Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 25, 2024, 08:42:55 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Videogaming v2.0 [post individual threads for games]

Started by HappyTree, March 02, 2009, 05:04:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Spiteface

Quote from: Shoulders?-Stomach! on April 01, 2009, 02:12:11 PM
I just finished Resi 5 as well. Not bad in the end, but the final fight was underwhelming. Still the same dull formulaic last-gen boss fights. IE- they do about 5 different types of attacts, and have weak points in some of the transitions. Fucking inspired, Capcom.

What was most annoying was having to defeat him that way after the game leads you on numerous false starts that lead you to believe that you and your partner could take the guy on and win, even without plugging him with the Uroboros virus.

You unlock an arcade version of the game at the end which is quite fun, practically unlimited ammo and hordes of Rage AIDS infected Africans to slaughter.

Yeah, Mercenaries is great fun.  I liked it in this one better than RE4's version.

wasp_f15ting

I am really tempted to get SF4 for the 360, but I am not going to use this horrid pad. Are there any resonably priced sticks you guys use and can reccomend?

Also, Hawx looks good to me, but the off reviews kind of worry me. Is it best to wait till it lowers to around £20.00?

VegaLA

If I remember rightly there are some syndicate fans here, if so this rumour may get you excited:

http://news.teamxbox.com/xbox/19282/Rumor-Starbreeze-Working-on-New-Syndicate-Game/

I remember it being a big deal on the Amiga but never played it myself, what was the attraction?

glitch

Quote from: VegaLA on April 02, 2009, 01:38:28 AM
I remember it being a big deal on the Amiga but never played it myself, what was the attraction?

Building up an elite squad of cyborgs in trenchcoats with a larger arsenal than the US' defense budget and using them to wipe out enemy agents. Or using the Persuadatron to convince an entire level's population you're the good guys and using a mob to assassinate your target.

Milo

wheatgod

Famous Mortimer

Is that "Syndicate Wars", available off of the Playstation Store, that you chaps are on about?

glitch

Quote from: Famous Mortimer on April 02, 2009, 01:09:32 PM
Is that "Syndicate Wars", available off of the Playstation Store, that you chaps are on about?

Nope, Syndicate Wars was the sequel and nowhere near as good.

Milo

Syndicate Wars is the sequel, and is probably superior.

Cold Meat Platter

Syndicate wars is the sequel and might be the same

Father O`Blivion

If you fancy a bit of nostalgia you can get a (supposedly) XP compatible abandonware version of Syndicate here.

http://www.abandonia.com/en/games/90/Syndicate.html

It ran on my system but there was no sound and whenever the baddies appeared the mouse pointer would only go halfway up the screen (probably due to it being unable to handle my wide screen monitor). The 'discuss this game!' link on the page linked to above has some explanation on how to get the sound working but I haven't got time at the moment to mess with it.

(Edit - I ran the zip file through virusscan.jotti.org and it came out clean)

VegaLA

Cheers, sounds like my cup of cocoa*, i'll keep an eye on that one, see if it actually materalises into anything.

* Can't stand Tea.

Still Not George

Today I watched videos of Hearts of Iron 3.

I am excited.

Spiteface

Quote from: wasp_f15ting on April 02, 2009, 12:49:17 AM
I am really tempted to get SF4 for the 360, but I am not going to use this horrid pad. Are there any resonably priced sticks you guys use and can reccomend?

Unfortunately those aren't plentiful.  I bought one of the official MadCatz ones, and it's faulty, like every other one.  It something that can be fixed, but it's still unacceptable ona £70 joystick.  And I priced up the price of replacing the stick and buttons with Sanwa parts (the same stuff used in the Arcade machine) and that's another £40.

The Hori fighting sticks used to be £40, but they've gone up to £60 most places now.

If you can track one down, I hear the fightpad (also by MadCatz) is actually quite good.

Failing that, either build your own, or spend an ungodly amount of money getting one custom-built from arcadeinabox.com or a similar site.

