Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 06:29:21 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Words that sound like nails on a chalkboard

Started by steevbishop, February 05, 2004, 12:24:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JesusAndYourBush

Quote from: "Smackhead Kangaroo"General mispronunciations do irritate me immensely
Ian Collins on Talksport pronounces pronunciation as proNOUNciation.  It'd be funny if it was a gag, but it isn't, he's serious!

Tokyo Sexwhale

steevbishop

Quote from: "MonkeyDrummer"In the Boots round the corner from my work the girls never stops asking me if i have a boots's card.

As in Bootzizz? Yeah, that one sucks. It's the verbal equivalent of people pluralising with apostrophies.

In fact, I think any time I hear someone mispronounce or use poor grammar in the future, I will whip out a big red marker and draw a large cross over their face.

The Bejesus

Quote from: "JesusAndYourBush"Ian Collins on Talksport pronounces pronunciation as proNOUNciation.  It'd be funny if it was a gag, but it isn't, he's serious!

If we start talking about pronunciation on Talksport we'll be here all night.  I enjoy the way Mike Parry tries to suggest he is more intelligent than his listeners by pronouncing any foreign country, name, footy player in an entirely obscure and incorrect manner.

What do you mean you want examples?!  Don't be silly.  If you know, you know.

Blue Jam

Quote from: "Johnny Yesno"Muppet. When not referring to bits of cloth on sticks.

Why do people use the word "muppet" as an insult despite the fact that the Muppets are great?

I really hate it when people go "Mmmmmmm!" when they're describing food they like, especially if they're doing it with their mouths full. That's just plain ill-mannered.

El Unicornio, mang

Minging. Since when does that word mean an ugly person? Minging always meant something smelly when I were a lad.
And people who say "He/she's horny" to describe someone they find attractive. What, how do you know they're horny? Huh? Eh? Wha?