Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 5,584,340
  • Total Topics: 106,754
  • Online Today: 1,132
  • Online Ever: 3,311
  • (July 08, 2021, 03:14:41 AM)
Users Online
Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 26, 2024, 02:20:12 AM

Login with username, password and session length

What's for dinner?

Started by The Masked Unit, October 08, 2008, 12:45:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Masked Unit

I just had a delicious Hommity pie bought from the local farmers' market. Can't say I've ever eaten a Hommity pie before, but am now considering bringing them into my regular rotation.

What are my fellow 'whores having for their breakfast/lunch/dinner/supper today?

Edit: This will either become a 300 page monster or disappear by tea time.

Blumf

On Sunday night we had some nice sausages from an award winning butchers in Wolverhampton. Pork, leak and Stilton, lovely.

Jemble Fred

Snackajacks. Salt & Vinegar Snacka-cunting-jacks. Always.

The Masked Unit

Jemble Fred

Quote from: The Masked Unit on October 08, 2008, 12:56:48 PM
As your whole lunch?

No, I'm being disingenuous. I also have a plum, and a Go Ahead apple & sultana cardboard slice.

no_offenc

I had a bagel.  I experimented with what I put on it and now realise that sliced gherkin and sliced yellow pepper DO NOT MIX.  Furghhh.  That's my whole afternoon dedicated to feeling slightly nauseous now.

koeman

mook

Leftover roast chicken, cooked in chicken stock with toulouse sausages, aduki beans, white kidney beans, black eyed beans with braised celery hearts, carrots, onions, potatos and cavelo nero. Cheap as fuck with the adding benefit of giving whoever consumes it the most fantastical farts ever.

The Widow of Brid

boxofslice

Leftover spag bol from last night heated up in microwave. I'm now enjoying a packet of Porky's pork scratchings. Not to everyones taste I know but i like the crunchy salty taste.

Ginyard

Quote from: mook on October 08, 2008, 01:20:53 PM
Leftover roast chicken, cooked in chicken stock with toulouse sausages, aduki beans, white kidney beans, black eyed beans with braised celery hearts, carrots, onions, potatos and cavelo nero.

I'm having toad-in-the-hole.

Neville Chamberlain

I had a braise of poulard de mouton, which was lightly saisoné with legumes d'escargot, which were percolés with vol-aux-vents of dashed poivres à l'herbe, a poincé of boeuf au fromage, all rounded off with rognons de faisane, which were lightly battu in vent du cul.

Quote from: Neville Chamberlain on October 08, 2008, 03:48:26 PM
I had a braise of poulard de mouton, which was lightly saisoné with legumes d'escargot, which were percolés with vol-aux-vents of dashed poivres à l'herbe, a poincé of boeuf au fromage, all rounded off with rognons de faisane, which were lightly battu in vent du cul.

A man after my own heart.

mothman

Quote from: Neville Chamberlain on October 08, 2008, 12:59:16 PM
Fish pie!

You bastard!

I'm thinking of maybe making a curry tonight. Got a shitload of fresh coraindfer needs using, and a fair few green chillis too, so might rustle up some Thai green curry paste. Oh, wait, bugger - no lemon grass. Hmm.

mook

Quote from: Ginyard on October 08, 2008, 03:40:35 PM
I'm having toad-in-the-hole.

I'm having that on friday, with a shedload of onion gravy* naturally. I've cooked some right wanky concoctions in my time, mainly just to see if I could and not because I thought I'd enjoy it which is a shame. Food should be easy, and if you keep it simple it is.

*with juniper berries, they give the pork a right good old lift.

Ginyard

Quote from: aaaaaaaaaargh! on October 08, 2008, 03:52:34 PM
A man after my own heart.

Actually, I'm after your heart for tomorrow's dinner.

Ginyard

Quote from: mook on October 08, 2008, 04:00:47 PM
I'm having that on friday, with a shedload of onion gravy*
*with juniper berries, they give the pork a right good old lift.

I don't somehow think you'd be impressed with my fake toad-in-the-hole, which consists of (previously frozen) yorkshire puddings with a sausage wedged between them.

koeman

Quote from: Ginyard on October 08, 2008, 04:01:43 PM
Actually, I'm after your heart for tomorrow's dinner.

Have you read about the first Mr Gay UK, who cooked his lover? He'd recommend a nicely seasoned piece of thigh.

El Unicornio, mang

I'm having egg salad sandwiches for lunch, then spicy chicken Fajita's for dinner. Then I will probably need to have a "sit down".

Little Hoover

I had a bacon sandwhich for lunch today! and it was a good one even by bacon sandwhich standards.

turnstyle

My mum always said that the way to a mans heart is through his stomach.

Her medical tribunal is set for the 18th.

Caroline

Thyme and oat crusted chicken escalope with angel hair pasta, courgettes and a creamy lemon garlic sauce. With some dressed leaves on the side.

The Widow of Brid

I've spent today making pasta sauce, lamb stew, chicken curry, bubble and squeak, veg soup, jerk chicken and banana cake.
It's all for the deep freeze though and now I'm knackered and will probably end up having tinned soup for dinner.

buttgammon

Aptly, I've just had gammon.

biggytitbo

Quote from: Jemble Fred on October 08, 2008, 12:53:58 PM
Snackajacks. Salt & Vinegar Snacka-cunting-jacks. Always.

I have Snackajacks for my lunch too. A packet of S 'n' V Snackajacks and a packet of plain crisps. For breakfast I have some dry rice crispies and for tea I have a nice bit of fish or rice.

Marvin

I'm being cooked a fairly decent looking and smelling chilli con carne this evening, I hope so anyway, it's one of those things that everybody can do incredibly averagely and I've had one or two really good ones (my own included, obv.). But the cooker is a professional chef so here's hoping.

Last night I made a butternut squash and coconut curry, which wasn't bad.

actwithoutwords

Tonight I'm having the second instalment of the prawn/broccoli/mushroom/pepper stir fry I made for myself last night. It's great eating something you have cooked yourself, without actually having to do anything other than just microwave it. Unfortunately, in exchange for cooking last night, I have to do the dishes tonight. Prick.

purlieu

Cornish pasty and beans.  All I gots left.  No idea what I'm doing tomorrow eve, I'm skint until Friday.  :(