Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 12:35:25 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Sport Billy

Started by polynominalhedphuq, February 05, 2004, 11:03:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic
Does anyone remember a cartoon from the 80's called Sport Billy, this started a huge arguement last night because I was the only one that could remember it and it led to statements  along the lines of i'm making it up and its the beer giving you delusions. I must know if it does indeed exist, I think it was French or Canadian. Any help in this matter would make me a happy chap because i'm starting to wonder if anything I watched in my childhood was real or if its just a result of mind altering drugs put in the water by the government.

Jonny Jonny Butter Fiend

I remember Sports Billy, wasn't the bag he carried (as seen in the pic above) magic, he used to be able to pull all sorts of weird and wonderful stuff out of that??? If I'm not mistaken, and I ususally am, but our video shop that's been around since the year dot has got a video of sports billy. I know they used to have one of the Little Green Man.

God bless you all. I do remember that he was a "hero from another planet"

weekender

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&q=%22sport+billy%22

Yes, I remember it.  My main memory of the show is Sports Billy winning over the evil sport cheats who do things like try and dive to win a penalty.  My main recollection of Googling for it was that it was a fucking travesty of a program which tried to teach children to play sports fairly, without mentioning the fact that if you cheat and get away with it, you could win the game.

It would have been much better if Sports Billy was a cheating cunt with the motto: 'It matters not how you play the game, but whether you win or lose', followed by a program where Sports Billy bribes the referee and gets away with smashing his opponent in the eye with a spear when the referee is distracted by a four-leafed clover, which later turns out to be a fake which was been planted there by Sports Billy's manager.

El Unicornio, mang

I loved Sport Billy, but it always annoyed me that none of my mates could remember it. It wasn't until I saw a post about it on here a while back that I could sleep soundly at night, safe in the knowledge that it wasn't just my memory playing nasty tricks on me.

While we're on the subject of old kids tv shows:

jutl

If anyone's looking for any adhesivos tridimensionales plasticos de Sport Billy then take a look at these I found in the google cache.

Doctor Stamen

All I remember about it was his magic bag (he'd take out a little car and it would turn into a real one) and that 'Sport Billy' advert hoardings were placed around the pitch at all the games during the 1986 World Cup in Mexico.

Christ knows why.

Bill Oddie

Isn't it ironic that a cartoon featuring a Billy created on the continent is anti-sports cheaters and a cartoon in the Beano with a person of the same name ends up as the common slang for amphetamines?

terminallyrelaxed

This used to be one of my favourites. He used to pull anything out of that bag, skis, balls, parachutes, anything. I really, really wanted that bag. There was no mention of what else you could pull out of that bag....
Or was it the case that he or the bag could just miniturise things, and then when he pulled them out they grew back to normal size?
I hope not. I don't know how I'd talk the playmates into the bag. And would the ice cream melt?

The Plaque Goblin

This is a leather billy:

Rubbish Monkey

Quote from: "The Plaque Goblin"This is a leather billy:

And you know this because????

i bet you have a gimp mask don't you?

I'm scared of you.

The Plaque Goblin

It's not a sex thing, it's a weapon.

Marcus Or Relius

Quote from: "The Unicorn"

While we're on the subject of old kids tv shows:

Whist we're on the subject of cockles...

Those cocklers would be alive today if it wasn't for Cockle Shell bay! There should be a law etc etc