Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 04:28:47 PM

Login with username, password and session length

[tedious request thread] man bites dog (film)

Started by Cack Hen, December 11, 2008, 07:33:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cack Hen

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Man-Bites-Dog-Beno%C3%AEt-Poelvoorde/dp/B00004Y3OS/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=dvd&qid=1229023623&sr=8-1

ok, do any of you lot own this on DVD? and if so, can you turn off the english subtitles? i ask because i want to use a scene in it for a university project, but the scene i want has some subtitles in it which would ruin it.

my second question (favour) would be, would anybody be so kind as to rip the scene in question in reasonably high quality (it's about one minute long) and upload it for me. i would love you forever and ever and ever and ever and ever.

i should probably mention which scene it is. it's the one directly after the guy shoots that man at the dinner table and then his goons wrap up the body in a blanket and start digging around for a shallow grave in a sort of clay sea of skeletons and rotting bodies. that's the one i want.

Ignatius_S

I don't have a copy of it, but see that the only subtitles are English ones - just tried two similar DVDs, one you could disable and one you couldn't, so not much help.

I was thinking about getting this as they've got it fairly cheap in Fopp, Tatan have gone bust - and just as an excuse to throw this in - my interview with one of the directors was the first one published in the UK.

Cack Hen

the only subtitles do seem to be english, but i can't find out if you can disable them. HMV are selling the DVD for £7.99, but before i commit to that i really do need to know if you can disable the subtitles.

or as i said, even better would be if some very kind person could rip the scene in question for me. that would be amazing.

Santa's Boyfriend

You could always search for a torrent, they usually have separate subtitle files.

sirhenry

Quote from: Cack Hen on December 11, 2008, 07:33:50 PM
ok, do any of you lot own this on DVD? and if so, can you turn off the english subtitles?
Could you not copy it to your hard drive and then delete the subtitle files, or are they actually on the print of the movie?

I vaguely remember that you're on a mac now? If so, then get ffmpegx, a piece of freeware that should let you do the trick.

yesitis

no. according to dvdcompare, the tartan dvd has forced subtitles.

i've got the region 1 criterion version. that one has removable subs.

Cack Hen