Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 26, 2024, 08:22:42 AM

Login with username, password and session length

What's for dinner?

Started by The Masked Unit, October 08, 2008, 12:45:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

micanio

Salmon and mussel chowder with noodles - mmm lovely

mook

Quote from: The Widow of Brid on October 08, 2008, 04:58:09 PM
I've spent today making pasta sauce, lamb stew, chicken curry, bubble and squeak, veg soup, jerk chicken and banana cake.
It's all for the deep freeze though and now I'm knackered and will probably end up having tinned soup for dinner.

You sound bloody lovely.

Emma Raducanu

I just knocked this up while watching the televison.

Small Man Big Horse

Fry's Orange Cream bar. And chocolate muffins. And biscuits. After the day I've had, I need such comfort food.

boki

I'm having Shanks' Curry - I had two-thirds of a jar of Pataks Korma sauce in the fridge to use up, so I just fried up some LAMB FACKIN' MINCE with chopped peppers and a bit of chilli ('cos Korma's a bit to POOF CANT for my mood today) and slung it all together.

Jemble Fred

Quote from: DolphinFace on October 08, 2008, 07:34:22 PM
I just knocked this up while watching the televison.

That's not food, it's a corporate logo.

chumfatty

Quote from: Blumf on October 08, 2008, 12:49:19 PM
On Sunday night we had some nice sausages from an award winning butchers in Wolverhampton. Pork, leak and Stilton, lovely.

If you want award winning Black Country sausages you should try Bowketts the Butcher, Wolverhampton Rd, Oldbury. Also good pork pies and Carvery meat baguettes.

I had Skinless Chicken breast, grilled tomatoes and mushrooms and salad. (fecking diets)

biggytitbo

I had a horses cock on a spike and a trio for my dinner.

Fry

Quote from: Small Man Big Horse on October 08, 2008, 07:42:41 PM
Fry's Orange Cream bar. And chocolate muffins. And biscuits. After the day I've had, I need such comfort food.
Nothing. 'cause of him.

Jemble Fred

Quote from: chumfatty on October 08, 2008, 08:47:54 PM
If you want award winning Black Country sausages you should try Bowketts the Butcher, Wolverhampton Rd, Oldbury. Also good pork pies and Carvery meat baguettes.

Wow, are they still going? My grandad used to work for them, I remember being with my Mum to meet him from there (or at least the Shropshire branch they must have had) when I was tiny – he'd be over 90 now if he was alive, and 'Bowketts' to me is like something out of 'How We Used To Live'.

I'm only 30, by the way.

hpmons

Im currently eating queijadas finas.  Though I still dont know what they are.

chocky909

Quote from: biggytitbo on October 08, 2008, 08:59:10 PM
I had a horses cock on a spike and a trio for my dinner.

Urgh, Trios! And then you got off the bus aah!

no_offenc

Fried tofu and mixed veg with egg noodles in laksa, apparently.  In a Chinese cafe place in town.  It wasn't AMAZING that but it was quite filling and tasty nonetheless.

Blumf

Quote from: chumfatty on October 08, 2008, 08:47:54 PM

I'll keep them in mind next time I'm in that direction, see if they have any of Jemble's grandfather left over.

For the record it were this place I got the stuff from.

Jemble Fred

I laughed heartily at that, but that may be partly due to the sympathy you've earned by admitting that you eat cheese and urine-based sausages.

chocky909

I thought he'd gotten away with that grammatical howler.

Blumf

er.... Oh I get it!

Bastards!

Anyone where know where I can get panda sausages from?

Emma Raducanu

Quote from: Neville Chamberlain on October 08, 2008, 03:48:26 PM
I had a braise of poulard de mouton, which was lightly saisoné with legumes d'escargot, which were percolés with vol-aux-vents of dashed poivres à l'herbe, a poincé of boeuf au fromage, all rounded off with rognons de faisane, which were lightly battu in vent du cul.

This made me laugh for ten minutes.

Small Man Big Horse

Quote from: Fry on October 08, 2008, 09:06:08 PM
Nothing. 'cause of him.

I know! And it was so nice I'd do it again I tell ya! Again and again!

rudi

My mother appears to have not noticed that I'm no longer an invalid and she's continuing to ply me with awesome stuff. My freezer's full for possibly the first time ever.

I know I should feel slightly foolish considering my age and being back to full mobility, but I must confess I'm rather enjoying it!

So for today I had Salmon fishcakes, mash and rocket salad. Dinner was a kind of beef stew. And I've just eaten an entire block if brie. You know fat cunts? Yeah, hello.

Al Tha Funkee Homosapien

I had pizza. Like I have all the time. I fucking hate the stuff now. Saves me quite a bit of money on food though. Thank you work!

dredd

Had a packet of savoury rice curry I found at the back of the cupboard. Best before February 2001. Was very palatable, considering.

mook

Calves' liver and homecured bacon, potato and celeriac mash, roasted marrow, swiss chard and vichy carrots and a fuckload of onion and madeira Gravy.

I had too many of those fecking beans yesterday, my innards are in utter turmoil.

Neville Chamberlain

Today for lunch, I shall be having a Weckenschnecken with geröstete Badenscheissens.

purlieu

Today's lunch will consist of a ham sandwich, a bag of Quavers and some custard creams, accompanied by a bottle of tap water.
Who needs luxury when you have... er.

mothman

Last night I ended up making a Bombay chicken masala, the leftovers of which I will have in a sandwich for lunch today, along with a Kit-Kat and some cheese & onion Pom Bears (we buy them in bulk, our daughter loves them, it was that or Frazzles). Washed down with Rose's lime cordial.

Think I might be going to Wagamama later.  It's great there.

Lady Beaner

Quote from: trotsky assortment on October 09, 2008, 12:12:06 PM
Think I might be going to Wagamama later.  It's great there.

Ooooh agreed! Chicken Katsu Curry, and some Tori Kare Age! Nom nom.

no_offenc

Leftover chicken chile for lunch today, apparently.  That's heartburn for me later, then.

buttgammon

For lunch, I've just had a tuna and cucumber sandwich that tasted like metal. I thought I was bleeding at first.