Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 5,559,182
  • Total Topics: 106,348
  • Online Today: 719
  • Online Ever: 3,311
  • (July 08, 2021, 03:14:41 AM)
Users Online
Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 05:02:47 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Ex-Stereophonics drummer gets bitter/a clue?

Started by european son, April 28, 2004, 12:03:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

european son

Quote from: "NME dot com""I thought the record was OK, not a great one," Cable told icWales. "The early stuff was better, especially the first and second albums. And I've been surprised since I left the band, to have people come up to me, people in the business as well as fans, and say the same.

"I thought the Stereophonics music was getting a bit bland," he added. "The rock stuff on the last album was few and far between."

fuck off.... everyone goes on about how shit those albums are.... and when they did your songwriter wrote songs and complained about how folk were building him up just to knock him down.

oh, and the first two records were hardly Revolver now, were they?

chand

The first record wasn't a classic, but it was a perfectly enjoyable indie-pop album. The second was evenly split between average and shit, and 'JEEP' was a crime against humanity. Fuck knows about the last one.

It's partially because, around the third album, people who played guitar began to realise that he was just writing endless shit using the same two chords.

I heard a song by them called I'm Alright recently, I was surprised to find that it was actually quite good.. had a Tori Amos kind of vibe to it. Was shocked to discover that it's off their most recent album. I'm assuming this was just a glitch in an otherwise awful album.

kidsick5000

The remake of Dawn Of The Dead starts off with Have A Nice Day.

How much of a fucking clue that the end of the world is nigh than that coming over the radio. Gimme death by zombie anytime

Rats

It always sounds like "have a nasty" to me. Which I assume means wank.

Around our way when I was about 18, "getting your nasties" was a phrase for having it off with a lady.

I'm sure everyone on the board knows what a huge Stereophonics fans I am by now.

EDIT:  Actually, a quick glance reveals that most of my "I hate The fucking Stereophonics" posts were lost on the old boards.  Time for a bit of short-arsed Taff-bashing methinks.

dan dirty ape

I posted this before the old board went kaput, but has there ever been a bigger example of self delusion than when Stereophonics were interviewed on a TV programme to promote 'Mr Writer', THE standalone most turgid and self important song I've ever heard, and one of them said

'We added a clavichord to give it that funky Stevie Wonder feel'.

Dear god.