Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 27, 2024, 02:34:21 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Metal/Rock Night on CAB RADIO! READ ME!

Started by Monkeyfucker, September 25, 2008, 12:45:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

November 8th can you attend ?

November 15th
November 15th
RAWK ON BEATCH
Rave music please only thx k pix pls

sirhenry

Quote from: trench on September 28, 2008, 04:10:40 PM
I'll be putting the songs/genres together in order of when I first became aware of them, you know? Kind of, "At age x I was introduced to band y" type of thing, the truncated soundtrack of my teen years onwards. There may be some stories involved, but I'm thinking autobiographical may have been the wrong word to use, I'm not sure.
Ditto. Mine's mid 70's, when was yours Trench?

trench

I started listening to metal in 1986, but the music in the mix itself may contain one or two pre-'80's tracks.

Artemis

god im so excited about this! very pleased with the work being done.

Laura here , not artemis

Little Hoover

Please do something to incriminate artemis, while you can use his account.

yesitis

i just registered a couple of days and i've been digging the radio. i might introduce myself by leaving a voicemail about the time an old man drugged me and tried to molest me at an ozzy show if i can think of any way to make the story more interesting than saying "an old man drugged me and tried to molest me at an ozzy show."

Al Tha Funkee Homosapien

You could say that the old man was Peter Shilton and he was wearing his 125th England cap in honour of the occasion.

sirhenry

I don't know if this lot have been mentioned yet, but any metal track named after a 19th century Russian novel by Lermontov about predestination can't be all bad... can it?
[youtube=425,350]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mbfo7fpGYvo[/youtube]

Careful of that oscilloscope, Eugene. (plugging it in might help, though)

Unfortunately their early videos don't seem to be around any more; the ones before they learned to walk and play guitar at the same time. Their site used to have several live videos of them tripping over leads, mic stands, their feet and each other. Great fun.

thugler

Quote from: sirhenry on September 29, 2008, 12:15:12 PM
I don't know if this lot have been mentioned yet, but any metal track named after a 19th century Russian novel by Lermontov about predestination can't be all bad... can it?

Careful of that oscilloscope, Eugene. (plugging it in might help, though)

Unfortunately their early videos don't seem to be around any more; the ones before they learned to walk and play guitar at the same time. Their site used to have several live videos of them tripping over leads, mic stands, their feet and each other. Great fun.

Just say no to dragonforce. The joke band that wont end.

Clone Army

Quote from: thugler on September 29, 2008, 12:54:07 PM
Just say no to dragonforce. The joke band that wont end.

I saw the, quote: "fastest band on Earth" in Leeds once and they elected to bring a powerful fan to put front-center stage and blow their hair back majestically.

Got to appreciate that kind of dedication.

Monkeyfucker

great input! Keep voting on the day , not enough votes yet

Anon taggers, message me requests, not tags!

sirhenry

There don't seem to be any requests for tracks about/with wanking yet, so how's about Buckethead's Who Me?

Claude the Racecar Driving Rockstar Super Sleuth

Everyone who voted for the comedy options, obviously meant to say Thursday.

Incidentally, I'll be out on Saturday.

dmillburn

Can we have some late 80's/early 90's UK thrash? Reanimator, D.A.M., Ignorance, Toranaga, Acid Reign, Slammer, early Onslaught etc. 

Marvin

Melvins please. Oh and on a rockbutnotmetal note, Shellac.

NoSleep

What? No mention of The Stooges yet?

The Stooges!!!

also Iggy & The Stooges (to include Raw Power).

Marvin

Marvin

Phil_A

I'll have some Queens Of The Stone Age, please!
http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=YnyRUzgqj7k

Throw in some At The Drive-In while you're at it:
http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=TpdZMuDFEt0

Monkeyfucker

Great stuff people keep it coming. I need to file this, im falling behind

still struggling settling on a date as clearly theres no obvious day which is better

Arg!

Claude the Racecar Driving Rockstar Super Sleuth

It's a good thing you specified only some of Dopesmoker. I don't think the show could fit the whole thing.

easytarget

Monkeyfucker

Ok people are asking and asking when this is going to be?! Im going to try to decide tonight and let you all know.

