Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 16, 2024, 11:57:21 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Lost Season 5

Started by Ja'moke, September 15, 2008, 05:57:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Old Thrashbarg

Quote from: Marv Orange on October 23, 2008, 11:17:34 PM
There was nothing in that trailer that we didn't already know except for a few lines from jack at the end.

Was it known that they definitely all decided to return? I was expecting that to be the main focus of the season: deciding whether or not they were going to go back, finding out how to, arranging it, etc.

Marv Orange

Quote from: Old Thrashbarg on October 23, 2008, 11:22:52 PM
Was it known that they definitely all decided to return? I was expecting that to be the main focus of the season: deciding whether or not they were going to go back, finding out how to, arranging it, etc.

I sure lost will take its time as usual. The last line of the previous season was about going back makes it sort of obvious what  to expect for this season.

Part Chimp

The 13th Rule of CaB states that thee must piss and moan about a show before it's been broadcast. Good to here we're adhering to that here. Really looking forward to this season, the last was most enjoyable. I hope we get more Daniel Faraday and "constant" stuff, that was all ace.

ozziechef

The bits I'm looking forward to from the trailer are

Spoiler alert
The yellow suited man coming out of the hatch, a woman (?) uncovering a new hatch and the return of Boon's plane.
[close]

And I'm happy if they skip all the rubbish about them reintegrating, in fact the whole OCeanic 6 can be left as far as I'm concerned. The on-island stuff rules (apart from ben and Desmond obviously).

In other news, I've just been playing the Lost XBOX game, it's pretty poor and the voice work is terrible. Also it seems to be very very short. This ends the 3 year old review.

Beck

Quote from: Part Chimp on October 24, 2008, 01:00:20 AM
The 13th Rule of CaB states that thee must piss and moan about a show before it's been broadcast. Good to here we're adhering to that here. Really looking forward to this season, the last was most enjoyable. I hope we get more Daniel Faraday and "constant" stuff, that was all ace.

People aren't allowed to make observations on the trailer and post their realistic expectations based on that and the last season's quality if they're feeling apprehensive about it, but it's OK for you to make an entirely vapid "looks good!!" post?

Part Chimp

I didn't say it looks good. It just seems premature to say anything about the new season based on that trailer.

hpmons

It is the trailer for the whole series, so they are going to show the exciting bits, not the bits where they sit and comtemplate "Shall we go back? Hm...". Surely the trailer itself shows that their return isnt immediate anyway? It doesnt show any of the Six on the island yet, just attempting to get back.

Spoiler alert
I think the woman uncovering a new hatch is Juliet.
[close]

Its great to see Sun in the new trailer.  I forgot how much I love Sun.

Lt Plonker

Spoiler alert
The guy that gets a wallop from Sayid (and eventually carried out by Hurley) looks a bit like Desmond! I think they're taking him back by force.
[close]

Also:

Spoiler alert
Is that Jack doing a spot of archeology/mining? Possibly following in Charlotte's footsteps a bit there?
[close]

I hope at the end of LOST's run, they producers/writers/whatever, give us an outline of how the show would've been structured and paced (had it not been extended like it has) and what fate would've befallen characters that were written out unexpectedly, that sort of thing.

hpmons

Quote from: Lt Plonker on October 24, 2008, 06:41:18 PM
Spoiler alert
The guy that gets a wallop from Sayid (and eventually carried out by Hurley) looks a bit like Desmond! I think they're taking him back by force.
[close]

I was thinking the same thing too actually, but

Spoiler alert
Would Desmond need to return?  He got on the island long before the Oceanic people anyway.  To me, it looked more like Sayid was the one being attacked, not the other man merely defending himself
[close]

mjwilson

Quote from: hpmons on October 24, 2008, 02:55:55 PM
It is the trailer for the whole series, so they are going to show the exciting bits, not the bits where they sit and comtemplate "Shall we go back? Hm...". Surely the trailer itself shows that their return isnt immediate anyway? It doesnt show any of the Six on the island yet, just attempting to get back.

Spoiler alert
I think the woman uncovering a new hatch is Juliet.
[close]

Spoiler alert
Speculation elsewhere seems to be that it's the old hatch being uncovered again, due to time-travel shenanigans. So Juliet finds the hatch, the guy in the haz-mat suit is one of the Dharma lot, perhaps even Kelvin or Radzinsky. I can't say I understand how that would work, but it sounds like the kind of thing they might do.
[close]

Ja'moke

Quote from: mjwilson on October 25, 2008, 06:34:24 PM
Spoiler alert
Speculation elsewhere seems to be that it's the old hatch being uncovered again, due to time-travel shenanigans. So Juliet finds the hatch, the guy in the haz-mat suit is one of the Dharma lot, perhaps even Kelvin or Radzinsky. I can't say I understand how that would work, but it sounds like the kind of thing they might do.
[close]

I could see that happening. Apparently this season is suppose to the "strangest thing that's ever been on network television ever".

mjwilson

If they can top the last episode of Twin Peaks I'll be very impressed.

Beck

Quote from: mjwilson on October 25, 2008, 11:07:38 PM
If they can top the last episode of Twin Peaks I'll be very impressed.

Yeah, there's no way that'll happen, but it's definitely encouraging they're aiming for something off-the-wall. Lost's far more fun when it's fucking about.

What was the subliminal message after Jack says something about "bad things happening"?

