Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 02:11:25 AM

Login with username, password and session length

The Most Disgusting Thing You Ever Stood Still For

Started by 23 Daves, October 27, 2008, 01:22:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

23 Daves

I witnessed something very revolting at the weekend.  Whilst walking along a street in London, I noticed a very nonchalant looking pigeon confidently pecking at some food in the middle of the road.  Nothing unusual about that, you might think, but it continued to be cocky and content even as the wheels of an approaching Ford vehicle slowly rolled their way towards it.

The next thing I saw was the pigeon's tail going under a very large tyre, then as I averted my gaze I heard a series of crunching and popping noises as the beast went under the wheel, rather like a combination of bubble wrap being set off and some snapping twigs.  Sadly, when I looked up again the car had failed to get the bird's head, so it was twitching and flipping its neck around to try and regain use of its (by now) totally hopeless and blood-splattered body.

I'm sure I don't need to tell you all that this turned my stomach, and also made me feel extremely sorry for the bird (which appeared to die in a matter of seconds, before anyone asks).  It may have been enormously fucking stupid and ridiculously calm in the face of danger, and it may have been for the best that it didn't remain in the pigeon gene pool, but it was still a horrible sight.

It got me thinking about whether I have a weak stomach, though.  I've always considered myself quite able to deal with the harsh facts of nature, but I've seen a few things recently that have made me quite queasy.  So then - have you good people seen anything completely vile recently, and what was your response to it?  Are you calm in the face of the grotesque, or are you one of those people who (for example) spews at the mere sight of somebody with unusual shaped feet?

Shoulders?-Stomach!

I walked by on the other side quite literally when two girls were kicking the shit out of another girls head with their heels. Any responsible person would've waded in and broken it up but I couldn't. Plus I wasn't the only one, there were dozens of other onlookers who seemed to reduce their outrage into this rather unpleasant group apathy for the whole affair.

Then there were the others shouting "Fight, fight!" etc etc.

There's nothing like witnessing unvarnished brutality to another human being to make your heart wretch with fury and pain.

Schlippy

I grew up in a rural agricultural community, the type where nothing happens for most of the year then every so often you have articulated lorries bombing around all hours of the day and night carrying sugar beet / grain / whatever. My dad was driving me home from the pub a few miles away one Friday night when we saw something moving in the road ahead, like a bin bag flapping in the breeze or something. On getting closer we see it's actually a dog, that had had its back legs literally ground into the road. The torso and front legs were thrashing about, making these sort of empty-washing-up-liquid-bottle yelps and screams. Couldn't believe it when I saw it, dad dropped me off then went back out to put the poor bastard out of its misery.

I mention the lorries and shit first because I just can't imagine how a car could do something like that - I guess a lorry driver seeing the dog in the road, slamming the brakes on and then basically skidding/sliding over the poor fucker is the only way that could have happened. This is just turning into "grossest things involving animals", isn't it?

steve98

Off topic a bit:
There's a "nature shock" doc this week about a dead, 50 tonne sperm whale that was being transported along a city street in Taiwan to be dumped, when it exploded, showering cars and pedestrians with gunk.
Just imagine, you're jauntily skipping along without a care in the world when suddenly you're drenched in decomposing whale.

Caroline

When I was about 12 my mum was driving me home from a friend's house along quite a dark country lane. As we turned a bend we saw a deer in the road, on the other side from us. It was sort of lying down, so probably had a broken leg, either from a ditch either side of the road or from being clipped by a car. Anyway, as a car came round another bend too fast, the driver wasn't able to stop in time so just went straight in the deer and its head came off and stuff, it was pretty horrible. I kind of shut my eyes as it was happening, so I think I imagine it slightly worse than what actually happened.

mook

Quote from: steve98 on October 27, 2008, 01:40:32 PM
Off topic a bit:
There's a "nature shock" doc this week about a dead, 50 tonne sperm whale that was being transported along a city street in Taiwan to be dumped, when it exploded, showering cars and pedestrians with gunk.
Just imagine, you're jauntily skipping along without a care in the world when suddenly you're drenched in decomposing whale.

Spoiler alert
[close]
MUCKY!

This was doing the rounds years back. I hope its the same whale, I can't imagine people making this same mistake more than once surely.

Again, possibly a bit off topic as I didn't see the incident happen at the time...

I saw the aftermath of a person's suicide which took place outside my office (I started a thread about it somewhere on here).  A man jumped off the top of the building opposite my office and landed on a bus.  He didn't die straight away and was being treated (I think) by paramedics on top of the bus for two hours.  I had never really thought about the amount of blood that a human body contained before until I saw the blood dripping down the side of the bus and collecting in puddles on the road and pavement.

I had to leave work early that day as I had to go to hospital for an operation so I walked by the scene of the incident.  Queen Victoria Street had been closed off to traffic, as had the pavement on the side of the road where the bus had stopped - there was police "do not cross" style tape everywhere - but I was able to use the pavement on the other side of the road which must have been ten metres away from the bus at the absolute maximum.  The amount of blood was just incredible and it's a sight I won't forget in a hurry.

edit - here it is:

http://www.cookdandbombd.co.uk/forums/index.php?topic=14886.0

bennett

I used to live in the country and once witnessed something fly up from under the range rover that was about 20 metres in front of me.  Slowing as I drove nearer I realised it was a rabbit.  It was rolling all over the (completely empty) road in this weird death spasm.  I pulled over and stopped.  After watching for about 2 minutes it started to lurch towards the side of the road making this horrible high pitched keaning sound, obviously fucked.  I got out the car, and not spotting anything else that would work, took the carjack out of my boot and caved in its skull to put it out of it's misery.  It took about four hits because of the incredibly unwieldy shape of the jack and I felt really guilty for causing it more pain with the first glancing blows.   

Once on the way to school my friends and I watched a pigeon flap its wings while scavenging on the ground between rails, hitting the electric rail and being unceremoniously electrocuted.  I say watched it, we heard a pop and a crack and ran over to watch it's smoking corpse spasm a bit.   

It's a weird feeling, putting an animal out of its misery.

I accidentally lawn-mowered a frog over the summer, leaving its legs broken, and the bones sticking out. It was writhing around upside down until I decapitated it with a kitchen knife. Then I put it on the compost heap.

It didn't bother me, cos it's just a frog, and I think I did the right thing, but I thought about it for a few days afterwards. The power of life and death.

mook

Frog is meat dammit! You can't stick a dead frog on a compost heap. You've just done fucked up a whole mess of compost there boy. Hell, you'll be telling me next you be fixing to drop a snapping turtle you snagged from the creek on that there pile! Damn. You just sent next autum's pumkins to hell and back. Sheeiiiit!