Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 01:37:20 PM

Login with username, password and session length

People who you thought were the same person.

Started by thecuriousorange, June 22, 2009, 09:34:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

biggytitbo

Quote from: purlieu on June 22, 2009, 11:14:24 PM

Seriously.  When I was a nipper.

You berk. They're grandfather and son as everyone knows.

biggytitbo

massive bereavement

non capisco

I agree, the KFC slogan looks way more like Rolf than it does the actual Colonel Sanders.

New Orleans funky soul singer Eddie Bo and Ken Dodd

I've never actually confused these two people, they're different races. I'm being facetious.

mycroft

Thatcher and TONY BLAIRS!!!1!1! YEAH!! sorry

Tony Robinson and Sylvester McCoy would cause mix-up among some of my friends.

the midnight watch baboon

Terry Wogan and Ken Bruce, from overhearing Radio 2 at work before.

Jemble Fred

Retinend

Morrisfan82

When I first saw Johnny Vaughan on the TV it took me a while to convince myself that he wasn't Andrew O'Connor. Though on reflection they don't really look that similar.

When I was a kid I thought the bloke on the Quaker Oats logo was my Nan, the likeness was quite uncanny. Apart from the hat.

buttgammon

When I was about seven years old, I thought a woman who lived up the road was Anthea Turner. Sadly, it turned out she was just somebody who looked a bit like Anthea Turner and it turns out no celebrities have ever chosen to live on a newbuild estate in Wrexham.

Jemble Fred

An tSaoi

I always get George Osbourne and Ed Balls mixed up for some reason.

I used to have a Christopher Walken/Jon Voight confusion.

And for ages I thought Billy Zane was the bad guy in The Mummy.

Edit: And I used to get Patrick Swayze and Richard Gere mixed up for some unknown reason.

Shoulders?-Stomach!

edit- realised post has no direct relevance to the thread title.

Cold Meat Platter

Dr Bashir from Deep Space 9 and Baltar from Battlestar Galactica (the new one)

Saucer51

The dark-haired woman from Abba and Nerys Hughes. Always thought they were the same person when I was little.

Wadded Bliss

All Chinese people and most black people. And Boki/Mook.

Jackson K Pollock

I remember in my teens being utterly convinced that Tom Waits was some sort of experimental comedy character played by a hard-on-his-luck Ron Howard after seeing him on a Tube repeat in the mid-90s.

+

=

???

Jemble Fred

Is the bottom one Phil Cool? Eerie lookalike if not.

Jackson K Pollock

Cambrian Times

Serge

Sheridan Smith and Daniela Danby-Ashe. I never watch anything with either of them in, but if I happen to catch a few seconds of something that does, I invariably think it's the other one. If you see what I mean.

hpmons

Quote from: Pylon Man on June 22, 2009, 10:02:53 PM
Les Dennis and Keith Chegwin.

Yes.

From a name point of view - Bernard Matthews and Barnard Manning.  In fact, I think when I was younger I thought they were the same person.

The most mind-boggling one is from when I first saw the first Lord of the Rings movie - I couldnt tell the difference between Aragorn and Boromir (Viggo Mortensen and Sean Bean).

petula dusty

Kevin Costner and Mel Gibson

Alexa Chung and the other one

Peter Mandelson and Michael Portillo

Orlando Bloom and Elijah Wood

jaydee81

I used to get Boy George and George Michael confused as a small kid, probably as they both had George in their name... either that or I had gaydar in infancy.
I also used to get Mick Jagger and Bob Geldof confused.... I think Bob Geldof was probably responsible for that.

Gulftastic

Quote from: Cold Meat Platter on June 23, 2009, 02:27:03 PM
Dr Bashir from Deep Space 9 and Baltar from Battlestar Galactica (the new one)

Definitely. I had to look up the cast list after first watching Battlestar Galactica. I was certain they were one and the same.

23 Daves

Quote from: Mr Colossal on June 22, 2009, 11:17:17 PM
Rolf harris and the KFC colonel due to the logo looking almost identical to the face on his rolf's cartoon time roo.

This confused me when I was a kid.  I used to ask my Mum and Dad if we could go to "Rolf's Restaurant", and it didn't matter how many times they corrected me, I still insisted that it was Rolf Harris on the sign.

Rolf Harris owning a fast food chain could only be a good thing.  Cheap Rooburgers for all, and piped didgeridoo music, and free plastic Rolf toys that made appropriate musical noises when you pressed their buttons.  I'd eat there every day. 

Jemble Fred

Quote from: Gulftastic on June 24, 2009, 02:59:41 PM
Definitely. I had to look up the cast list after first watching Battlestar Galactica. I was certain they were one and the same.

Is the BG guy the same actor who plays Sir Francis in The Tudors? If not, you've got a third one.

Cold Meat Platter