Ja'moke

Quote from: Beck on October 26, 2008, 11:14:49 AM
Yeah, there's no way that'll happen, but it's definitely encouraging they're aiming for something off-the-wall. Lost's far more fun when it's fucking about.

What was the subliminal message after Jack says something about "bad things happening"?

Just "Dharma Initiative", nothing major.

Ja'moke

Official start date of Season 5 is January 21st and it's two episodes back to back!

That's not that far away really. Let's hope there isn't a writers/actors strike and we get the entire run this season.

Cappsy

Pleased that it's starting a few weeks earlier than I expected.  And one hour of that two premiere is a recap show.  As always.

Kazuo Kiriyama

Quote from: Cappsy on November 10, 2008, 12:19:03 AM
Pleased that it's starting a few weeks earlier than I expected.  And one hour of that two premiere is a recap show.  As always.

Not this season - it's the recap show followed by a proper two hour premiere.

Quote"Lost" is coming back, and sooner than you might think.

Sources say ABC is scheduling a two-hour premiere for the fifth season debut of the Emmy-winning thriller on Wednesday, Jan. 21. The premiere will be preceded by a one-hour clip show (so three hours of "Lost" total).

That means "Lost" is returning to its Wednesday-at-9 p.m. time period. The most recent fourth season aired on Thursdays -- first at 9 p.m., then shifting to 10 p.m. after "Grey's Anatomy" returned to air following the writers strike. The new premiere date is also slightly earlier than last season.

ABC has lined up 17 episodes for 2009, which is one hour more than the show's now-standard 16-episode tally. The network added an extra hour to compensate for last year, which was cut short due to the strike.

Cappsy

Ginyard

Still over 2 months to go. Damn. I'm so amped for this next season given how good the last one was.

Joy Nktonga

Anyone else get their "Volunteer Assessment Dossier" from The Dharma Initiative? The email arrived with a convoluted message from Eeghen about how the credit crunch has ruined Dharma and all its bent bosses have fled leaving him, on financially and legally shaky ground himslef, in charge of the whole thing. His last act before doing his own bunk and releasing the VAD was to sell The Initiative "to the television shoe LOST". Lindelof and Cuse should be in touch soon as to their future plans for TDI and how these plans affect us.

My certificate of completion bestows on me the position of cinematographer, and is followed by my list of scores (5 out of 7 above the recruit average, one score 0 out of 50) including whether I'd cheated and my adjusted score if I had.

Ja'moke

Artemis

Oooh, that's quite nice, actually. I hope the preclusion of the other characters isn't a telling sign of their fate.

hpmons

Why does Juliet look nothing like she actually does?  She looks weird.

Desmond is still there, so he's going to appear once again I suppose...I do hope he doesnt appear too much though - I cant quite explain why (since he is perhaps my favorite character) but I just feel like the way they left it with him and Penny was good.  And while Ben says they "have to go back", I dont see why Desmond would, since he arrived at a different time.

Oooooh, theres Charlotte, I hope we see more of her.

boxofslice

Trailer for season 5 with some awful US bore rock.

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/tv/a136467/a-brand-new-lost-trailer.html

Not sure how much of that is new material. Still debating with myself whether to bother watching the next season as the last one was so hit-and-miss.

Ja'moke

Quote from: boxofslice on November 25, 2008, 12:41:08 PM

Not sure how much of that is new material. Still debating with myself whether to bother watching the next season as the last one was so hit-and-miss.

Hit and miss?! I thought Season 4 was the best since Season 1. I enjoyed every episode, some were excellent, particularly the Desmond-centrics. I think there were only a couple of duds last season and for Lost that is really good.

I'm really looking forward to Season 5.

Artemis

I don't know what on earth boxofslice is talking about - I thought season four was terrific.

Interesting trailer, despite the shitty music. Half way through, this flashes up for a split second:

Wassallthatabaht, then?

hpmons

Gah, that would have been a great video if it wasnt for the song...Heck, even with the song its decent, but mingling it with scenes of the band? That just incredibly irritating.

Who was that in Desmond's bed? It looked like Juliet, or was it just Penny with different hair?

Oooooh lots of nice scenes with the lovely Daniel and Charlotte, oooooh.

Quote from: Artemis on November 25, 2008, 02:01:47 PM
I don't know what on earth boxofslice is talking about - I thought season four was terrific.

Interesting trailer, despite the shitty music. Half way through, this flashes up for a split second:

Wassallthatabaht, then?

Obvious I know, but:

http://www.lostpedia.com/wiki/Ajira_Airways

http://ajiraairways.com/

OG Mudbone

Quote from: boxofslice on November 25, 2008, 12:41:08 PM

As others have asked - what was so hit-and-miss about it? Season four was great!

There was only one bad episode (the flash-forward to Kate's murder trial, which was only made so the writers could get questions about her freedom out of the way) and maybe one unnecessary one (Juliet's flashback about her affair with Goodwin, although I still enjoyed it), but the rest were superb and didn't waste a single second of story-time.

Elsewhere, the "quote of the day" on Lostpedia amused me...

boxofslice

Quote from: OG Mudbone on November 28, 2008, 10:47:32 AM
As others have asked - what was so hit-and-miss about it? Season four was great!

Ah, maybe it's just me then. Maybe I'm just tired of the whole thing and want them to JUST GET ON WITH IT!! There's probably a couple of really good mini-series in there but stretched out over how ever many seasons there's going to be it just feels worn out.