Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 25, 2024, 09:13:42 PM

Login with username, password and session length

kid 606

Started by never trust a hippy, April 28, 2004, 03:43:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

never trust a hippy

i have just found out that kid 606 and knifehandchop plus the legendary sun roof are playing the Tyne bar maling street newcastle upon tyne on the 10th of may and its says t free admission.www.thetyne.com. its great pub with excellent choice of real ale

never trust a hippy

yeh i know  i fucked up im sorry i

weirdritual

Kid 606 is as interesting as listening to a fridge, or Fridge or Kieran Hebden or Four Tet or any of those other self indulgent "I was the first person ever to hear "Journey In Satchidananda" in fact my father had it playing out of the end of his shooter before spitting his worthless filthy grey dribble into my mother's receptacle" types...... Why don't you sellotape a calculator to your head and ask random people to hit you with anything they can think of? Tossars

Kingboy_D

For the sake of namedropping (kind of) I know Kid 606's brother Martin, he works in a mortuary, takes disturbing photographs and once drank some of my mates blood.

Kid 606 is ok, but his new stuff has become a bit dry.

SnapperOrgans

Kid 606's set on saturday at dedbeat was absolutely electrifying, as was the set he played at the party afterwards, and I got him to put me on the guestlist for when he plays in Glasgow next week....yaaas

QuoteKid 606 is ok, but his new stuff has become a bit dry.

No way man....have you heared his new record on Violent Turd called "the action packed mentalist brings you the fuckin jams"? It's by far the best thing he has ever done, the record is worth it just for the cover of 'cant get you out of my head' by Kylie alone, not to mention the two 15 minute booty house gabba freak outs which abuse tunes by the likes of eminem, the bangles, yello and a-ha to devestating effect.

One of the reasons I love kid 606 so much is that he is one of the few artists who I have genuinely no idea what to expect from his tunes....they range from twenty minute long oddesies of undulating echoes to tweny second bursts of abrasive noise. I have all his records and i am the first to admit that yes....a good proportion of it is almost unlistenable (for example the album "down with the scene" which will break your speakers and your brain if you're masochistic enough to listen to it all the way through).

On the other hand something that is always present is his adolescent exuberance, his sense of humour and his his creative/destructive daftness that I just love to bits. When the eminem and yello's oh yeah spazz out to drill and bass which turns into speedcore which then disolves into "sweet leaf" by black sabbath it just makes you smile.

Everyone go and order a copy of "The action packed mentalist brings you the fucking jams" and listen to it with a few beers. You'll see what I mean.

Kid 606 for Pope!!!