Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 20, 2024, 12:05:11 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Big Brother 10

Started by Emma Raducanu, May 29, 2009, 07:15:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jennifer

I'm tolerating the life-sapping sneerfest of George Lamb for a final dose of Marcus action. He's quite a pro on telly, I'm hoping the robot wars gig happens (they'd have to bring it back first)

massive bereavement

I gave up watching about 4 weeks ago, except for half-viewing the eviction shows. Enjoyed seeing Lisa get the boot, but that had to be the worst bunch of finalists ever. Devina mentioned auditions for next year, so no 'All stars' then, or will that be the 'Celebrity' series?

imitationleather

Quote from: Small Man Big Horse on September 05, 2009, 12:58:04 AM
Sadly I have nothing to do and so checked:

BB 9: 91 pages
BB 8: 88 pages
BB 7: 190 pages
BB 6: 145 pages
BB 5: 73 pages

Which is a bit odd, BB 7 wasn't even really that good was it? I'm sure BB 5 is considered the best out of those too.

Maybe the forum was down for ages during BB5? I cannae remember really, but I think there was a big crash around then.

Christ, I've been here for a long time.

Ambient Sheep

I just very belatedly discovered that according to this article Bea has "been expelled from college and sacked from every job she's had".  Quelle surprise.

More of a surprise is that she has a 2:1 in Psychology.  A real case of "Physician, heal thyself" going on there, n'est-ce pas?  (Yes, I know psychology isn't the same thing as psychiatry, but nonetheless it's the lack of self-insight that's startling there.)

EDIT: Wikipedia says "expelled from a posh girls' school", and now I think of it I think it was mentioned that she went to Cheltenham Ladies' College, so let's put 2 + 2 together there and hopefully get 4.

Ja'moke

Back from my week in Vegas - a week which involved me suffering from a shitty cold. Ah well.

Just wanted to pop back in to this thread to say that I hope you all put a bet on when I said Sophie would win. I made £25 out of it which wasn't too bad, wish I had the balls to make bets bigger than £3 though...it was the same in Vegas.

Watched the finale earlier, not very enjoyable. As others have said, it had the worst bunch of finalists ever and the least annoying one won.

I won't be sad after the show is gone next year.

Ambient Sheep

Some mildly interesting gossip from this week's Popbitch:

Quote>> Geordie Gran gets the chop <<
        What no-one saw on Big Brother this year

As Big Brother 10 went out with a whimper,
    the BB10 crew gave us an insight into this year's
    largely ignored show.

"Mr Gay UK" Charlie's bid for stardom revolved
    around frequent visits to the Diary Room to
    do a series of impressions and comedy sketches,
    which involved him wearing a headress and
    becoming "Geordie Gran". Unknown to Charlie,
    not one of these skits got broadcast, as
    crew hated them, and him, so much.

Most vitriol was reserved, however, for
    Big Brother's Little Brother presenter George
    Lamb, largely because he had to be briefed
    on the show every day, it was almost as if he
    wasn't much of a Big Brother fan. The impression
    given to the crew was of someone only tolerating
    their job as a stepping-stone to future TV
    greatness - admittedly a difficult
    thing to warm to.

FYI: The one contestant people liked? Lisa.
FYI2: The post-series relationship to watch out
for? Kris and Karly.

No surprises there about George Lamb, and I'm pleased they hated Charlie as much as most of us did, from the sounds of it.

Pity they didn't spill more, I'd love to hear more of the production crew's thoughts on people. 

Neil

That actually sounds quite plausible - I saw Charlie doing "Geordie Gran" on the live feed one night.

Anyway, bumping as I just noticed that the BBBM reunion show is on at 11.

papalaz4444244

Neil

It actually just got VERY interesting, though!  Davina asked the crowd why Karly and Kenny weren't there, and then the housemates started telling her how she wasn't allowed, and started hinting at how controlling Kenny is, and how she wasn't allowed to dance at the wrap party etc, although Davina quickly cut them off.  Haha, love it.

papalaz4444244

If this show is doing one thing it's showing us the majority of the housemates are pretty much EXACTLY as we always suspected them to be.

http://www.twitter.com/KarlyAndKenneth

As represented by Max Clifford Associates.

Caroline

Quote from: Ambient Sheep on September 07, 2009, 05:15:53 PM

EDIT: Wikipedia says "expelled from a posh girls' school", and now I think of it I think it was mentioned that she went to Cheltenham Ladies' College, so let's put 2 + 2 together there and hopefully get 4.

I mentioned this earlier in the thread, I went to school with her and she was there for maybe a year and a half, and she was NOT expelled, as far as I recall, she was not very happy, and ran away at least once, and I believe what actually happened was that the powers that be at the school said "you're clearly not very happy, maybe this isn't the right place for you." She wasn't kicked out for doing drugs, or fighting, or anything very exciting. Also, she was really annoying back then and really enjoyed talking about how rich her plastic surgeon dad was.

Ambient Sheep

Quote from: Caroline on September 12, 2009, 01:01:01 AMI mentioned this earlier in the thread, I went to school with her and she was there for maybe a year and a half, and she was NOT expelled, as far as I recall, she was not very happy, and ran away at least once, and I believe what actually happened was that the powers that be at the school said "you're clearly not very happy, maybe this isn't the right place for you." She wasn't kicked out for doing drugs, or fighting, or anything very exciting. Also, she was really annoying back then and really enjoyed talking about how rich her plastic surgeon dad was.

So you did, and I read it at the time as well, so apologies for my shit memory.  Thanks for the extra info though!

Cheltenham Ladies College, eh?  <raises an eyebrow>

By the way, I seem to remember that, despite its name, Almost Yearly, late of this parish, went there, although he'd have been before your time.

Too many commas?