Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 05:20:37 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Videogaming v2.0 [post individual threads for games]

Started by HappyTree, March 02, 2009, 05:04:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

turnstyle

Finally got round to playing COD: MW2 this weekend.

I know that the airport level was considered shocking (by the press at least), but for me, the most disturbing bit was when
Spoiler alert
Shepherd shot you, you were thrown into a ditch and set on fire.
[close]

Grim.

AsparagusTrevor

Quote from: turnstyle on March 01, 2010, 11:53:25 AM
Finally got round to playing COD: MW2 this weekend.

I know that the airport level was considered shocking (by the press at least), but for me, the most disturbing bit was when
Spoiler alert
Shepherd shot you, you were thrown into a ditch and set on fire.
[close]

Grim.
Yeah, that bit was quite harsh.

Johnny Textface

I need a new wii game.. i'm going for either The Conduit at £7 or the new Silent Hill at £21 -  but which is the better game?

Only one way to find out!

Spoiler alert
It's the Silent Hill game
[close]

In fact, get No More Heroes 2.

Johnny Textface

Don't think its out until June in the UK?

They really hate us. Anyway, yeah, the Silent Hill game is very good. The Conduit is pretty boring.

Johnny Textface

Ok thanks man - ordered.

Little Hoover

Quote from: The Boston Crab on March 03, 2010, 03:30:44 PM
They really hate us. Anyway, yeah, the Silent Hill game is very good. The Conduit is pretty boring.
Shattered Memories you mean? I've heard mixed reactions to it. There's a PS2 version isn't there? I'll have to dig that out to play it.

I'd imagine the torch-wielding MOTORTRONIC ACTION of the Wii version gives it a significant edge. I've only heard good things and from a fairly short go of the US version (I think) shortly before Christmas/returning to the UK. I've never been a massive Silent Hill fan - not finished one of the games - but I thought the general vibe of this was very good. I'd like to play more but no TV in this temporary house.

Anyone played Megaman 10 yet? For some reason the Wii have a (very short) timed exclusive. What's the point?

chand

Quote from: littlewickersham on March 04, 2010, 03:59:05 AM
Anyone played Megaman 10 yet? For some reason the Wii have a (very short) timed exclusive. What's the point?

Maybe they're just releasing it on the Wii first because the series started on the NES way back in the day. It's coming to PSN six days after the Wii so I doubt it's really a timed exclusive unless they're paying about 50p for it.

Lee Van Cleef

Wooo.  Xbox 360 arrived today.  I ended up getting a package deal from Amazon.co.uk that included Bioshock 2 and Mass Effect 2.

Fun times ahead.

turnstyle

This week I bought 4 Phoenix Wright games, having never touched one before.

I HOPE THEY ARE NOT SHIT.

MojoJojo

They are good, but I'd leave some space between them. Only so much Wright you can take.

In fact, on that note, I was going to ask if anyone had played the new Miles Edgeworth game but since I haven't even started it yet, I'll not bother for a few weeks.

Quote from: samadriel on March 03, 2010, 12:59:58 PM
I tend to agree, however I'm curious as to how they're working worse, exactly?  Is it Steam?  I know it can be a bit of a bastard for me (especially if there are connection troubles -- the "Play offline" feature is absolute bullshit, I've had it work approximately once since the launch of Steam)

Only just saw this somehow. Basically, I get persistent engine/memory failures. I managed to get them going much better by fiddling with virtual RAM and stuff (I think) but I shouldn't need to - the pirate copies worked perfectly. 'Play Offline' gets on my tits because you have to wait about ten minutes for Steam to boot and give up attempting to connect. There should be a 'Play Offline' shortcut on the 'connecting' splash.

Lee Van Cleef

Anyone know if Bayonetta is worth throwing fingers into?

niat

Quote from: Lee Van Cleef on March 04, 2010, 03:22:25 PM
Anyone know if Bayonetta is worth throwing fingers into?

Try the demo. By all accounts it's a real "Marmite" game. I played the demo for about 5 minutes and hated every second of it.

Sounds like you've got plenty to be playing anyway with Mass Effect 2 and Bioshock 2!

Big Jack McBastard

Bayonetta is like Devil May Cry with a huge titted bird.

Personally I learned my lesson with DMC4 and as niat said the demo. From what I've seen/read folks give it a general thumbs up but agree it's short, has some camera issues and has no decent replay value.

Maybe one to leave till it's cheap or get second hand.

Still Not George

Quote from: Big Jack McBastard on March 04, 2010, 05:39:59 PM
Bayonetta is like Devil May Cry with a huge titted bird.
Played it. There's no similie about it, it's a very faithful copy. If the word "faithful" can be used of a game where the main character wears nothing but her hair.

kyōko

wii is number one! wii is number one! wii is number one!

Lee Van Cleef

Well anyway.  I'm playing Lost Odyssey.  Aside from the FF-itis of run around until you hit a random enemy, and the slightly irritating cutscene every minute it's quite engaging after a couple of hours play.  I can see this being a game I'll happily sit down and start playing, and then suddenly realise I've been on my arse for 8 hours without having any caffeine intake.

Spiteface

Whatever, more Sonic 4 info:

http://www.sonicstadium.org/news/update-gi-screenshots-sonic-4-interview-in-latest-nintendo-power-game-informer

Tails & Knuckles set to appear in episode 2 (episode 1 is a "prologue" to the main story)

Special Stages, Chaos emeralds (with alternate endings for finishing episode 1 with or without the emeralds), SUPER SONIC~! (another thing Sonic fans have been crying out for with recent Sonic outings)

Interestingly, the stages are all pre-rendered CG, as opposed to fully 3D graphics with 2D gameplay.

Also this quote:

Quote"If Sonic 4's return to form is the Sonic experience you have been waiting 16 years for, then we strongly encourage you to try this."

Whether that's Sega just bullshitting or not, pretty bold statement there.

kyōko

Hey I would buy the whole game on a disc for sixty dollars! I LOVE SONIC THE HEDGEHOG! NEARLY MORE THAN SUPER MARIO BROTHERS THREE AND WHEN I PLAYED THAT AND MARIO WAS FLYING I FELT LIKE I WAS FLYING!!

I FELT LIKE I WAS FLYING!!

HappyTree

I had a wee shot on the Sega Allstars racing demo. Looks ok but there's not much sense of speed in the one level I played. And the "drifting" was a bit rubbish, the vehicle didn't really feel as if it was in contact with anything solid. I'm sure they could have done the racing side of it better than this. I fear it's just an excuse to have players firing things at each other all the time. And I so wanted a nice, wacky race kind of game. Maybe the levels after the demo one get more interesting. I guess I'll get this one when it gets down to about a fiver on Amazon Marketplace.

légume

Quote from: kyōko on March 09, 2010, 12:11:12 AM
I LOVE SONIC THE HEDGEHOG!
I FELT LIKE I WAS FLYING!!

What fresh hell

ozziechef

Red Ring of Death for me yesterday and sawe my Xbox picked up on its' trip to Germany today.

They say 20 days to get it back but does anyone have any experience?

Slaaaaabs

Anyone else see the Unlimited Detail Technology presentation on Youtube? Polygons are dead!

Unlimited Detail Technology

Looks a lot like voxels to me, but apparently not according to Bruce Dell (who sounds like a daytime TV presenter)

http://unlimiteddetailtechnology.com/

Still Not George

Yeah. I saw that and immediately said "Yeah. Let's see it moving, eh?" I shall join about half the Interwebs in calling "SCAM!"

mobias

Bruce Dell sounds like he's taking the piss, I don't like him, I don't like him at all.