Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 24, 2024, 02:14:46 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Metal/Rock Night on CAB RADIO! READ ME!

Started by Monkeyfucker, September 25, 2008, 12:45:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

November 8th can you attend ?

November 15th
November 15th
RAWK ON BEATCH
Rave music please only thx k pix pls

boki

purlieu

I know it's not 'rock' or 'metal', but would a mix entitled "post-hardcore in the 00s: not just a load of emo bullshit" go down nicely in your show (or its sequal)?  If so, would you like me to make it?

boki

purlieu: Of course it's blummin' rock! Do it.

Monkeyfucker

Wow!!!!

The requests are teaming in! I have a list of over 23 requests, 3 mixes, an offer from confettiinmyhair of a chronological conversion song kit with numerous glaring ommissions (what ever that means). This is so good. Ideally I want more people to take the poll so we can set a night. Ill give the thread until monday or something and review response to the date then.

And the person who voted "your mum", i roll my eyes at you.

Get the funny anonomous clips on the way people. Show CAB radio what youre made of! See top post for details of email and phone message service. Anyting people want to contribute , it's all good.

Now a mix from Purlei! ok, 20 mins Purleiueueueu!

purlieu

Twenty minutes.  I shall get to work!
Send us a PM about when and how you want this mix to be wheeled your way. 

Monkeyfucker

Quote from: purlieu on September 25, 2008, 09:43:34 PM
Twenty minutes.  I shall get to work!
Send us a PM about when and how you want this mix to be wheeled your way. 

Didn't you read my first post :P http://www.cookdandbombd.co.uk/forums/index.php?topic=19366.0

purlieu

I completely forgot.  Oh dear.
For the sake of making this part of the thread slightly worthwhile, what quality do you want it in?

Monkeyfucker

What ever you think? Isnt good quality better?

boki

Quote from: Monkeyfucker on September 25, 2008, 09:40:11 PMAnd the person who voted "your mum", i roll my eyes at you.

Maybe it was someone who wants a day other than the ones you made available ;)

Want another mix, lustycakes?

Artemis

This is a totally excellent idea.

\m/

I will be sending my own request or two in due course, and will be rocking out with the rest of you.

Fuck yeah!

(\m/)

Monkeyfucker

Quote from: boki on September 25, 2008, 10:46:37 PM
Maybe it was someone who wants a day other than the ones you made available ;)

Want another mix, lustycakes?

Whats with the nicknames chicken licken?

yeah add it to the mix. If we get too many,METAL ROCK night two is born! It'll all go in the proverbial heap

Quote from: eluc55 on September 25, 2008, 11:59:52 AM
In a way, Babybird are heavy metal...

Anyone care to use their musical talents and mix Kelvy a Baby bird song with a metal song?!!!? Thats a challenge if ever i heard one

Lee Van Cleef

Man, it's a shame I'm so technologically retarded or I'd be jumping right in with some kind of clip action.

Finally a subject I can talk on with a bit of knowledge and enthusiasm, and still probably end up sounding like an ass.

Monkeyfucker

Quote from: Monkeyfucker on September 25, 2008, 12:45:23 AM
I am looking for clips of your favourite rockers saying what ever - send me them in. Lemmy? Ozzy? You know the type I'm on about. Do you have a good Bruce Dickinson interview?

Do you want to become a rock - metal star of CAB radio, then certainly sir, get a recording and make me a song. Your very own interpretation of rock or metal, be it serious or plain fucking ridiculous.Would you record me your very own metal jingle?  Have you got a controversial opinion about metal you would like to anonomously share? Have you been a lurker for years and now want to breake your skype hymen while drunkenly talking about metal stuff? Have you , like me, for a face for radio? Are you a former rocker forced to blend into society by your ever increasingly nagging wife , yet you secretly listen to Black Sabbath LPs in the attic? Have you anything at all you would like to say on the matter? (Takes best Jeremy Kyle glare & stance )

So,  with input from all you interested/ing verbwhores, this evening shall happen in the next few weeks. AT this stage I am trying to establish who would like to get involved? Ive already got a couple of volunteers.

Anything at all! Please also feel free to leave submissions or comments on Neils voicemail! Yes folks,for the measly price of a local rate call, you can simply pick up the phone , call 02895811976 and leave your very own contribution right on the phone. None of this fucking about with complicated software. You can work a phone, right? Just say "METAL ROCK CAB RADIO" (preferably in a death metal voice) then leave your message, right after that stupid woman with the annoying voice, cause Neil bloody changed it from him.
/m\

Were up to about 5 or 6 mixes now!

