Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 12:27:59 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Wimblemong 2009 - Sign up here.

Started by DocDaneeka, June 21, 2009, 01:51:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DocDaneeka

Whee I don't have to serve! Result!

ziggy starbucks

I'll make the semi final draw now even though I still have to make my final shot

lookalike mark chapman vs docdaneeka
cardinal tit storm vs miles/me

good luck. Remember the semi final is still two shots per player, the final is 3 shots per player

I'll endeavour to have my shot in some time today but its overly ambitious and its taking an age

ziggy starbucks

the final!

3 Times Finalist Mong Man Miles vs Promising Architectural Rookie Lookalike Mark Chapman

mystery mong man miles to serve

the final is 3 shots each

good luck to you both and well done for all the great shots you've done so far

Can't believe I'm in the final. It's my first Wimblemong, how the fuck did that happen? Bloody Miles, though. I am gonna get slaughtered (as in beaten, not drunk [maybe also drunk]).

I should say - speaking of architectural rookies - I do have *the biggest hand-in of my academic life so far* coming up at the end of next week, and while Wimblemong is obviously more important, I sort of feel I should be doing course stuff at least until then. I'm glad Miles is serving, but my return might be a while coming I'm afraid, so I thought I should warn you now. I realise this could grossly extend Wimblemong to eye-watering length, and I'm really sorry about that, but I honestly didn't think I'd get this far. Let me know if that's ok, I'm happy for DocD to have my place if not.

ziggy starbucks

For the same reason, I couldn't serve until next weekend (i.e., not the coming weekend, the one after that) at the earliest. Sorry.

TSK TSK

I take back my late vote!

(We can wait, sweet prince...)

ziggy starbucks

well a two week hiatus isn't too bad for the final, I suppose. Although it depends on what's going on in Miles' life.

I imagine he's doing something mysterious like working on a secret weapons program using alien technology that earth governments have acquired by selling jam to martians.

what does miles think about things?

Miles

They call it 'Marsmalade'!

Well, I think a two week break would give me just about enough time to work (day and night of course) on something which might, if I'm very lucky, be up to LMC's standards, though only just. So I'm all for it.

ziggy starbucks

excellent, well the final will start in a couple of weeks then

I suppose miles can put his serve in any time he likes

greencalx

Shoulders suggested a third-place mong-off for the highest scoring losers. Any enthusiasm for that?

Cerys

That'd be good, if they're up for it.

ziggy starbucks

I don't know who any of the highest scorers are but whoever it is can go for it if they wish

also, anyone unhappy with losing can challenge their victor to a rematch in a one shot quickie......with hilarious consequences

alan nagsworth

Er.. so what's happening, exactly?

Due to my limited time and resources presently, Miles is basically being given until the weekend or thereabouts to produce a pant-creamingly good final serve. I, having hopefully emerged alive from my major design project hand-in, will then weakly struggle to match its brilliance within 72 short hours. This will continue for three or so shots, everyone will vote for Miles, and I will kill myself - citing you, nagsworth, in the note.

In terms of who is the biggest loser - God knows (although I have my suspicions).

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Beware the LMC, his work will mean he's operating on a high frequency. All mongs produced therein may be dangerous to the naked eye.

alan nagsworth

Ah, suicide: The ultimate flounce. I'm just glad to be a part of something so big. Good luck with the big H, dude. (That's if you choose hanging, of course.)

ziggy starbucks

how are things going in the weird and wonderful worlds of lookalike mark chapman
Spoiler alert
whose real name is Barry by the way
[close]
and Miles
Spoiler alert
whose real name is also Barry
[close]
?

I hope the two of you don't mind the fact I've revealed your real names
Spoiler alert
Barry
[close]
on CaB

DocDaneeka

It's the weekend so I am expecting Barry Mile's shot by today. Also it is going to be so beautiful that to look upon it, will be to stare into the face of god.

Thanks a lot for revealing my real name,
Spoiler alert
Vespasian.
[close]

Yes I am indeed ready for Miles's's shot.

ziggy starbucks

Quote from: Lookalike Mark Chapman on August 15, 2009, 01:45:45 PM
Thanks a lot for revealing my real name,
Spoiler alert
Vespasian.
[close]

Yes I am indeed ready for Miles's's shot.

Hope your architectural work went well, Barry Chapman. I know you had to design a unsinkable boat, an inedible biscuit and a lego petrol station. Those first drafts you showed me looked great but I know from first hand experience that the Architecture tutors at the University of Northampton are very demanding

Miles is a bit of a mystery man, isn't he. He doesn't post at all except for wimblemong. The only things I know about him for certain are that he's a 42 year old man, he's called Barry and he lives in Luton.

Miles

Sorry for the delay, in the interests of fairness and laziness, I only started work on it this morning. Looking forward to your reply LMC, and I hope your hand-up went well.

Ta.

I like that Miles is a bit of a mystery man. It makes me wonder if he's actually another poster with a Wimblemong-only account. Cardinal Tit Storm, maybe, or Neil, or LMC. But I prefer to think of him as some kind of monging robot that is only activated by this subforum being reopened.

rudi

Quote from: Lookalike Mark Chapman on August 15, 2009, 03:31:42 PM
I prefer to think of him as some kind of monging robot

Ironic, seeing as you're a robotic mong.

ziggy starbucks

I'd like to thank all the competitors for agreeing to take part, for sticking to the 72 hour rule, telling me about holidays and making this tournament so easy for me to manage. Thank you to all the people who voted as well. Cheers chaps and chapettes

and in my own patronising and condescending opinion, the mongs were great from the first round to the last

all shots in all matches can be found this 'ere zip file
http://www.sendspace.com/file/df213j

genuine edit: and thanks of course to derek trucks who made the flippin' rules

Kishi the Bad Lampshade

Are we having a trophy-making competition?