Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 09:25:14 AM

Login with username, password and session length

People who you thought were the same person.

Started by thecuriousorange, June 22, 2009, 09:34:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gradual Decline

Suttonpubcrawl

Quote from: Serge on June 23, 2009, 11:47:43 PMSheridan Smith and Daniela Danby-Ashe. I never watch anything with either of them in, but if I happen to catch a few seconds of something that does, I invariably think it's the other one. If you see what I mean.

No I don't!

Cold Meat Platter

If I could see Tom Waits simply being penetrated without his consent as opposed to merely feeling the threat of penetration from a nameless rearward assailant I could agree

Gradual Decline

Quote from: Cold Meat Platter on June 24, 2009, 11:36:08 PM
If I could see Tom Waits simply being penetrated without his consent as opposed to merely feeling the threat of penetration from a nameless rearward assailant I could agree

Cold Meat Platter

non capisco

Quote from: 23 Daves on June 24, 2009, 06:07:14 PM
Rolf Harris owning a fast food chain could only be a good thing.  Cheap Rooburgers for all, and piped didgeridoo music, and free plastic Rolf toys that made appropriate musical noises when you pressed their buttons.  I'd eat there every day.

I'd steer clear of the 'Animal Hospital sandwich', slogan "Can you guess what it is yet?", if I were you.

Braintree

Sophia Myles

Rosamund Pike

They just have that generic blonde woman look, rather than looking alike

Jemble Fred

Nooo, there's NOTHING generic about Myles. Don't even know the other one though, but she looks completely different. (Yes, I know you switched the names).

non capisco

At the risk of 'they all look the same to you, do they?' dwarfist accusations, I was under the apprehension until I looked on imdb that the dwarf actor in 'In Bruges' was Peter Dinklage from 'The Station Agent'. It's not at all, it's another dwarf actor called Jordan Prentice.

Dinklage

Prentice

Fairly dissimilar faces, beyond that they're both dwarves. To be fair it had been a long time since i'd seen Dinklage in anything, and the pissed-off character Prentice played in 'In Bruges' is sort of similar to the pissed off character Dinlage plays in 'Elf'. Ahhh, there's no excuse really. To make things worse I was round a mates watching 'In Bruges' again recently and started raving about how he should watch The Station Agent as 'that guy's really good in that as well', so my mate's probably going to rent that and think 'it's a completely different actor, you dwarfist idiot'.

Mr Colossal

Isn't that second one Matt Damon or an early Kurt Angle?

And I also find myself agreeing on the 'generic blonde person' quote.  There are lots of 'generic person' looks.  I once tried to unsuccessfully convince somebody that John Malkovich had a bit of a 'generic gay person*' look, although they were entirely bemused by what I meant.

*i'm not saying all gay people look the same.  But there are certainly 'generics'.  John Malkovich is one, Neil Tennant is another, and i'm currently undicided if Dylan Moran can be bought into my equation...   There is also a generic American face a bit like William H Macy with a moustache and a baseball cap.

There's actually  science behind it as I once read an article that explained how everybody knew liberace was secretly gay because of his face, as the overuse of certain expressions end up dictating how your facial muscles work, and consequently things like wrinkles/ or lack of them.  This, plus lots of performance/testosterone enhancing drugs also explains the furred brow and captain caveman jaw of most bodybuilders.

Claude the Racecar Driving Rockstar Super Sleuth

Quote from: Mr Colossal on June 25, 2009, 12:46:57 AM
There's actually  science behind it as I once read an article that explained how everybody knew liberace was secretly gay because of his face
Because no one would have guessed otherwise.

lazyhour

Quote from: Braintree on June 24, 2009, 11:50:50 PM

Sophia Myles

Rosamund Pike

They just have that generic blonde woman look, rather than looking alike

Yvonne Strahovski

This thread is slowly morphing into the 'People who look alike in threes' thread.

jaydee81

I've just realised one that still confuses me to this day

Eddie Marsden off of Happy Go Lucky

Stephen Graham off of This Is England

I dunno why I get them confused. Its not like they look anything like each other is it?

George White

My mum was convinced that Stuart Wilson and Andrew "Sweaty Raphael/First Jack Sugden in Emmerdale Farm" Burt were the same. See also Peter Egan and Roy Marsden.
Geoffreys Bayldon and Whitehead - the fact they appear together in Whitehead's Sherlock Holmes series boggles my mind.

I at first thought the George Baker Selection were Joe Dolan and then that George Baker was the actor.
Alec Guinness and Bob Todd.

