Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 5,583,405
  • Total Topics: 106,741
  • Online Today: 916
  • Online Ever: 3,311
  • (July 08, 2021, 03:14:41 AM)
Users Online
Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 25, 2024, 06:52:03 AM

Login with username, password and session length

What's for dinner?

Started by The Masked Unit, October 08, 2008, 12:45:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Widow of Brid

Gaucamole on toast for lunch, and I'm taking Lebanese food over to my mathematician's for dinner this evening.
Oh. It's all go 'round here, I tell you.

mook

Quote from: buttgammon on October 09, 2008, 12:44:02 PM
For lunch, I've just had a tuna and cucumber sandwich that tasted like metal. I thought I was bleeding at first.

You're meant* to take the bugger out the tin first flower, easy mistake for a young'un though.

*did you see that purlieu!?

Quote from: Lady Beaner on October 09, 2008, 12:28:35 PM
Ooooh agreed! Chicken Katsu Curry, and some Tori Kare Age! Nom nom.

I don't eat meat, so I've not had that.  Tell you what though, the veggie equivalent made with sweet potato and aubergines is fucking ace.

buttgammon

Quote from: mook on October 09, 2008, 01:05:22 PM
You're meant* to take the bugger out the tin first flower, easy mistake for a young'un though.

*did you see that purlieu!?

Ah! So that explains the electric shocks I kept getting to my fillings. I thought I had a serrated edge poking through my cheek as well though I thought it might have just been a bit of tuna.

The Masked Unit

Quote from: The Widow of Brid on October 09, 2008, 12:57:51 PM
Gaucamole on toast for lunch, and I'm taking Lebanese food over to my mathematician's for dinner this evening.
Oh. It's all go 'round here, I tell you.

Is having a mathematician like having a doctor or a solicitor? Do you go to him with particularly tricky sums that are keeping you awake at night?

The Widow of Brid

Quote from: The Masked Unit on October 09, 2008, 02:16:08 PM
Is having a mathematician like having a doctor or a solicitor? Do you go to him with particularly tricky sums that are keeping you awake at night?

Yes.

mook

He helps her work it out with a pencil.

Tagger...mook does bad again.

The Widow of Brid

Quote from: The Widow of Brid on October 09, 2008, 03:47:52 PM
A pencil made of cock.

If I ever form a band and we get famous, that's going to be the name of our first album.

mook

Quote from: The Widow of Brid on October 09, 2008, 03:47:52 PM
A pencil made of cock.

Hopefully its got a rubber on the end. Can't be too careful you know.

Edit...How did this thread turn from a lovely, cosy chat about our collective nightly scran into filth? You people sicken me.

It was the mathmatician's fault.  Has he got a letterbox?

The Masked Unit

Quote from: The Widow of Brid on October 09, 2008, 03:08:11 PM
Yes.

I've got a historian like that. People said I was mad to pay him a £1,000 per month retainer just to be able to ask him questions about the events of the past, but you can't put a price on knowledge, can you?

The Widow of Brid

As the mathematician lives in a flat with a shared letterbox and I'd rather not have him evicted and smelling of piss, who'd like a list of delicious Lebanese food? Of course you would.

Mousakaat batinjan - aubergine and chickpeas, cooked with garlic and tomatoes.
Zahra maglia - fried cauliflower with lemon juice and sesame.
Laham bil ajine - bread stuffed with lamb, onion and tomatoes
Kellage Halloumi - flatbread stuffed with cheese
Manaeesh - bread with thyme, sesame seeds and olive oil

serve with a mellow red wine, an early Fairport Convention album and a series of increasingly tiddled middle-aged fumblings. 

mothman

Ahh, bless - TWoB got her end away last night!

Neville Chamberlain

Do ladies "get their end away"? I always associated that phrase with gentlemen.

The Masked Unit

I'm eating several bowls of sultana bran today, in the belief that I can justifiably eat something rather unhealthy tonight.

Neville Chamberlain

You're asking for trouble there. Don't come running to me when your innards fall out of your bottom.

I enjoyed a nice chicken salad baguette purchased from my local Asda Supermarket.

Someone I know was extolling the virtues of giving up bread, this seems to me to be an impossible thing to even consider.

Life without Sandwiches?

Quote from: confettiinmyhair on October 10, 2008, 01:41:54 PM
I enjoyed a nice chicken salad baguette purchased from my local Asda Supermarket.

I went through a period of being addicted to those (and the Tesco's BLT) until I watched that Dispatches where they showed immigrant workers sneezing all over the fillings, wiping their arses on slices of bread and the like. Since then I haven't eaten a single supermarket sandwich :(

yours hungrily,

thehungerartist

Probably better for you.  90% of supermarket sandwiches are salty old crap and full of fuck knows what.

no_offenc

I had a pastrami/boring old iceberg lettuce/red onion on toasted wholemeal today.  Should've made it a bit later on than last night though, the bread went a bit soggy from the lettuce.  Despite the textural disappointment, however, it was rather lovely.

Little Hoover

Someone I know was extolling the virtues of giving up bread, this seems to me to be an impossible thing to even consider.

Life without Sandwiches?

I don't get the logic of giving up bread, and I don't even like bread that much. Since when was bread really unhealthy, you're supposed to have some carbohydrates in a balanced diet. 

Blimpkin

Life without Sandwiches?

Hell NO!  I fucking love bread.  Why only today I stunk out my office with some smoke haddock sandwiches, follwed by a Wispa.  I fucking love Wispas. 

The Widow of Brid

Pub lunch at a local place that does really great food. Roast belly pork with carrots, bubble and squeak and gravy with cider in it. Om nom nom.

Quote from: Little Hoover on October 10, 2008, 03:42:23 PM
I don't get the logic of giving up bread, and I don't even like bread that much. Since when was bread really unhealthy, you're supposed to have some carbohydrates in a balanced diet. 

Bread is pretty much always the first thing I give up if I want to drop a few pounds in short order, and I love bread. It's not massively bad for you, no, but I find personally that there's a whole bunch of lower calorie carbohydrates that will fill me up for longer and generally be a bit healthier so it's a fairly easy sacrifice to make for a while.

Lee Van Cleef

I'm going to cook pasta bolognese.  Because I'm hellishly lazy.

chocky909

Quote from: The Widow of Brid on October 10, 2008, 05:15:20 PM
Bread is pretty much always the first thing I give up if I want to drop a few pounds in short order, and I love bread. It's not massively bad for you, no, but I find personally that there's a whole bunch of lower calorie carbohydrates that will fill me up for longer and generally be a bit healthier so it's a fairly easy sacrifice to make for a while.

With bread and pasta it's all about the GI (Glycemic Index). White bread and pasta releases the energy (and affects your blood sugar levels) very quickly giving you a quick burst making you hungry again sooner. Complex carbs like wholewheat bread, pasta and rice release their energy slowly therefore keeping you satisfied for longer albeit at the expense of an initial 'rush'.

Or something like that.

Little Hoover

I guess it's alright for me, being a "puny little twig" I don't need to worry about my weight much at all, As I just get full really easily, at the same time, I do have to feel the social embarassment of not being able to manage meals, you fatties don't know how easy you have it, I'd love to be able to just let myself go.

chocky909

I wash maself with a rag on a stick.

purlieu

I've just put the oven on for a Morrisons American Style Stuffed Crust Smokey Sausage And Bacon Pizza.
The beer's going to sit heavy tonight.

Ronnie the Raincoat

A humble tuna sandwich on seeded bread.  I nearly shat myself with the excitement of it all.