Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 02:51:47 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Fucking AWFUL Dance Remixes

Started by Bollock Chops, April 28, 2004, 11:00:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rats

Do you know, that's how I bought it too? and I was just as gutted. You didn't by any chance see the video on the ITV chart show and fall in love did you?

Purple Tentacle

The Worst Party I Ever Went To (tm) started off when I came through the door and saw a group of Germans dancing to the original Tracy Chapman album.

Dancing.

"Last night I heard the screaming...."

I'd be curious to hear the remix, it might bring back some repressed memories of the worst night of my life.

El Unicornio, mang

The dance remix of 'Missing' by Everything But the Girl was good, but I recently heard the original, a more sombre, acoustic guitar driven version, and I prefer it.

phes

Quote from: "The Unicorn"The dance remix of 'Missing' by Everything But the Girl was good, but I recently heard the original, a more sombre, acoustic guitar driven version, and I prefer it.

Interesting one that. EBTG did change their whole style. My parents used to go see them quite often. Now they hate them and call them 'Everything but the tune'. Conversly, most of my friends were bored stiff by them. They all agree though that Missing and walking wounded mixes were great.

Ambient Sheep

Quote from: "Rats"Do you know, that's how I bought it too? and I was just as gutted. You didn't by any chance see the video on the ITV chart show and fall in love did you?
Nope, I saw the video on MTV (back when it actually had music on it rather than spotty teenager dating shows) and fell in lust.

boki

Quote from: "The Boston Crab"Apparently U2 gave the big thumbs-up to that piss poor recent number one with the black bird wailing over it. I hate U2 but it made me want to die anyway.

U2 just like to be the 'with-it dad' types, though, don't they? They said they loved The Chimes' cover of 'I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For' which, whilst not entirely awful, was at least as boring as tennis.

Anyone who's been to a gym will know how much barrel-scraping has gone on in the field of europoptrancewhaddevurr versions of songs - I've even heard a helium-addled version of Heart's 'These Dreams'.  For Fuck's Utter Sake.  I think it's time to get a lickle mp3 player...

Macerate and Petrify

I just had a horrible flashback to that version of the Logical Song.