Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 03:23:45 PM

Login with username, password and session length

People who you thought were the same person.

Started by thecuriousorange, June 22, 2009, 09:34:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
I used to think that Richard Attenborough and David Attenborough were the same person - and that same person was playing himself in Jurassic Park.

I also used to think that Keith Allen and Karl "forget about all that scrubbing palava" Howman from the Flash advertisements were the same person.

For those who don't know the name, I'm talking about this man:

He also appeared in the mid-90s shitcom Babes in the Wood, a Saturday morning children's show called Run the Risk and a played a tooth fairy in a Listerine advert - unless some of those were Keith Allen. I had to check on IMDB to make sure which one was the drug dealer with the briefcase at the end of Trainspotting. I think it's the fact that they are both balding, have relatively anonymous faces and talk like "geezers" that I find confusing.

MuteBanana

boxofslice

Quote from: thecuriousorange on June 22, 2009, 09:34:11 PM
a Saturday morning children's show called Run the Risk

I think that was Peter Simon.

Tokyo Sexwhale

Cerys

Karl Howman looks as though Keith Allen had every life experience ripped from his boney, furrowed face with a hover mower.

Quote from: boxofslice on June 22, 2009, 09:39:47 PM
I think that was Peter Simon.

Um, yes, after checking on Google it would seem that you are right, although I don't know who Peter Simon is. My skills at identifying people may be even worse than I thought.

I know it seems like it, but I don't think that there is just one man inside my television, honest.

biggytitbo

biggytitbo

wherearethespoons

Ted-Maul

Suchet the news reader and Suchet the Poirot-man. It wasnt until they were both on Who Do You think You Are together that I was 100% sure they werent the same person.

The Attenboroughs confused me for a long time too.

Quote from: thecuriousorange on June 22, 2009, 09:34:11 PMKarl "forget about all that scrubbing palava" Howman from the Flash advertisements

I had a mate in (senior) school that insisted he went to a party or something and this bloke was there dressed as Ronald McDonald.

koeman

Danny DeVito and Bob Hoskins. Lost me a bet with my dad when I was about 10.

Re: Peter Simon. When we were about 15, two of my school friends and one of their friends saw him on a street in Mansfield, while they were no doubt drinking triple-strength cider and smoking substances of varying degrees of illegality. He waved over and shouted a cheery 'Alright lads', and the friend of my friends shouted back 'Fuck off'. That's always struck me as being a very bleak moment.

Cerys

Quote from: Ted-Maul on June 22, 2009, 09:56:01 PMI had a mate in (senior) school that insisted he went to a party or something and this bloke was there dressed as Ronald McDonald.

Close.  I have it on good authority that Ronald McDonald spends a lot of his spare time dressing up as Karl Howman.  It's a deep-rooted fetish.

biggytitbo

Famous Mortimer

Charlie Drake and that fella from "Lovejoy".

Ginyard

Pylon Man

biggytitbo

Dustin Gee and Duncan 'chase me' Norvelle.

Eight Taiwanese Teenagers

If toilet paper is really that expensive for you, perhaps you'd be better off not wasting the calories and nutrients that semen contains, and guzzle it back up following ejaculation.

koeman

Quote from: Eight Taiwanese Teenagers on June 22, 2009, 10:07:44 PM
If toilet paper is really that expensive for you, perhaps you'd be better off not wasting the calories and nutrients that semen contains, and guzzle it back up following ejaculation.

and Joe Longthorne.

Ted-Maul

Rusty Lee and Dusty Springfield - i was only about 6.

biggytitbo

Ginyard

Quote from: Eight Taiwanese Teenagers on June 22, 2009, 10:07:44 PM

I'm struggling to understand this post, I must say!

23 Daves

Quote from: thecuriousorange on June 22, 2009, 09:34:11 PM

He also appeared in the mid-90s shitcom Babes in the Wood, a Saturday morning children's show called Run the Risk and a played a tooth fairy in a Listerine advert - unless some of those were Keith Allen.

Nope, as unlikely as it may sound, Keith Allen was indeed the tooth fairy in a Listerine advert.  Some children apparently once asked for his autograph at some Comic Relief event, and he was delighted and dutifully scribbled his signature on their notepads.  Afterwards they were heard to say to their parents: "Well, we've got Lenny Henry's autograph.... and Jonathan Ross's... and some bloke, I don't know who he is, but he's the tooth fairy on the Listerine ads..."*

(* not an exact quote, I can't find a reference to this story online).

biggytitbo

Quote from: 23 Daves on June 22, 2009, 10:14:09 PM
... and some bloke, I don't know who he is, but he's the tooth fairy on the Listerine ads..."*

Karl Howman has overheard that a thousand times (probably).

I watched part of Lethal Weapon 4 on TV last year and couldn't work out if a wisecracking, young black policeman was Chris Rock or Chris Tucker. I do know that they are two different people though. Which one
Spoiler alert
gets killed
[close]
at the start of Jackie Brown?

Tokyo Sexwhale

Karl Howman and the bloke who plays Terry the chef in "Fawlty Towers".

purlieu

Seriously.  When I was a nipper.

Also, Tony Way and Paul Putner.

Mr Colossal

Timmy Mallet and Tony Robinson, due to the latter being the sherrif in maid marion not long after I was glued to wackaday.

Rolf harris and the KFC colonel due to the logo looking almost identical to the face on his rolf's cartoon time roo.

I also once saw a poster advertising a guest dj slot by who i thought was newsreader huw edwards and wondered what the hell the world was coming too, but it was  the radio 1 dj of similar name.

Anything with similar syllables like scritti politti and mini vanilli...I unintentionally do it to several posters on here too!