Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 16, 2024, 09:29:51 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Wimblemong 2008: Final: ziggy starbucks v miles

Started by ziggy starbucks, September 01, 2008, 02:43:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ziggy starbucks

weeeeuuuurrrrrrrghhhhhhhhh

Johnny Yesno

alan nagsworth

Absolutely stellar effort. Good luck to you both (good luck in winning my vote, I mean)

wherearethespoons

Bleak and yet I laughed my tits off. I think it was sucky sucky.

Not very accurate with the naming are you - 1st place is clearly a boy, 2nd place is pedo's delight, 3rd place is another girl, 4th is the limping boy, 5th is curious boy, 6th and 7th are soldiers and no one else is on the track. At this late stage, it's details like that that could cost you the game. Look lively!

ziggy starbucks

Quote from: The Region Legion on September 03, 2008, 06:44:11 PM
Not very accurate with the naming are you - 1st place is clearly a boy, 2nd place is pedo's delight, 3rd place is another girl, 4th is the limping boy, 5th is curious boy, 6th and 7th are soldiers and no one else is on the track. At this late stage, it's details like that that could cost you the game. Look lively!

funnily enough, I received a pm a couple of days ago with the very same complaint.

1) The race has not yet finished, there are still a few laps to go. So the crying boy is currently in the lead but I thought he couldn't sustain it. Crying girl would overtake him. Notice that there is no finishing line in the shot

2) The american soldiers are not participating, they are just supervising. Handing out bottles of water, confirming the official results, organising transport etc

3) Its only a 4-lane running track so strictly speaking it cannot host official olympic events

4) $10 Sucky Sucky is not real name

5) However it would have been a better shot had I taken your (and the pm person's) approach. Bugger

6) All this allows me to dismiss my impending heavy defeat to miles as being about a minor technicality

wherearethespoons

Quote from: ziggy starbucks on September 03, 2008, 07:23:00 PM
funnily enough, I received a pm a couple of days ago with the very same complaint.

1) The race has not yet finished, there are still a few laps to go. So the crying boy is currently in the lead but I thought he couldn't sustain it. Crying girl would overtake him. Notice that there is no finishing line in the shot

The others could be way ahead and therefore out of shot.

alan nagsworth

Where's the return shot then?! I'm bored of this pedantry!

Miles

*squib*

Many bags full of apologies for the late return.

I will say that I don't have any idea about scoring systems in shooting, before anybody points out how wildly inaccurate it all is.

wherearethespoons

Nice. Your scoring system is all wrong though, probably.

eluc55

The logo in the bottom left renders all inaccuracies irrelevant. Absolutely brilliant.

ziggy starbucks

spack!

upping the bleakness levels somewhat

Derek Trucks

Remember that the final is 3 shots per player, so the game is currently only at its halfway point.

alan nagsworth

boxofslice

Great stuff and still another three shots to go!

Viero_Berlotti

This is great, c'mon miles you've got one big shot left, Clarkson looks as good as anything else this year, please top it.

Little Hoover

rudi

As is Ziggy's shotgun logo previously. Hell of a final so far, chaps.

ziggy starbucks

my final shot is going to take a while, sorry miles, derek and everyone.

real life has got in the way. I should have it up some time this week though, hopefully

ziggy starbucks

slump

the idea perhaps was better than my ability and the time available

anyway, thank god its over. free at last, free at last

oh, and just incase, the shot is a take on this notorious brass eye article from the daily mirror (I think) http://chilled.cream.org/graphics/charlotte.jpg

wheatgod

chocky909

Vitalstatistix

Miles

I've just worked for three hours straight on something which has turned out to be a rather humourless repeat of Ziggy's excellent shot, so I've discarded it. I'm really stumped on this one, and tomorrow I have to sort out my college registration and fees, so I 'm sorry to say it might be Saturday by the time I get a return shot posted.
My apologies to you all.

alan nagsworth

Fucking Sat-fucking-tur-fucking-day? Fuck! I'm only at work tomorrow night so I might miss out on the shot and even on the chance to vote as I'm not back in til Tuesday. Hurry it up Miles and I may be swayed to vote in your favour.

winkety wink

Miles

Miles

Apologies for the sub standard finish, I realised that I hadn't had any decent ideas, and probably wouldn't any time soon, so best to get it over and done with.

Voting now open.

Oh is it? In that case, Ziggy Starbucks