I remember someone I knew vaguely thought that Jeffrey Holland was the butler in Clue, the Tim Curry role.
My mum thought that it was Lee Van Cleef not Max Von Sydow as Ming the Merciless
I remember thinking that for some reason  that David "Roy Cropper" Nielson was inShort Circuit.

Ma also gets confused with Ron Moody, Lionel Jeffries and Warren Mitchell, particularly the latter two. I told her that she must have exited in the timeshift when Jeffries did get the role of Alf Garnett. I believe he was on the shortlist alongside PETER SELLARS.

doppelkorn

I've just realised that CaB users Happy Tree and Ambient Sheep are different people.

Names that go "a-ee-ee" and bluey-green avatars = same.

gib

Paul McCartney and Replacement Paul McCartney.

touchingcloth

Doyle Lonnegan from off of The Sting, and Lonnie Donegan from off of...whatever he or she is off, I don't actually know more than it being a name.

KennyMonster

Quote from: jaydee81 on June 24, 2009, 09:41:10 AM
I used to get Boy George and George Michael confused as a small kid, probably as they both had George in their name... either that or I had gaydar in infancy.
I also used to get Mick Jagger and Bob Geldof confused.... I think Bob Geldof was probably responsible for that.

I just read that as.......I used to get Boy George and George And Mildred confused as a small kid.

KennyMonster

Quote from: Saucer51 on June 23, 2009, 05:03:06 PM
The dark-haired woman from Abba and Nerys Hughes. Always thought they were the same person when I was little.

My better half gets Michael Parkison mixed up with Michael Aspel to the point where she insists that they are practically clones of one another.

It could be gentic, after all her mum doesn't know Mel Gibson from Mel Smith.

or it could be contagious instead, her flat-mate (from about 15 years ago) didn't know Nerys Hughes from Nanette Newman and I don't know my Neil singers, Diamond, Sedaka or Young (but that's because I don't care about the output of any of those musical Neils).

Icehaven

There must have been other threads like this as I know I've mentioned my appalling tendency to do this, although in my defence I do have a massive problem remembering faces. This is but a fraction of them;

Matt Smith and Benedict Cumberbatch
Eddie Redmayne and Tom Hiddlestone
Adam Sandler and Ben Stiller
Amy Poelher and Amy Schumer (same name doesn't help)
Nick Nolte and Jeff Bridges
Emily Blunt and Gemma Arterton and Carey Mulligan
Jason Manford and Neil Fitzmaurice
Meg Ryan and Goldie Hawn (ages ago anyway)
Chris Pine and Chris Pratt (again, name doesn't help)
Jennifer Lawrence and Kristin Stewart

But there's loads more. I do it with real people too, which is much worse.

Ambient Sheep

John Hannah and James Nesbitt.

Googling reveals I'm far from alone on this one, with JH himself acknowledging it as far back as 2008.  A couple of months ago I even saw a couple of BBC Breakfast presenters debating it.

I think I've pretty much nailed it now, but it did take ages.

Ambient Sheep

Quote from: doppelkorn on June 29, 2017, 04:20:12 PM
I've just realised that CaB users Happy Tree and Ambient Sheep are different people.

Names that go "a-ee-ee" and bluey-green avatars = same.

That's fairly impressive given that you've met me!  I don't live in Estonia...

Replies From View

The directors Edgar Wright and Gareth Edwards, partly because of the "Ed" parts, and also because Garth Jennings, whom I associate with the former, fuses them somehow.

Yes, my brain really is that silly.

doppelkorn

Quote from: Ambient Sheep on June 29, 2017, 06:26:53 PM
That's fairly impressive given that you've met me!  I don't live in Estonia...

Yeah exactly though! Every time I see you post I wonder, "why was he in London that time?"

Can you fill in this table?

AttributeAmbient SheepHappy Tree
Lives in?Not EstoniaEstonia
Is embedded software engineer???
Married to French person???
Regularly posts information from that aviation forum???
Has met CaB user doppelkorn?Yesdon't think so

How do you get more advanced formatting on tables? I'm stuck.

Lisa Jesusandmarychain

Victoria Coren  and Tracy Ann Oberman

( voices only ).

weekender

Quote from: doppelkorn on June 29, 2017, 07:26:41 PMHow do you get more advanced formatting on tables? I'm stuck.

If you're using Excel, go to Home->Format as Table, then just choose something you like.

Ask Sheepy if you want further information about the actual data that goes in the tables, his stalker version's much larger than yours, having been populated since 1999.

Glebe