Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 03:37:39 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Air - Latest album???

Started by Gazeuse, April 28, 2004, 10:48:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

european son

Quote from: "mr rou-rou"now now ladies,

Dido, David Gray, Robbie Williams, Outkast and Busted just represent popular music/artists (i'm sure that's the context they are being used in)

as an analogy for mainstream popular music those artists are acceptable.

over ruled :)

nah... VM was clearly referring to the famous "music for people who don't like music".... the name the press give to folk like Dido for she is dull, or Groove Armarda, for they are deemed by some to be background music.

now, here he is, all whining that Air are lumped in with such artists, as he deems Air to be masterful french experimentalist wonders. (for the record, i liked Moon Safari.... i saw them on the 10,000hz tour supporting Radiohead in South Park... they were a bit dull.)

then he goes and lumps one of the most innovative hip-hop acts of all times in with the f.aceless artists he's mentioned. thus showing himself to be as hacky as the hack he was hacking.

unless an apology to both boi and dre is forthcoming, i will be forced to point out again that James were never actually any good, were they?

joFFeman

i take offence at air being mentioned in the same sentence at those shithead popmonkeys 'radiohead'. plus i think outkast are overhyped, and i can't say i really dug their new album anymore than i dug their old ones- nothing special.

air aren't saviors of 'electronic music' or anything, but they're fun to listen to, moreso than radiohead or outkast. to me, anyway.

european son

Quote from: "joFFeman"i take offence at air being mentioned in the same sentence at those shithead popmonkeys 'radiohead'. plus i think outkast are overhyped, and i can't say i really dug their new album anymore than i dug their old ones- nothing special.

air aren't saviors of 'electronic music' or anything, but they're fun to listen to, moreso than radiohead or outkast. to me, anyway.

in my post Air were actually mentioned in a previous sentence to Radiohead.

Marcus Or Relius

I remember hearing a bit of music on a BBC trailer and really liking it, some funky sorta guitar-riff. Not having t'web in 1998, it wasn't until a couple of years later that I identified it as a track from Air's Moon Safari. I'd never heard of 'em but bought the album and quite liked it.

I haven't listened to it for ages, mainly because it's on tape and my only stereo with a tape-player is a bit knackered after I hoofed it some night for reasons lost in a fizzy blur of Stella Artois.

Time to hunt it down on Soulseek though; it wasn't my fave album, but it was merrily relaxing.