Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 5,584,339
  • Total Topics: 106,754
  • Online Today: 1,132
  • Online Ever: 3,311
  • (July 08, 2021, 03:14:41 AM)
Users Online
Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 26, 2024, 02:13:38 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Fugazi releases 20 live shows

Started by Auntie Ovipositor, April 23, 2004, 08:17:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Auntie Ovipositor

Dunno how many Fugazi fans there are 'round these parts, but since they're on a potentially eternal hiatus, they've put out 20 live shows, with more to come if there's interest:
http://www.fugaziliveseries.com/

I've seen them do horrible shows and I've seen them do absolutely sublime ones. At a certain point I realized I was along for the ride.

Neville Chamberlain

Well, you've got one Fugazi fan here!

I remember reading about this not so long ago, but at that point it was still up in the air.

Thanks for the pointer, I shall be taking a sniff round there!

By the way, I think there's a few other Fugazi fans round here...

mr rou-rou

one of my favourite gigs ever was an early 90's Fugazi sweatfest!

I read this as 'come and download live footage of 20 gigs', boy am I disappointed, damn my 'optimism-vision'

I saw them last year do a by-the-numbers performance at the Academy, I enjoyed it but there was a lot of distracting shuffling from the crowd and a lot of classics had been dropped, it was around the time of the US sniper guy so 'margin walker' didn't get an airing for instance.

In fact thinking back it was really only the venue that was at fault, it needed to be about 500 people less.

The Fugazi film is available from soulseek and whatnot if you wanted to check out some live footage.

elderford

Same here, a few years ago I had a wonderful weekend of family reunion with my brother and seeing Sebadoh on the friday night and Fugazi on the Saturday night at the same small venue.

I lost all my collection in a relationship breakdown, but from memory I would recommend all curious VerbWhores to buy the mintastic End Hits album.

Neville Chamberlain

Quote from: "elderford"...I would recommend all curious VerbWhores to buy the mintastic End Hits album.

Yes, or their latest album The Argument. That's my favourite, although the much-overlooked In On The Killtaker is cracking too.

The only one I'd steer clear of is Steady Diet of Nothing. It's good, but it ain't *all that*.

Never seen them live unfortunately due to my being a relatively recent convert to the cause (just after The Argument came out), but they're on my imaginary gig wish-list. Wonder if that will ever be fulfilled...?

Dirty Boy

Quote from: "Jim"the much-overlooked In On The Killtaker is cracking too.

That is a great record actually.Public Witness Programme is beauty personified *wink* and there my  extensive  knowledge of this band  ends.

What's Repeater like then? that seems to be the one that always gets mentioned (except here)

chand

I love 'Steady Diet Of Nothing', for some reason, but it's probably the least-mentioned album of theirs. 'The Argument' and 'In On The Killtaker' are my favourites, but they don't do bad records anyway.

I saw the last show at the Academy they did and thought it was great, though I imagine that had something to do with it being the first time I'd seen them.

poison popcorn

i saw them in the lemon tree in aberdeen a few years back and it was about the best gig i've seen. tight as fuck, high energy stuff. red medicine is a good album too. i really hope they record more new stuff, that last one 'the argument' was pretty damn good, they don't seem to be waning at all.

NattyDread

Quote from: "Dirty Boy"
What's Repeater like then? that seems to be the one that always gets mentioned (except here)

It's a tremendous album! Even if you've only a passing interest in the band, you should hear this record.

mr rou-rou

here's a cheeky little link *rightclicksaveas from the track names to snaffle the mp3's*

Pailhead - Trait ep

my faves being

don't stand in line
man should surrender
i will refuse