Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 09:17:01 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Xenobiology (weird ones from far, far away)

Started by Melody Lee, August 29, 2008, 04:33:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Melody Lee

Lately I've been flexing my sketching muscles again, finally finding something to get the creative juices flowing - Extraterrestrials! Creature design is always fun, and throwing a dash of vague scientific thinking into a thing seems to give me a bit of room to mess about while making it interesting for myself. It's not too strict, just odd alternatives maybe. Fun though, thats the point of it. I love strange things and imagining strange things that could possibly live and breathe and enjoy themselves somehow has made drawing fun again.

Here are a few bits, very roughly done in a lined notebook, snapped on my cameraphone and tweaked/coloured on my laptop. So it's basic, but it's getting me geared up to get some canvases on the go again. I've used GIMP 2 to colour stuff, first time I've really attempted digital painting, being so used to the manipulator-limbs-with-brushes method.

A Sapient Monotreme (egg-laying mammal)
And again, with clothes on (including a monocle!)
Alternative clothed colours & stuff
Face closeup
And another face closeup with modified bone structure
A strange creature with boney surfaces visable (not fully done)
And again, closer up
A thingy I did earlier, just the upper part of it's body
And in colour, very roughly

I think you'll agree they're ropey and not too polished. But I'm fixing to really having a good go soon. I'd love to see strange things drawn/painted/photoshopped by others here. Go ahead and whack them up...

Jemble Fred

I've been doing these for a decade or more – only with considerably less artistic talent involved. Mine were just scribbly piss-takes.

My shit is still several thousand times better than 'Flanimals' though.

The Plaque Goblin

Marv Orange

Somebody wants wants someone to wear a cock riiiiiiiiiiiing.

Who would have thought there was a cock ring top trumps.

Melody Lee

Quote from: Marv Orange on August 29, 2008, 05:44:22 PM
Somebody wants wants someone to wear a cock riiiiiiiiiiiing.

Who would have thought there was a cock ring top trumps.

Heh! now you mention it...

DocDaneeka

Well I tried to draw an alien, but in the end all I could think was: "Pokemon! Gotta catch em all!"

The Plaque Goblin