PICK UP THE PHONE, DO THINGS WE CAN PLAY ON AIR! I MIGHT HAVE TO DO ONE MYSELF SOON

Lee van cleef, even looking up clips on youtube is contributing . Just search and find stuff. And get a fucking microphone, i expect you all to be skyping in!

Tagger - tell me what folk rock you want played and i will play it ! pm me or email me if you want...... it can be our dirty little secret

Lee Van Cleef

Monkeyfucker

Quote from: Lee Van Cleef on September 25, 2008, 11:29:15 PM
Skype?  Huh?

I'm off to Youtube then.

Skype - msn with voice feature

Click this and download it, Buy head phones for about £8 and bobs your uncle,  well take care of the rest

http://www.skype.com/intl/en-gb/download/skype/windows/downloading/ 

Old Thrashbarg

Make it a regular (or semi-regular) thing and I'll toss a couple of mixes into the erm... mix? as well.

Monkeyfucker

Quote from: Old Thrashbarg on September 26, 2008, 12:19:57 AM
Make it a regular (or semi-regular) thing and I'll toss a couple of mixes into the erm... mix? as well.

Deal!

Monkeyfucker

Taggers all your requests are taken. Message me for gods sake with names etc! Song linkies !

GT sounding a little strange talking about metal night and cotton

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=664HIFP6

Monkeyfucker

Still need more votes on the day! Come on. Say something. Dont go all shy on me now.
Any more requsts or suggestions or links? Any voicemails Neil?

purlieu

I go out on Saturday nights so Thursday is good for me.

Claude the Racecar Driving Rockstar Super Sleuth

Vitalstatistix

Sovereign

I've been away from the internet for the last few days, but I'd just like to say this is best idea ever and thank you to monkeyfucker for putting it all togethers. It's been a long time coming. Hopefully we'll get a big turnout for this.

I'm doing the mix mentioned earlier the guide to contemporary metal for those who can be arsed to listen, just waiting on a mic from a friend of mine then I'm up and running.

because I live in a world of mullets and vinyl, and music technology scares me as much as Miles Davis, I may need assistance in using the mixing software Audacity, if I need a helping hand are there any willing volunteers who can guide me through any problems I may have? Thanks in advance.

\m/

purlieu

Got my tracklist sorted.  Do you want introductions to songs and speaking, or just the songs as a mix?

Murdo

This sounds like a great idea. I've decided to get off my arse and put together a 30min mix but haven't decided whether to go for stoner rock, industrial metal or death metal.

I orignally voted for a Saturday night but a Thursday is probably better as this is the last Saturday night I'm going to be in for a while.

trench

I'm currently sorting out my track listing, kind of an autobiographical thing (if that makes sense) going on, as I can think of no other way to string it together. I'm still saying Saturday.

Monkeyfucker

Quote from: purlieu on September 27, 2008, 06:17:54 PM
Got my tracklist sorted.  Do you want introductions to songs and speaking, or just the songs as a mix?

SPEAK SPEAK! ! ! ! ! ! I really want to get new people involved in the radio. Speak, show us what you're made of NOW!!!!!!!!!

totally overwhelmed by the reponse, it's actually rock awesomeness. Definitely creates metal night two already and possibly a third. f

Very much struggling with what day to pick as there is no obvious winner. What to do? Either way someone who wants to listen is going to miss it.

Dont forget you can submit requests by email or phone neils voicemail and lots of other stuff like that.

Monkeyfucker

Quote from: trench on September 28, 2008, 06:50:40 AM
I'm currently sorting out my track listing, kind of an autobiographical thing (if that makes sense) going on, as I can think of no other way to string it together. I'm still saying Saturday.

Woop! What on earth does that mean Trenchy!!???!!!! Autobiographical!???

trench

I'll be putting the songs/genres together in order of when I first became aware of them, you know? Kind of, "At age x I was introduced to band y" type of thing, the truncated soundtrack of my teen years onwards. There may be some stories involved, but I'm thinking autobiographical may have been the wrong word to use, I'm not sure.

Monkeyfucker

Trench that sounds awesome. I totally get what you mean. Get doing.