Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 26, 2024, 11:32:05 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Metal/Rock Night on CAB RADIO! READ ME!

Started by Monkeyfucker, September 25, 2008, 12:45:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

November 8th can you attend ?

November 15th
November 15th
RAWK ON BEATCH
Rave music please only thx k pix pls

Monkeyfucker

Well. Isn't it about fucking time?

I've hosted plenty of times on CAB radio. I always play some form of rock or metal but always  (try to at least) play a varied mix over the course of the evening.

After an impromptu hosting session last weekend, until 9am , I have realised it is about time CAB radio had its very own Rock & Metal evening. Requests will be taken of course, but if theyre not rock and metal, they're not getting played!

For this will be a night of no compromising.  I make no secret of my preferred genre of music. It's quite obvious really if you have ever heard any of my shows (apart from Valentines which was a loved up  mess! ).

Anyway, the thing I love about music is, there is so much to learn about it. So , this evening will also bring an introduction to different genres, musical styles , and also a little bit about the history . I am looking for clips of your favourite rockers saying what ever - send me them in. Lemmy? Ozzy? You know the type I'm on about. Do you have a good Bruce Dickinson interview?

Do you want to become a rock - metal star of CAB radio, then certainly sir, get a recording and make me a song. Your very own interpretation of rock or metal, be it serious or plain fucking ridiculous.Would you record me your very own metal jingle?  Have you got a controversial opinion about metal you would like to anonomously share? Have you been a lurker for years and now want to breake your skype hymen while drunkenly talking about metal stuff? Have you , like me, for a face for radio? Are you a former rocker forced to blend into society by your ever increasingly nagging wife , yet you secretly listen to Black Sabbath LPs in the attic? Have you anything at all you would like to say on the matter? (Takes best Jeremy Kyle glare & stance )

So,  with input from all you interested/ing verbwhores, this evening shall happen in the next few weeks. AT this stage I am trying to establish who would like to get involved? Ive already got a couple of volunteers.

Anything at all! Please also feel free to leave submissions or comments on Neils voicemail! Yes folks,for the measly price of a local rate call, you can simply pick up the phone , call 02895811976 and leave your very own contribution right on the phone. None of this fucking about with complicated software. You can work a phone, right? Just say "METAL ROCK CAB RADIO" (preferably in a death metal voice) then leave your message, right after that stupid woman with the annoying voice, cause Neil bloody changed it from him.

Now, about getting involved. Anything at all. One particularly good mix is in the making as we speak. It aims to take you on a little rock and roll journey.

This will be "a guide to contemporary metal for the uniniated or for anyone who gives a fuck enough to listen" mix. It will be played in two parts, with hopefully drunken skyping in between to discuss the merits of the pentatonic scale, or the best gig you've ever been to. Have you met a metal legend? Do tell.

We hope to demonstrate the different genre's, their characteristics, and how they developed. Beer will be a plenty that evening, and I for one have reserved myself a bottle of jager for the very evening. So, get yourself a carry out and come along.

Please let me know if you are interested in taking this little mini metal rock journey. We can listen to anything as long as it's , ya know. Rock or metal. From System of a Down to Slayer, Bathory to Black Sabbath, Carcass to Clutch, Panterra to Pearl Jam, Meatloaf to Megadeth, Whitesnake to White Zombie. (How many of these do I have to do to get my point across? More ? ok) Teresbetoni to Tool, Finntroll to Foo Fighters, Emperor to Eric Clapton, Anthrax to Apocolyptica, Hatebreed to Hammerfall, Manowar to Mastodon, Judas Priest to Joe Satriani, Kreator to Korpiklaani, MC5 to Metallica, Pagan Altar to Pantokrator, Napalm Death to Nightwish, Black sabbath to Blind Guardian, Diamond head to Dethklok? Now? enough? I bet you couldn't record yourself saying ALL these bands without making a mistake. (reverse psychology,, actually now it's reverse reverse psychology)

Please, start putting your requests in now! Email me at lauralaffs@gmail.com . What ever it is, I would be happy to receive it (note - im not leaving myself open to all sorts of shit, you know what I mean)

So, talk, good, no good? will you come along? Even if it wouldn't be your preferred musical style? I've listened to many a Jazz night on cab radio.....

/m\

Incidentally, Ive accidentally made my window of cab full size, how do i make it normal again?

Here's a list of my accidental metal journey on Saturday

Spoiler alert

War Pigs - Luke's Wall
Black Sabbath          
Sleeping Giant (Album Version)
Mastodon          
Future Breed Machine
Meshuggah             
Starbreaker (Judas Priest cover)
Arch Enemy             
Murmaider Dethklok          
Hale-bopp blues Clutch          
Living Dissection Cannibal Corpse          
Prison Song System of a Down          
Mr. Jack System of a Down       
Methampthetamine EyeHateGod             
Hallowed Be Thy Name Iron Maiden          
Architecture of Aggression Megadeth          =
Seek and Destroy Metallica          
Am I Evil Metallica          
Ticks & Leeches Tool          
Ride the Lightning Metallica             
The Number of the Beast Iron Maiden          
Time Is Mine Tony Iommi feat. Philip Anselmo          
Bring Your Daughter... to the Slaughter Iron Maiden          
En Mäktig Här Finntroll             
Holy Tears Isis          
A Hero's Lament Waylander          
Battery Ensiferum             
Symphony of Destruction Megadeth          
Possession Doomriders          
Roots of Dub King Tubby          
Sweet Child O'mine Guns N' Roses              
The Tetris Song  Adam and Joe             
Big Balls AC/DC          
Adam and Joe Go Tokyo - Gaijin Invasion song
Adam and Joe             
The Unforgiven III Metallica          
Jack The Stripper - Fairies Wear Boots Black Sabbath              
Highway Star Deep Purple

[close]

Taggers, don't be cowardly. Say it to my face bitches.

