Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 10:06:13 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Real-life Kryten on Nova 5 type psycho caravan nutter

Started by Purple Tentacle, February 05, 2004, 12:36:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Purple Tentacle

I'll leave it to PLC to come up with an amusing alliterating thread-title.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/uk_news/story/0,3604,1141181,00.html

QuoteMan did not notice corpse of brother for 18 months

Jamie Wilson
Thursday February 5, 2004
The Guardian

A pensioner did not notice his brother had been lying dead for about 18 months in a room of the mobile home they shared, it emerged yesterday.
Herbert Silver, 72, suspected there was something wrong with his brother George, 75, but said he did not check on him because he was "not at his beck and call".

Mr Silver called police to inform them of the "sudden death" at the three-room caravan in Fordingbridge, Hampshire. When officers arrived they found a decomposing skeleton.

Neighbours said they did not suspect that anything untoward had happened because the pair spent most of their time in the caravan.

A postmortem examination showed George had been dead for up to 18 months.

Mr Silver said yesterday he could not explain why it took him so long to discover his brother's body. "One morning George didn't get up, but if he wanted to stay in bed all day then he could.

"But I admit I didn't go into his room for a few days ... well quite a while actually. I just left him there.

"There was no smell or anything from his room. In the end I plucked up courage to have a look. He looked a bit skeletal and that is when I called the police."

He added: "A doctor assessed me. I asked him if I was bonkers, but he said I wasn't."

A Hampshire police spokeswoman said: "Police were called to a sudden death on December 3, where the body of a man was found.

"A postmortem examination was unable to find a cause of death.

"There are no suspicious circumstances and an inquest is set to take place on February 19."

The amount of times I've seen this joke in comedy programmes, Viz etc., and finally, by law of averages, it happens in real life.

When I was 13 I even wrote a "hilarious" script about 3 nazis stuck in a U-boat, neither one noticing that one of them was dead.

I hasten to add that the coroner has said there were no suspicious circumstances, as the first thing that crossed my mind was that this was a Mr Bean / Ian Huntley type story to cover up corpse-fucking, but the guy genuinely appears to be oblivious to his skeletal brother.

I'd hate to die in my chair watching telly and not be discovered for 5 years until the electricity board pops round to ask why I've been watching Channel 5 for so long, but if you lived with your own brother.....?

butnut

Quote"There was no smell or anything from his room. In the end I plucked up courage to have a look. He looked a bit skeletal and that is when I called the police."

Looking a bit skeletal - classic! :)

Johnny Yesno

Scatty Septuganarian's Skeletal Sibling's Sleep-in.

Des Nilsen

Vermschneid Mehearties

TOCMFIC

EFB

But I was only away for five minutes!

Gah, thats your fault, PT. I havent quoted Red Dwarf for so long, and now you've triggered a prolaspe.

Purple Tentacle

TOCMFIC

"I don't know if this is the proper time or place to bring this up girls but my friend Ace here is incredibly 'credibly brave."

Damn I wish my Red Dwarf tapes weren't packed...

LISTER: "Drop dead, Rimmer."
RIMMER: "Already have done."
LISTER: "Encore."