Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 10:18:50 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Do you believe in the things that you pimp?

Started by Bert, February 05, 2004, 11:45:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

thomasina

i work for a charity and love it.  And its not even the kinfd of charity where you think 'well if we didn't do it, the government would have to do something', because i'm absolutely sure that they would just let our people rot.  

My other jobs were: Selling tickets and calling numbers in a bingo hall.  Counter clerk in a betting shop.  Selling advertising for a local paper.  I enjoyed them all, but it was a case of having to find things to like about them some of the time.  I did believe in advertising when i selling it, in the limited sense that I believed that a club that advertised in my paper would get more punters than one that didn't.  But Inever believed in it in the sense that it matters a toss to the world which club people go to.

wasp_f15ting

Funny this thread should pop up... today at work the overweight boss had a go at the whole team for not meeting targets and doing anything with the amazing data his company had colated for him. Its easy to blame him and say "argh sales is shit no point in being enthused in doing it" But I do think that people we call up could be helped, most of them however are cynical about some cunt like myself ringing them up and asking about their mortgage.

Never the less I bagged me 3 in 3 days, whilst people who have been there for weeks have got 1 or 2.. I used the bank of England's, interest rate hike to persuade my "catch" today. I am going to quit this job soon though.. it is some boring senile shit that takes people's softness and wants to make money off it, i.e. the "would you like to release equity and gain more money for home imporvements" malarchy.

A warning to people who think sales is easy... its not. Its fucking horrid. I found inbound so much easier,  people who wanted you, instead of the other way around :p i'll probably stick with it for another week or two, so i'll have my pocket money sorted for India, but other than i'd be an idiot to stay longer its draining mind numbing crap. I have come home now with tons of essays and case studies to study and I really cannnae be arsed.

Sam

I am lucky enough to work in a job I enjoy (Only part-time, I'm a student).
I work in a classical music CD shop and it's mostly brilliant. Of course people come in and want the latest cross-over shite which I am obliged to sell but it's always nice when someone comes in wanting a piece/composer that I really love. I can talk their ea\r off about the piece, the best versions etc and really believe what I am selling.

twatloops

There's a chap on QVC who WHATEVER the product will say "Now I actually have one of these and I have to say they're great".

gimp.

Capuchin

I work in HMV selling films and if I'm asked what a crap film is like I'll happily tell you it's crap.
I believe in what I sell. Except the Goodfellas flipper disc, wait for the special edition!

sproggy

Quote from: "wasp_f15ting"...I used the bank of England's, interest rate hike to persuade my "catch" today. I am going to quit this job soon though...

Good idea waspy.  Cut and run before you get nabbed for misselling.