Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 08:38:25 PM

Login with username, password and session length

The last film you watched

Started by wherearethespoons, November 10, 2008, 01:39:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

vx

Chocolate
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1183252/

(2008 but new to me...) superb thai action flick from the director of Ong-Bak this time with a female lead, the phenomenal Jeeja Yanin, autistic girl seeks payment (in the form of major ass-kicking!) from the debtors of her terminally ill ex-gangster momma. bonus: gun-weilding gang of thai transexual queens. I couldnt make this shit up... A++++

Famous Mortimer

My Life In Ruins
Via in-flight entertainment. So slight, it almost blows away - you know exactly how it's going to end, and could pretty much map out the plot in the first five minutes. There are maybe 2 good moments in this, and lots of awful ones, but it's hard to criticise it too much as it barely appeared. A pretty spectacular box-office failure, apparently, so good news for lovers of good cinema.

Oh, and Nia Vardalos reminds me of Jennifer Aniston with no charisma or sense of humour.

Neil

This overlaps with Films 2009, try and start more new dedicated threads about particular movies please.  I may also start a movie sub-forum, we'll see how things go.