Monkeyfucker

First request already ! woo hoooo! Loving your work Clone.

This will be a new organised me. I will even remember who sent what requests and everything (at least until the jager sets in anyway)

Claude the Racecar Driving Rockstar Super Sleuth

Monkeyfucker

Quote from: Claude the Racecar Driving Rockstar Super Sleuth on September 25, 2008, 12:56:10 AM
Finally we shall crush the jazz lovers.

The even better news is it could become a regular thing , who knows? I'm genuinely hoping for people to crawl out of the woodwork.

Monkeyfucker

Done ! As long as I can throw in Briefcase full of guts as well.

Spiteface

This sounds like a VERY welcome change of pace from the abundance of Jazz etc on CaB Radio.  While I'm not that much of a metal fan, the names listed souds like there will be something there.

Play some Smashing Pumpkins as well - While I wouldn't categorise them as a "metal" band as such, Corgan's been more than capable of writing heavy stuff - From "Tales of a Scorched Earth" and "The Everlasting Gaze" through to more recent stuff like "Superchrist".  Infact, I'd be more than happy to hear Superchrist on CaB Radio.

Monkeyfucker

Quote from: Spiteface on September 25, 2008, 01:02:41 AM
This sounds like a VERY welcome change of pace from the abundance of Jazz etc on CaB Radio. 

Thanks Spitey. Not that there's anything wrong with jazz of course, it's just not everyones cup of tea. And yes I am hoping there will be something there for everyone. Variation is key! It won't be ten hours of death metal or anything.

Requests noted Spite, thanks. If you have either and want to linky me etc etc ;)

I'm genuinely interested in luring some people in who may not have listened to cab radio...... It's great.....

Actually, jazz is indirectly responsible for metal as Tony Iommi was inspired to keep on playing guitar after his accident by listening to Django Rhinehart.

As for requests, you can't beat a bit of Kyuss and Electric Wizard.

Monkeyfucker

You see Claude, you prove my very point. These are things I don't yet know and need to learn! Think you could be persuaded for an ould skype on said evening? I'd be genuinely interested to hear more about that. I tend to know more music than knowledge if that makes sense

Napalm Death?? Ill play it for "cowardly anon"

micanio

Monkeyfucker

Good work Micanio! That first one doesn't work!

Old Thrashbarg

Is this thread being made available for request's then? If so, I'll post a few up when I can be arsed (and when it's not getting on for 3am). For now though, get some Killswitch Engage (if you don't already have any), preferably My Last Serenade, To The Sons of Man or Rose of Sharyn. Oh, and anything off 3 Inches of Blood's Advance and Vanquish album, with Deadly Sinners being the highlight.

Monkeyfucker

Yes, request away! Do, say, whatever youwant!

LadyDay

I'm not a great metal fan but I'm prepared to be converted as long as you play lots of Kyuss

..and send me a lifesize cutout of a naked Josh Homme

niat

I would like to request the following, please

Dillinger Escape Plan: 43% Burnt:

[youtube=425,350]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TbfZOfLaO3Q[/youtube]

Faith No More: Caffeine:

[youtube=425,350]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sRFPs7L9Vgw[/youtube]

Fishbone: Sunless Saturday:

[youtube=425,350]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yi5TBF4uloY[/youtube]

Thanks!

boki

Quote from: Claude the Racecar Driving Rockstar Super Sleuth on September 25, 2008, 12:56:10 AM
Finally we shall crush the jazz lovers.

{ceases work on jazz-metal mix for the show}

Spoiler alert
I could do it, you know. Don't tempt me
[close]

Lee Van Cleef

Burst - Where the Wave Broke
Nasum - Fury

Would both be awesome.

When is this going to happen then?  I'd like to hear it.

eluc55

Vitalstatistix

Anything by Mammoth Volume (the most underrated of Stoner bands) and I'm there!

I recommend anything from A Single Book of Songs, particularly "Brave Manic Mover", "What Happened in Antioch?" or "To Gloria".

Gradual Decline

boki

Al Tha Funkee Homosapien

Suffocation, Morbid Angel, Cynic or Obituary please!

purlieu

Sounds like my kind of thing.  If you're open to some metalcore (for the kids), Botch and Norma Jean would be lovely.

Monkeyfucker

Fuck, i'm totally chuffed to bits with the responses already!

All requests noted, fuck Ill have to file them all! Keep the suggestions coming and keep voting on the preferred day! Thursday and Saturday are in a tie at the moment , so we will have to get a clearer vote before picking!

Weird tags I must say! I expected to come in here and have been slated to death actually

trench

You know I'm there, well, as long as I'm off the next day that is (how rock and roll is that?). I'll try to get a mix sorted out.

Monkeyfucker

Great, So far we have mixes from Trench, Sirhenry and of course not forgetting

"a guide to contemporary metal for the uniniated or for anyone who gives a fuck enough to listen" mix  by Mr Sovereign.

Any more and it may have to go towards a second night at this rate. Woo fuckin hoo!

Day, pick a fucking day!

Saturday would appear to be appropriate, with it being the sabbath and all. On the other hand, thursday is Thor's day and it doesn't get much more rocking than viking mythology.