Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 09:30:13 PM

Login with username, password and session length

People who you thought were the same person.

Started by thecuriousorange, June 22, 2009, 09:34:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

thraxx

Quote from: George White on December 07, 2018, 08:52:09 AM
Though weirdly, the old couple on the bus, the husband was Reginald Tsiboe, Bobby Farrell's replacement in the early 80s lineup of Boney M, who unlike Farrell, actually sang.

Crimey - I know Reg. He's a lovely chap and he has indeed got a lovely voice. He doesn't look like the old couple on the bus though.

Icehaven

Rupert Grint and Domhnall Gleeson. To be fair I actually just thought Gleeson played Harry Potter's friend and didn't know Rupert Grint even existed.

poodlefaker

I thought John Hannah and James Nesbitt were the same person for a while; they seemed to appear at the same time. Similarly John Simm and Simon Pegg.

George White

Quote from: poodlefaker on December 07, 2018, 12:01:52 PM
I thought John Hannah and James Nesbitt were the same person for a while; they seemed to appear at the same time. Similarly John Simm and Simon Pegg.
Well, they play up the latter in Spaced, don'tthey, that Simm is like a neater, posher Tim.

Anna Richardson and Dawn (O) Porter. I'm easily confused by vaguely similar hairstyles.

Bobtoo

Kevins Bacon and Spacey. I still refuse to believe they are two different people.

Cuellar

Dick Van Dyke and Danny Dyer. There's only a superficial physical resemblance but the voices..!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rfpxV6AIpLk

When I was five I saw this clip of Alvin Stardust on TOTP and assumed Elvis Presley was the same person.

Also, around the same period my mum and dad were watching news coverage of the Iranian embassy siege and I took one of the gunmen to be Noel Edmonds.

Icehaven

Quote from: Clatty McCutcheon on December 07, 2018, 08:20:12 PM
Anna Richardson and Dawn (O) Porter. I'm easily confused by vaguely similar hairstyles.

Oh ffs. I really thought him out of IT Crowd's wife had dumped him and gone gay with Sue Perkins.

Icehaven

Fran Drescher and Janice from Friends. I'm not sure if I thought they were the same person or just that the Janice actress's name was Fran Drescher because they've done a mickey take of her a few times on Family Guy and they've got similar voices.
Edit: just googled it and there's even a Mandela effect thing about it.

ColinPopshed

Haha this is a stupid one, but when I was really young (5 or 6 I guess) I remember wondering if Tony Hadley from Spandau Ballet was the same person as Gordon Burns, presenter of The Krypton Factor.

I mean, they both had brown hair...

alan nagsworth

I thought I was the same person but then I realised that I had changed, irrevocably. Puberty's fucking mental.

Noonling

When I was young: Anthea Turner and Princess Diana. Then Princess Di died and I could finally tell them apart.

St_Eddie

Quote from: ColinPopshed on December 08, 2018, 08:02:17 PM
Haha this is a stupid one, but when I was really young (5 or 6 I guess) I remember wondering if Tony Hadley from Spandau Ballet was the same person as Gordon Burns, presenter of The Krypton Factor.

I mean, they both had brown hair...

Racist.

Cuellar

I used to think Frank Zappa was the poet C H Sisson

Quote from: icehaven on December 08, 2018, 05:12:00 PM
Fran Drescher and Janice from Friends. I'm not sure if I thought they were the same person or just that the Janice actress's name was Fran Drescher because they've done a mickey take of her a few times on Family Guy and they've got similar voices.
Edit: just googled it and there's even a Mandela effect thing about it.

Don't you mean Mugabe Effect?

NurseNugent

When I was reading Peter Armitage's obituary, I wondered why his role as Jonny Brigg's dad wasn't mentioned when it dawned on me that it was because that was Leslie Schofield. To be fair, they have both played Sue Devaney's dad. 

a duncandisorderly

kalowski

Alan Arkin and Alan Alda

Richard Widmark and Joseph Cotten

Lee Van Cleef and Lee Marvin

George White

Then, Twilight's Last Gleaming and the Man Who Shot Liberty Valance will confuse you.

Flatulent Fox

Jeremy Beadle and Tim Curry.
                                                     The Beadle was particularly good in 'The hunt for red October',but this time HE got pranked!

Phil_A

Rachel Blanchard (Nancy from Peep Show) and Rachel Keller(Syd from Legion)

Just to confuse matters they have also both appeared in Fargo, but not at the same time.

Lost Oliver

Kieran Trippier is a smaller version Tommy Robinson.

DrGreggles

I once heard John Gregory on the radio and could've sworn it was Glenn Hoddle.

Similarly Martin Peters and