Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 18, 2024, 06:10:28 AM

Login with username, password and session length

out of body experiences: how to have them and what to expect:

Started by 9, April 25, 2004, 10:49:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Otherwise known as astral projection, but not to be mistaken with lucid dreaming. Here's a book on it in pdf format in case anyone's interested.

right click save as: http://www.hermetics.org/pdf/Robert_Peterson_-_Out_of_Body_Experiences.pdf

I just read the first half and am going to give it a go this minute. Seems like as good a way as any of wasting my time. Plus it involves lying very still and drifting in and out of consciousness. Bonus! i'll let you whores know if anything of note happens...

anyone had any interesting experiences with this?

Elliot

Its been 2 days since we last heard from you...........

WAKE UP!!

Narshty

I once had a bout of hypnotherapy to make me work harder. It's a very strange and enjoyable experience, but was so relaxing, it only encouraged further laziness.

Bilko

I wouldn't go doing that while your driving, useless you want to hover out of your car and miss the traffic jams and laughing at the poor saps below as you dirft above them.

MojoJojo

Any result? Have you managed to get a peek inside the ladies changing rooms?

hencole

I've had a  few Out of body experiences or OBE's. Always these happen as a result of my sleep paralysis and I use it as a way of getting out of the parylitic state. Whilst parlysed (and I have to pretty calm to pull iit off) I just imagine myself twisting out of my body. It's a very interesting experience, but very hard to maintain for long before I either start lucid dreaming, waking up or ending up paralysed again.

The trouble is there is so much rubbish talked about astral nonsense and paranormal stuff I give up trying to research it. For every one sane scientific explanation on the net there are 100 crazy ones.

Purple Tentacle

Quote from: "hencole"(and I have to pretty calm to pull iit off).....The trouble is there is so much rubbish talked about astral nonsense and paranormal stuff I give up trying to research it. For every one sane scientific explanation on the net there are 100 crazy ones.

Don't doctors winch you up out of the bed to give the impression of floating?

Ha ha ha ha, you said "pull it off."

Worst. Post.Ever.

Shade

Jet Set Willy

I had the kind of dreams last night that I would choose to have every night!

They were rude!

But all day I've been feeling really depressed, which really isn't me.

I guess it's hormones or something.

Anyway, this is almost entirely unrelated to this thread.

Would erotic dreams be a usual aim of this kind of venture?

Crazy Penis

Quote from: "Purple Tentacle"
Ha ha ha ha, you said "pull it off."

Worst. Post.Ever.

But it made me giggle a bit.

No experience of OBE's but I've had the occaisonal occaison when I've jumped out of my skin (no pun intended) because for a split second I had thought I was falling.

Jet Set Willy

Actually I have had an out of body experience. It wasn't very pleasant though.

During my first ever whitey (in the woods) I saw myself from above. I think it was god's way of telling me to be ashamed of myself.

Capuchin

mmm, my first experiment was very unsuccessful. I just fell asleep! But i think the 'mind loosening exercises' i did before i accidentaly nodded off really helped release tension because i had one of the best night's kip i've had in ages. I shall resume my experiment tonight though. wish me luck!

Mr Flunchy

Is there anything we could set up to help you prove it?  A message on one of our walls for example?

What kind of message? "Get the fuck away from my walls you disembodied bastard?"

I think i'll need to get the basics down before i attempt a fancy stunt like that...

Quote from: "9"What kind of message?

Well strangely enough, 9,  the chap living two doors down from me has your name engraved on his door. Will that be any use to your experiment?

Quote from: "Capuchin"Carved? Fancy that.

Not really no, I'm happy with the brass one I have.

hencole

I'll try tonight and have one intentionally. Never tried before, but recently I've found as I drift of too sleep that I'm able to almost see my bedroom even though my eyes are closed. I'll let you know well it failed to work.