Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 25, 2024, 02:15:21 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Wimblemong 2009

Started by DocDaneeka, June 20, 2009, 09:41:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DocDaneeka

Wimbledon starts on monday, so we should start thinking about Wimblemong 09.

I don't want to be the one to set everything up and I can't find last years rules anyway, so someone needs to grow a pair of muggy plums and be the umpire.

Clone Army

YES

As far as I recall last year we started with qualifiers of two shots each and then a knockout of three. It took ages, 45% of entrants dies of old age, even though it was probably the fastest Wimblemong ever.

I refuse to be the umpire. I do make a competent ball-boy, mind.

ziggy starbucks

last year it was 2 shots each until the final, which was a 3 shot marathon. It worked quite well. If lots of people enter, then maybe we could reduce the first round to a one shot blast off.

was it 24 or 48 hours of voting after the final shot? can't remember

was it a 48 or a 72 hours limit between shots before people were disqualified? can't remember

can't remember much actually

Spoiler alert
except that I won, you cunts!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
[close]

ThickAndCreamy

I will happily vote for the winners and not participate in the actual partaking of monging as I'm such a chirpy, helpful fellow.

Is this where we register our interest in participation then? Because I'm in.

Marv Orange

I'd like to but I wont have a pc for the next week and a bit.

chocky909

I'd like to participate again this year.

Cerys

Kishi the Bad Lampshade

I am already regretting signing up. Ah well, will give you all a chance to scorn my photoshop skillzzzzz.

Cerys

It isn't just photoshop skills that win rounds, you know.  Originality, humour, wit, bribery and sexual favours also work.

joeyzaza

Thanks for setting it up and running it this year DocDaneeka!

gmoney

Yeah well done Doc, I'll know you'll make a good job of running the whole thing single handedly!

Kishi the Bad Lampshade

Quote from: Cerys on June 21, 2009, 03:16:29 PM
It isn't just photoshop skills that win rounds, you know.  Originality, humour, wit, bribery and sexual favours also work.

I have or will do three of those things.

ziggy starbucks

all we need is someone to make the draw. The mongers themselves can run their own games STRICTLY TO THE RULES AS STATED IN THE RULES SECTION SO HELP US GOD.

communism in action

QuoteA quick reminder of the rules:

1. Each match will consist of two shots per player.
2. The player with the opening shot (i.e. the server) can put what they want in their picture.  But all subsquent pictures (i.e the return) must contain, either visually or conceptually, an element of the previous picture.
3. The pictures will be 600 x 400, or 400 x 600 pixels in size.
4. Voting will take place by posting the name of your favourite in the game thread after immediately after play has ended (i.e. when the 4th picture of each match has been posted).  The voting will last for 48 hours.
5. Common sense prevails in image choice.
6. Pictures can be uploaded to places like photobucket.com for those who have no webspace, but the picture must be displayed in the game thread.

And a reminder of time permitted:  You have 72 hours to post an image from when the round starts or from when the last shot has been posted.  So for you servers in this round, you need to post your picture by midnight Friday.  Keep a look out on your game for when your opponent posts their shot, as it's from that time that the 72 hours start.  If at any point you need an extra day or two, please let me know either in the thread for that match or by PM - if I don't hear from people I will disqualify them (I'll also get a little tired if the same people keep asking for more time repeatedly).  I don't want to be too hard on people but with each round potentially taking 2 weeks (4 shots x 3 days + 2 days voting) and there being 6 rounds it's going to take us a while anyway so I don't want things to drag even more.

One last thing, when posting your first shot be sure to start a new topic in the Wimblemong sub-forum (any chance of a forum name change Admin?  It still says 2007 in the title) and mark the match clearly like so:

Wimblemong 2008 Round 1 - Miles v Johnny Yesno

It'll make it clearer for everyone to find, and ultimately to vote for.

joeyzaza

Thanks for organising the draw ziggy starbucks!

Miles

I hope it's not too late to throw my name into the hat, and that hat into the ring?

Fry

ziggy starbucks

Quote from: joeyzaza on June 21, 2009, 05:32:30 PM
Thanks for organising the draw ziggy starbucks!

joeyzaza v miles
ziggy starbucks v anarchist

Cerys

Seventy-two is better.  Some of us are pushed for time.