Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 09:00:51 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Lost Season 5

Started by Ja'moke, September 15, 2008, 05:57:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

HappyTree

I'm mostly looking forward to seeing the two episodes one of my best friends is in! It was funny, she Skyped me the other day and said hey Happy I just finished filming Lost. I was like, WTF?!!

So, like, cool 'n' stuff. You'll all be able to see the one who gave me the name Happy Tree. Won't that be exciting? heh She doesn't have much dialogue so it'll probably be a "oh was that it?" moment.

She didn't want to say much about it but did say she was wearing late 70s clothes, so I presume she's in one of the flashbacks.

Ja'moke

Oh cool. How did that come about then?

HappyTree

She lives in Hawaii so I presume she was hanging around backstage like a real rock'n'roller. Heh, well she's been working as an actress for the theatre over there and I presume applied for an audition. Some people, eh? Actually now I think of it she was an extra in the new Indy film first. I must watch it again and see if I can spot her.

Ja'moke

Living Hawaii, theatre productions, appearing in Lost...ah the life. You will have to point out who she is when that episode airs.

Only a couple of months now before it starts...

batwings

Quote from: boxofslice on November 28, 2008, 12:17:34 PM
Ah, maybe it's just me then. Maybe I'm just tired of the whole thing and want them to JUST GET ON WITH IT!! There's probably a couple of really good mini-series in there but stretched out over how ever many seasons there's going to be it just feels worn out.

It's not just you. I found the first couple of seasons to be a great mix of characters and mysteries but I thought the last season was a bit shit. It certainly moved along a fair old pace but  I just found myself not caring about what happened.  Pretty much all the original characters have become annoying idiots and I can't bring myself to root much for them. Besides, the series has gone so far into the realm of anything-can-happen, what with time travel and a teleporting, omnipotent island, coupled with a flash-forward structure that tends to remove tension (witness jack's appendix surgery - we all knew he would make it), then not much tends to matter.

I was so into this show when it started but now I'd place it in the same category as something like Prison Break - an reasonably enjoyable bit of fluff that doesn't really stick in the mind much after the episode is over. Which is fine but compare it to something like the Shield, with consistent characters, great acting and a gripping plot - I'm still reeling over the Shield's finale. Last time I felt anything like that over Lost was the opening of season 2.

Ginyard

Quote from: batwings on November 29, 2008, 07:39:05 PM
stuff

My wife agrees, although I don't. She thinks its all become so splintered that the principal characters have suffered a dissipation of sorts that have left them somewhat colourless, to the extent that they can no longer carry her through the rest of the series, no matter how many twists, turns and 'gasp-out-loud' moments there are.

As I type, I'm trying to persuade her to come on this forum and post her own views but she says whenever she's read CaB she finds it all a bit scary.

Artemis

Quote from: Ginyard on November 29, 2008, 08:44:01 PM
she says whenever she's read CaB she finds it all a bit scary.

I have no idea what could make her think that.

Ja'moke

Has anyone got the Season 4 DVD? Apparently there is a really cool feature which is a TV conspiracy special about the Oceanic 6. I'd like to see that, may wait until the boxset comes down in price though.

Artemis

I thought you were collecting them anyway - wasn't it you who bought my season one set?

(and by 'bought', Neil, I mean 'leant on a long term basis while a separate and completely unrelated exchange of cash was taking place, coincidentally by the same person).

Ja'moke

Quote from: Artemis on December 03, 2008, 05:56:11 PM
I thought you were collecting them anyway - wasn't it you who bought my season one set?

(and by 'bought', Neil, I mean 'leant on a long term basis while a separate and completely unrelated exchange of cash was taking place, coincidentally by the same person).

Ha.

Yeah that was me, thanks for that by the way, was a real bargain. I will get them all at some stage, I've only got S1 and S2, but S3 is cheaper now so I may soon purchase that but they are even cheaper sometimes in January.

Ja'moke

Small Man Big Horse

Yep, that's the one.

I'm quite excited by this now, it's felt so far off for ages but I guess it's only a little more than a month away now. And with BSG returning, hopefully the new year will make for a better batch of US shows than we're currently getting.

Ja'moke

Did you watch the new HBO show True Blood, Small Man?

I thought that was probably the best new US show of the year, it takes a while getting use to, not in the sense that the plot is slow or anything, just the style and humour takes a bit to grow on you, but I ended up really enjoying it and the finale was brilliant.

But yeah, really looking forward to Lost. And of course for my trashy side of TV, Celebrity Big Brother is back on January 2nd so that will keep me occupied until Lost returns. :)

Ginyard

[youtube=425,350]http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=mVv3Dtwj5lI&feature=related[/youtube]

'Day'r cans of beeeeeans'

Is it wrong that I found this hysterically funny?. i was literally crying after the boat doctor briefly appeared.

Small Man Big Horse

Quote from: Ja'moke on December 03, 2008, 11:40:18 PM
Did you watch the new HBO show True Blood, Small Man?

I thought that was probably the best new US show of the year, it takes a while getting use to, not in the sense that the plot is slow or anything, just the style and humour takes a bit to grow on you, but I ended up really enjoying it and the finale was brilliant.