To show i have been doing work for this, heres the culmination of FANTASTIC efforts so far. If the song or mix is in bold it means i have it. If not, well, i dont yet. Do pm me upload links or lauralaffs@gmail.com

Requests

Clone Army       Sabaton       Prima Victoria
Claude          Dethklok       Duncan hills coffee
Spiteface               Smashing Pumpkins    Superchrist

The Everlasting gaze
Cowardly tagger      Napalm death    You suffer   
Micanio               Gojira      TO Sirius
             Slayer       Raining blood
Old thrashbarg       Killswitch Engage    My last serenade - Sons of man
            Deadly sinners = off 3 inches of blood advance , & vanquish albumn
Ladyday              Kyuss          
Niat                  Dillinger escape plan    43 & burnt
                 Faith no more    caffiene
                 Fishbone       Sunless saturday
Thugler           Clutch       The elephant riders
Lee Van cleef       Burst         Where the wave broke
                 Nasum         Fury
Eluc 55         babybird
Vital statistix      Mammoth volume  -   A Single Book of Songs, particularly "Brave Manic Mover", "What Happened in Antioch?" or "To Gloria
Gradual Decline        Godflesh       
Boki              Iron Maiden argument               
Al tha funkee homosapian Suffocation, Morbid Angel, Cynic or Obituary please!
Purlieu         Botch and Norma Jean
Artemis         Rockbitch
                 My ruin
                 Skunk Anansie
Tagger         Nuclear Assault & Lawnmower death
tagger          Lawnmower deth
Neil         Sensational Alex Harvey Band - St. Anthony to the request list for me, one of the hardest rocking songs EVER \m/   
Docdaneeka       Bal Sagoth
Trench          Posession - Doomriders
                 Am I Evil

Cardinal tit storm    bruce dickinson - the alchemist     
                 anthrax amongst the living    The John Bush version from The Greater Of Two Evils album.
Tagger               eNTOMBED OUT OF HAND
Sirhenry           Dragonforce heroes of our time   
Sirhenry               buckethead - whos me?
Dmillburn               late 80's/early 90's UK thrash? Reanimator, D.A.M., Ignorance, Toranaga, Acid Reign, Slammer, early Onslaught etc.
marvin               Melvins please. Oh and on a rockbutnotmetal note, Shellac.    And The Birthday Party
nosleep                    The Stooges!!! also Iggy & The Stooges (to include Raw Power
phil a                qotsa no one knows
blimkin           om at giza   
                 sleep - dope smoker

Mixes

Sovereign
Sirhenry
Confettiinmyhair

Trench
Boki
Purleiu
Gradual decline
Murdo

Future mixes
old thrashbarg
Cardinal tit storm

Sorry that looks a total fucking mess, but ive typed it and lined it up perfect! grr etc

Sovereign

Quote from: Sovereign on September 27, 2008, 11:52:03 AM

because I live in a world of mullets and vinyl, and music technology scares me as much as Miles Davis, I may need assistance in using the mixing software Audacity, if I need a helping hand are there any willing volunteers who can guide me through any problems I may have? Thanks in advance.

\m/

I'm gonna have a full day on Audacity tomorrow, and hopefully try and get my mix mixed and finished, so I'd like to ask again if anyone would be willing to help me with getting it sorted. I'll post a tracklist up shortly, so I can show what I'm trying to achieve with the mix.

Monkeyfucker

Thats great work sovereign. Ill see if I can find a how to online or if someone wants to help? That would be great .

By the way, this anthrax song is fucking amazing! Good work CTS

Sovereign

Thanks monkeyfucker, much obliged.

I've also got a Tony Iommi interview from the seventies sometime that you might be interested in, I've not had chance to listen to it yet, but I'll send it your way if you like?

micanio

Does this help Sov??
http://audacity.sourceforge.net/manual-1.2/tutorials.html

I've emailed you some more tunes Laura - the Gojira one, Colony of Birchmen by Mastadon and Stinkfist by Tool.

Enjoy....

Monkeyfucker

Sovereign, yes! send it send it!

Micanio, just waiting for that to come through, good work thanks! Cheers for hoking that link out, you beat me to it.

The Plaque Goblin