Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 11:28:18 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Wimblemong 2009 - Sign up here.

Started by DocDaneeka, June 21, 2009, 01:51:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DocDaneeka

I'm still not setting this bollocks up but I thought a proper thread would be useful.

These people have already signed up*:

DocDaneeka
Lee Van Cleef
Cerys
Viero_Berlotti
ziggy starbucks
Clone Army
The Region Legion
chocky909

*I think

Kishi the Bad Lampshade

joeyzaza

I also wish to take part.

Spoiler alert
I WILL CRUSH YOU
[close]

I'll take part, though havn't monged since last years tournament, might be a bit rusty.

Baxter

I've already signed up too, just in the wrong thread, whatever! I'm still going to crush Delete.

weekender

Lee Van Cleef

Miles

Lee

Emma Raducanu

So far

DocDaneeka
Lee Van Cleef
Cerys
Viero_Berlotti
ziggy starbucks
Clone Army
The Region Legion
chocky909
Gmoney
Kishi the Bad Lampshade
Joeyzaza
Delete Delete Delete
Baxter
(Weekender)
Miles
Lee

Fry

weekender

Get rid of me from the list, on the grounds I have a holiday booked for the first two weeks of the tournament.

Thank you for reading my genuine reason for not playing.

Lee

Quote from: weekender on June 21, 2009, 07:43:08 PM
http://www.cookdandbombd.co.uk/forums/index.php?topic=1498.msg1097360#msg1097360

I'm not signing up yet, but if anyone's reading can they please help me with this????

Thank you for reading my plea for help.

Fixed.

weekender

:)

http://www.cookdandbombd.co.uk/forums/index.php?topic=1498.msg1097374#msg1097374

Took me over two hours, but I did it.  One step at a time, Rome wasn't built in a day etc etc.

I am actually on holiday for two weeks, as well.

Thank you Lee, for being one of those pesky kids without whom I might have gotten away with it :)

Phil_A

I'm in!

I will be away for a couple of weeks in July, though. Is this going to be a problem?

Old Thrashbarg

An tSaoi

I'm cautiously putting myself forward, schedule and holiday permitting.

Lee

Quote from: weekender on June 21, 2009, 09:09:42 PM
Thank you Lee, for being one of those pesky kids without whom I might have gotten away with it :)

I would have left it, but knowing that someone else would undoubtedly have offered a far less constructive response I decided to pre-empt them.

Thank you for not calling me a cunt.

I'm not involved after failing to play properly in the later rounds for two years running, causing serious disappointment and distress to all fans of Wimblemong.

Also, I don't know how to use Photoshop.

Also, I hate you.

Baxter

It's been driving me mad for a while now, is that a super-angular Maggie Cheung in your avatar Boston?

micanio

Vitalstatistix

I'm going away on the first of July but if it starts soon I'll play because I will undoubtedly lose my first match due to me being crap but by then you procrastinating motherfuckers probably won't have even agreed on the rules so my involvement is unlikely and I want to apologise to my fans for this disappointment.

Neil

Never done this before, but I'm gonna have a bash this year. 

Eight Taiwanese Teenagers

Little Hoover

I can't wait to do a joke where, I vote for neil and then write "this post has been edited by neil" at the bottom of my post.

ziggy starbucks

how about this:

if we set a deadline of tomorrow evening for entering. I'll do a randomised draw on that night (assuming I'm well enough - endoscopy day today!) and we start on thursday.

so everyone enter forthwith. I'm looking at you Mr Cardinal Tit Storm

Quote from: derek trucksA quick reminder of the rules:

1. Each match will consist of two shots per player.
2. The player with the opening shot (i.e. the server) can put what they want in their picture.  But all subsquent pictures (i.e the return) must contain, either visually or conceptually, an element of the previous picture.
3. The pictures will be 600 x 400, or 400 x 600 pixels in size.
4. Voting will take place by posting the name of your favourite in the game thread after immediately after play has ended (i.e. when the 4th picture of each match has been posted).  The voting will last for 48 hours.
5. Common sense prevails in image choice.
6. Pictures can be uploaded to places like photobucket.com for those who have no webspace, but the picture must be displayed in the game thread.

And a reminder of time permitted:  You have 72 hours to post an image from when the round starts or from when the last shot has been posted.  So for you servers in this round, you need to post your picture by midnight Friday.  Keep a look out on your game for when your opponent posts their shot, as it's from that time that the 72 hours start.

no_offenc

Aw, fuck it. Count me in.

Has anyone else noticed how 'Wimblemong' sounds a little bit like 'Wimbledon'? Bit of a coincidence, that.