Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Members
  • Total Members: 17,819
  • Latest: Jeth
Stats
  • Total Posts: 5,577,464
  • Total Topics: 106,658
  • Online Today: 781
  • Online Ever: 3,311
  • (July 08, 2021, 03:14:41 AM)
Users Online
Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 03:24:21 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Wimblemong 2008: Final: ziggy starbucks v miles

Started by ziggy starbucks, September 01, 2008, 02:43:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

madhair60

Al Tha Funkee Homosapien

Ziggy for his first shot although cracking match all round.

When it came to the crunch, Ziggy wanted it more than anyone else this year, including the vote-begging whore, Delete Delete Delete and pretend bad losing bad loser, weekender. He was prepared to stay up a little bit later to cram in one extra joke in every shot, in every round, so insecure was he about his abilities to make the Verbwhores laugh, smile and cry. His mongs may have been technically inferior to almost everyone in this tournament, even me with only a laptop touchpad and a Chinese copy of Photoshop but that shaking mouse-hand soon turned to an iron glove when he saw that the title was within his grasp. Dobbie Byline didn't know it when she sent down those brutal bolts of truth from her heavenly throne but she inspired Ziggy to this, she made him the man he is today, battle scars and all. He took a long look at himself, his life, his personal hygiene and he realised they were worth nothing if he was going to win Wimblemong. He stinks. He's got no mates. He can't get a game on Mario Kart to save his life.

He IS the man of the year.

Ziggy Starbucks, ladies and gentlemen.

Ziggy Starbucks!

Edit: I vote for ziggy starbucks

joeyzaza

You've convinced me TBC.

ziggy starbucks gets my vote.

Fry

sproggy

OG Mudbone

Both were fantastic, but Ziggy just edges it...

Johnny Yesno

Miles, for his first shot and overall polish. A top effort, though, from ziggy with gags like DYI. Great match, chaps.

Hank_Kingsley

Lee Van Cleef

Miles. That second shot made me laugh out loud like Brian Blessed.

Derek Trucks

Not that it made a difference but the last 3 votes were after the 48 hours so don't count.

I make the final score ziggy 21 miles 15.

chocky909

Congratulations ziggy on winning one of the most qualityest Wimblemongs I can remember.

ziggy starbucks

thanks for voting for me people, I've had fun

Miles' shots were really great, I loved them. he's an artist

and this years tournament has indeed been excellent

wheatgod

Miles

Beaten by the better man, well done Ziggy, the image of Seb Coe smugly explaining the suicide games will stay with me a long time.
Cheers to all who were kind enough to give me their votes.
I hope the tournament is as good next year, many thanks to Derek for wielding the discipline stick and keeping it all running smoothly.

rudi

A triumph; a TRIUMPH!

Everyone involved should feel extra pleased with themselves for the next seven hours.

Cerys

Congratulations Zig!

shouldhavebeenmeshouldhavebeenmeshouldhavebeenmeshouldhavebeenmeshouldhavebeenmeshouldhavebeenme

eluc55

Yeah, just wanted to add my name to the chorus singing both Ziggy' and indeed every player's praises. Probably the best year of wimblemong since I started following it 3-4 years ago. Interesting to see how people have voted too, votes often splitting between technically superior efforts and the funnier, but often notably "rougher" ones (weekender, I'm looking at you). 

Anyway, superb year, and a respectful nod to Derek Trucks, whose wise and impartial rod of iron ensured that things moved at a very reasonable pace. Thanks muchly Derek.

Final thought: could we have the equivilant of the Olympics closing ceremony, whereby everybody posts their favourite mongs from the competition for easy perusal on future rainy evenings? Is that the done thing? I can't recall.   

wherearethespoons

Congratulations to Ziggy only. The rest of you are losers.

Vitalstatistix

Quote from: eluc55 on September 15, 2008, 09:24:22 AM
Final thought: could we have the equivilant of the Olympics closing ceremony, whereby everybody posts their favourite mongs from the competition for easy perusal on future rainy evenings? Is that the done thing? I can't recall.  

Yes to this.

eluc55

I'd like to think that Ziggy designed a series of elaborate ACME style traps to prevent you lot from voting until it was too late.

Have you been under a boulder for the last 12 hours? If so, the result may be null and void.

Small Man Big Horse

Congratulations Ziggy, it's been a fantastic year but you definitely deserved to be the winner because you made me laugh so much.

As for favourite mongs of the competition, this is one of my favourites:

It's 'grief boner' and the evil panda's sad face that does it for me.

alan nagsworth

OH FUCKADOODLE

I wanted to vote for ziggy, I reckon my vote could really have swung it.

Well done to the both of you, it's been a glorious year for New Labour and Wimblemong.

Viero_Berlotti

He may have lost the final, but Miles produced the shot of the tournament for me:

Well done Ziggy, I can't wait for next years. (Maybe we could do a Wimblemong Xmas Special comp this year so we don't have to wait so long for another?)

Cerys

The image that sticks in my head the most is this from Rubbish Monkey:

So simple, yet utterly brilliant.

ziggy starbucks

so many favourites....

micanio

marv orange

koant

and lee's amazing NWS animation
http://m-pi.com/mixo/shot1.gif

and many more