Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 11:29:26 AM

Login with username, password and session length

What's for dinner?

Started by The Masked Unit, October 08, 2008, 12:45:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MuteBanana

Quote from: Lady Beaner on August 05, 2009, 08:51:17 PM
Waaaaade-a-minute! Mint sauce... and cheese?!

No, Cerys... no!

Mint and dairy work together on another level. Try putting a couple of Polo's in your mouth and taking a swig of milk.

Lady Beaner

Cerys

It'd probably work better if the milk was in chocolate milkshake form.

MuteBanana

To save money I'm going to prepare my lunches for work at home rather than buying things from shops and fast food places.

But I just realised that during the 2 hour period in the evening when I usually eat dinner, I'll be on a train.

Does anyone have any ideas on what I could put together at home that would keep until the evening? I'd like to have a decent meal, even if I have to eat it on the train, but I'm starting to think I'll be eating a sandwich and a bag of crisps.

Joy Nktonga

If you've got access to a microwave at work then you could do your pasta/stew/curry/chunky soup etc to take in and eat at lunchtime and then have the sandwiches on the train home.

mook

CaledonianGonzo

Cobbler Kedgeree!

Kedgeree:  it's not just for breakfast!

Cobbler:  it's not just because smoked cod loin is endangered and too expensive*!

* It is just because smoked cod loin is too expensive.

MuteBanana

My take on an English breakfast. Cooked in the oven, rather than grilled or fried.

Sausages, potatoes, mushrooms, 1/2 beefsteak tomato, baked beans, toast.

I put a thin slice of lemon on top of the tomato and the juices when cooking mix wonderfully. I also add Tabasco sauce and a little diced onion to the baked beans for some bite.

Velvetfinger

Seeing as the cold weather has arrived, courtesy of Taiwan's typhoon, figure it's about time to bust out the nabe. It's essentially a Japanese stew, an absolutely fucking stellar meal in the winter months.

Bit of pork, chicken, tofu, spinach, leek, Japanese cucumber, mushroom. Boil it up, sesame sauce for dipping, then when that's been consumed, throw some udon into the broth.

Oh it's good.

MuteBanana

Defrosted one of my bottles of Spinach and Watercress soup last night, had it for lunch today.

Extra salt and pepper in the saucepan. Lightly toasted bread, buttered, for dunking.  Served in a big mug. Gorgeous.

You should've just put the bottle in the oven and had it straight. You la-di-da salt and pepper ponce.

MojoJojo

Am I the only person, who whenever they see this thread title, want to post the single word reply, "SPAM".

Cerys

MuteBanana

Quote from: The Boston Crab on October 07, 2009, 07:11:30 AM
You should've just put the bottle in the oven and had it straight. You la-di-da salt and pepper ponce.

It was an empty Diet Coke bottle. Really?

I've been eating raw potatoes this week. Grrr.

vx

my ayi just made me a nice duck soup but I must admit, this:
Quote from: MuteBanana on October 04, 2009, 09:20:31 AM
My take on an English breakfast. Cooked in the oven, rather than grilled or fried.

Sausages, potatoes, mushrooms, 1/2 beefsteak tomato, baked beans, toast.

I put a thin slice of lemon on top of the tomato and the juices when cooking mix wonderfully. I also add Tabasco sauce and a little diced onion to the baked beans for some bite.
sounds about a billion times better right now!

I hate not having an oven. I cant even make toast ffs :(