But yeah, really looking forward to Lost. And of course for my trashy side of TV, Celebrity Big Brother is back on January 2nd so that will keep me occupied until Lost returns. :)

I'm slowly making my way through it, I've watched the first five episodes and I've mixed feelings. I think Anna Pacquin's great in the lead role, and the subplots with Jason and Tara have been fun, but I'm struggling to like Bill that much which has proved a tad problematic. I'm definitely going to stick with it, Six Feet Under took a short while to get going, but I have doubts that it'll grab me in the same way that that show did.

I think I'm also really missing things like Journeyman and J-Pod, and nothing this year has so far replaced my love for those shows, but hopefully that will be remedied in the new year.

Ja'moke

Quote from: Small Man Big Horse on December 04, 2008, 02:23:09 AM
I'm slowly making my way through it, I've watched the first five episodes and I've mixed feelings. I think Anna Pacquin's great in the lead role, and the subplots with Jason and Tara have been fun, but I'm struggling to like Bill that much which has proved a tad problematic. I'm definitely going to stick with it, Six Feet Under took a short while to get going, but I have doubts that it'll grab me in the same way that that show did.

Yeah Bill doesn't really grab me that much either, but the show definitely gets better as it goes on.

Ginyard

Quote from: Small Man Big Horse on December 03, 2008, 11:20:27 PM
And with BSG returning, hopefully the new year will make for a better batch of US shows than we're currently getting.

Anyone know what date BSG is back on?. I din't much like the last series but I've got to see where they're taking it after that bleak ending.

Small Man Big Horse

It's back on January 16th, and should run consecutively until the series finale on March 20th. And then at some point next year we get the prequel series Caprica, but I can't say I'm too excited about that.

Ginyard

Quote from: Small Man Big Horse on December 05, 2008, 06:15:12 PM
It's back on January 16th, and should run consecutively until the series finale on March 20th. And then at some point next year we get the prequel series Caprica, but I can't say I'm too excited about that.

So soon?. Wahaay!. Looks set to be a really good start to the year on tv.

I'm with you re: Caprica. It does sound a bit like its going to be a load of political wank. I'm afraid my poor attention span needs some dykes in space shooting up robots.

Artemis

What's Caprica when it's at home? And BSG? Why have you all started talking about things I don't know about?!!

I smell a conspiracy.

Ginyard

Quote from: Artemis on December 05, 2008, 11:13:03 PM
What's Caprica when it's at home? And BSG? Why have you all started talking about things I don't know about?!!

I smell a conspiracy.

BSG is a series about mad cow disease.

Caprica: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Caprica_(TV_series)

It says 'Sci-fi family saga'. I think that's what's got me grumbling because I don't much like family sagas, except the Corleones, and maybe the Brannings. I've just read the premise though and it could be ok. As long as there's some fighting and guns 'n' shit.

Old Thrashbarg

Quote from: Ginyard on December 05, 2008, 11:26:49 PM
Caprica: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Caprica_(TV_series)

That's weird: for some reason the last bracket isn't recognised as being part of the link (meaning the link doesn't work).

I wonder if this will work?

It does. How about: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Caprica_(TV_series)

Again, yes. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Caprica_(TV_series) still isn't though. Odd.

Ginyard

Hopefully this one will work better. It contains potential spoiler material I suppose, nothing major though:

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/cult/a137584/lost-boss-concerned-about-cast-split.html

OG Mudbone

Quote from: Ginyard on December 04, 2008, 01:52:15 AM
[youtube=425,350]http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=mVv3Dtwj5lI&feature=related[/youtube]

'Day'r cans of beeeeeans'

Is it wrong that I found this hysterically funny?. i was literally crying after the boat doctor briefly appeared.

That's amazing. It made me do a genuine, real-life LOL.

Ja'moke

Quote from: Ginyard on December 06, 2008, 10:39:37 AM
Hopefully this one will work better. It contains potential spoiler material I suppose, nothing major though:

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/cult/a137584/lost-boss-concerned-about-cast-split.html

I'm glad he said that
Spoiler alert
the entire season won't be the Oceanic 6 trying to get back to the island
[close]
...that would have pissed me off.

Oh and I found that Oceanic 6 Conspiracy video from the Season 4 DVD.

http://video.yahoo.com/watch/4045022/10932660

That is a really cool special feature.

Artemis

Ah great, thanks for that. I've just found links to the DVD rip of this, and was going to pm them to you but obviously I don't need to now.

Ja'moke

Quote from: Artemis on December 13, 2008, 12:21:29 PM
Ah great, thanks for that. I've just found links to the DVD rip of this, and was going to pm them to you but obviously I don't need to now.

Nah go ahead, the quality is probably far better. I'd like to put it on to disc as well if I can.

Ja'moke

Ginyard

Quote from: Ja'moke on December 17, 2008, 07:40:20 PM
New Sneak Peek trailer:

http://spoilerslost.blogspot.com/2008/12/new-sneak-peek-and-message-from-darlton.html

Who'd have thought those two would be sharing a room!. Mad. I wonder if some decent questions are going to be asked in their precious time together.