Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 11:21:54 AM

Login with username, password and session length

A squillion dollars ...

Started by Nearly Annually, April 23, 2004, 05:45:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nearly Annually

... to anyone who can and will convert the Realplayer stuff linked by Jim in this post
to Mediaplayer formats for me.

No, really, I'll do anything.

Anything.

Rats

I tried converting one of the videos with a few programs but the results are awfull, the audio ends halfway through because the framerate isn't constant in real media so the video just runs really slow. I did try, maybe someone with bigger balls can help you out.

http://bak.spc.org/abc/video/

Nearly Annually

Quote from: "Rats"I did try, maybe someone with bigger balls can help you out.
If such a creature exists. Ah well. Blues. Appreciate your trying, Ratters :-(

JesusAndYourBush

Re-encoding a video won't make it better.  Remember the phrase "you can't polish a turd."
If you don't wanna use the dreaded overbloated realplayer/realone then get the realaudio/video plugin for winamp, then make sure you have realplayer/realone installed on your system as the plugin needs to access it's codecs, then you can play real files in winamp cleanly without screwing your resources over and never need to actually open realplayer again.

fanny splendid

What exactly are you after, Yearly?

In the other thread you ask for mp3s, and they would be easy to arrange. It should also be easy enough to get the real audio files from the web using an appropriate program; Streamdown, for example.

Is there not a PC program to convert real media to something else?

So are you after mp3, .avi, or both?

(i can do you the mp3)

Rats

You can save the videos directly from that site, just right click and save target as on the big ones.

Nearly Annually

Quote from: "fanny splendid"So are you after mp3, .avi, or both?

(i can do you the mp3)
I just want the ras converted to mp3s and if possible the rams to mpegs or avis. I suppose if that's impossible audio only would be better than nowt. I suppose. Even when I download the files themselves off Rats' helpfully linked index page, my bloody Realtwatplayer goes off looking for things it can't get. Fume. I just ain't got the time presently.

And a glass of individually squeezed cranberry juice, while you're there.

fanny splendid

Here be your individually squeezed cranberry juice

I have managed to turn the Susanah video from a 1Mb .rm file into a, wait for it, 340Mb .avi file.

That's a bit big, innit?

I shall try again...

fanny splendid

Okay, here is a 5.5Mb version. It won't play on my Mac, but maybe it'll play on someone's Pc?

Do let me know.

Nearly Annually

Audio only.

And this juice is a bit, um, pussy. I suppose that's how you spell it.

fanny splendid