The XBox D-Pad gets on my tits for fighting games, it really does.  I know Sega have long pulled out of the hardware market, but couldn't they reissue a liscensed version of the Saturn or 6-button megadrive padfor current consoles and sell it as a "retro gaming pad" or something?

glitch

Quote from: Still Not George on April 02, 2009, 08:15:06 PM
Today I watched videos of Hearts of Iron 3.

I am excited.

Oh God. I've wasted days in Hearts of Iron 2 getting nowhere, I'm now going to relish doing the same in 3. I'm guessing it'll manage to be even more complex and impossibly dense than every other Paradox game and yet still I'll play it - as long as Turing is still an NPC you can assign to research.

hoverdonkey

Anyone seen the trailier for Modern Warfare 2? I may be horribly out-of-date, my 360 usage comes in a fits and starts. Anyway, it left the appetite sufficiently whetted despite having no gameplay footage. Out October 11, which is the day before my birthday, handily.

Still Not George

Quote from: glitch on April 03, 2009, 01:53:10 PM
Oh God. I've wasted days in Hearts of Iron 2 getting nowhere, I'm now going to relish doing the same in 3. I'm guessing it'll manage to be even more complex and impossibly dense than every other Paradox game and yet still I'll play it - as long as Turing is still an NPC you can assign to research.
Unfortunately not this time, it would appear. They've abstracted the teams out of research now, IIRC.

niat

Quote from: hoverdonkey on April 03, 2009, 04:37:54 PM
Anyone seen the trailier for Modern Warfare 2? I may be horribly out-of-date, my 360 usage comes in a fits and starts. Anyway, it left the appetite sufficiently whetted despite having no gameplay footage. Out October 11, which is the day before my birthday, handily.

Or is it November 10th? 11.10.09 - Brit or Yank date format?

Pseudopath

Quote from: niat on April 03, 2009, 10:36:54 PM
Or is it November 10th? 11.10.09 - Brit or Yank date format?

It's more likely to be November, considering the 11th of October is a Sunday.

http://www.gamesindustry.biz/articles/modern-warfare-2-given-november-release-date

ThickAndCreamy

Noby Noby Boy multiplayer trailer;

http://kotaku.com/5199546/kotaku.com

Seriously, the first trailer is just incredibly bizarre and made me laugh quite profusely. They're the makers of Katamari Damacy but dear god, this looks like a new level of oddness. The music alone made me laugh.

Same people who made LocoRoco as well I presume? If ever there was a reason to own a PSP, that was it.

mcbpete

Even though it's a PS3 game ?

Despite the fact that it isn't?

mcbpete

Sorry I misread your post, I thought you were referring to Noby Noby Boy rather than Loco Roco. But no it's a different company. This one is from the folks that did Katamari Damacy

VegaLA

Assasin's Creed 2 Teaser trailer out and about.

http://news.teamxbox.com/xbox/19317/Assassins-Creed-2-Teaser-Trailer/

I never played the first one, you guys gave it mixed reviews. Maybe when the season goes through a dry spell.

samadriel

They edited Leonardo-man's cock out!

Still Not George

He was always my least favourite Ninja Turtle.

jimmy jazz

Has anybody had any experience with the few JRPGs on Xbox 360? While it's completely barren on the gaming front I think I might play through one. The choices seem to be Lost Odyssey, Blue Dragon or Eternal Sonata. I already own Enchanted Arms, and I found it OK but got bored because my party was so ridiculously over-levelled that even bosses took a few swipes. I've played demos of BD and ES, but its hard to get an impression of a 60 hour game that relies on a good story and a levelling up system in a demo.

Also, does anybody know if ANYTHING half decent is out soon? I've checked all the usual sites but i t seems dead.

Any other whores got Left 4 Dead on the PC? ThickAndCreamy and I have become quite the experts on expert, but it would be nice to have an all whore team sometime.

Cold Meat Platter

I do
I'm called thefoxfeelsnothing on steam, i'm in the CaB group as well.
Not played it much at all so i'll be shite for a bit but i'm up for it.