Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 5,584,339
  • Total Topics: 106,754
  • Online Today: 1,132
  • Online Ever: 3,311
  • (July 08, 2021, 03:14:41 AM)
Users Online
Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 26, 2024, 02:12:34 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Max Tundra - Parallax Error Beheads You

Started by Vitalstatistix, September 11, 2008, 09:55:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vitalstatistix

New album coming out in October. Can't believe it's been 6 years since Mastered by the Guy at the Exchange.

I find his music energetic and wonderfully odd.

Here you can listen to the first single.

Here's some info bout the album and tour (from P4k):

Parallax Error Beheads You:

01 Gum Chimes
02 Will Get Fooled Again
03 Which Song
04 My Night Out
05 Orphaned
06 Nord Lead Three
07 The Entertainment
08 Number Our Days
09 Glycaemic Index Blues
10 Until We Die

Max Tundra:

09-20 Luxembourg, Luxembourg - Exit07
10-05 London, England - LSO St Luke's (Domino Crystal Anniversary) *   
10-23 Southampton, England - Guildhall ^   
10-24 Cardiff, Wales - University ^
10-25 Liverpool, England - Academy ^
10-26 Leeds, England - Academy ^
10-28 Sheffield, England - Academy ^
10-29 Birmingham, England - Academy ^
10-30 Cambridge, England - Corn Exchange ^   
11-01 Manchester, England - Apollo ^
11-02 Glasgow, Scotland - Academy ^
11-03 Leicester, England - De Montford University ^   
11-05 Brighton, England - Dome ^
11-06 London, England - Brixton Academy ^!   
11-07 London Brixton Academy ^!   

* with Juana Molina
^ with Hot Chip
! with Wiley

Vitalstatistix

Well, I wasn't sure at first, but it's really clicked over the last few listens. In fact I absolutely love this album, possibly more so than his other two.

I know there's some fans of his here, what do you think to his latest offering? A six year wait and no discussion!?

It's so strange with Tundra, after a certain number of listens those dubious tempo changes and off-key notes all of a sudden just start making perfect sense, and you wouldn't want it any other way. What starts off as annoying ends up as astounding and addictive. PEBY certainly contains some of his poppiest melodies, but it's still not a particularly 'accessible' album. I wonder if it'll win him any new fans, or just remain as another gem for his obsessive fans to absorb 'til the next album in six years time...

chand

Only listened to it twice so far, and am still undecided as to quite how good it is, although I'm certainly enjoying it. In fact this thread has prompted me to put it on again.

Neville Chamberlain

This is a very good album and I like it even more than the first. Haven't listened to it in a while now though, so I'm going to stick it on my mp3 player later and give it another listen...

Vitalstatistix

Nev, I knew you wouldn't let me down!

chand - has it grown on you, old chap?

I'm seriously addicted to the synths on this album, I think I need a shot of 90's Seattle grunge to calm me down...

King of scurf

I really love this album but I haven't got anything interesting to say about it whatsoever.  But I can tell you that he is touring this month, so look out.

chand

Quote from: Vitalstatistix on January 12, 2009, 12:55:39 PMchand - has it grown on you, old chap?

I'm definitely enjoying it more with every listen, at any rate, I like the surprising nature of it.