Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 08:01:04 PM

Login with username, password and session length

People who you thought were the same person.

Started by thecuriousorange, June 22, 2009, 09:34:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Norton Canes

Jack Frost and Jack Scott. Which is even more remarkable given that one was an actual BBC weatherman, and the other is a mythical creature believed by children to be responsible for freezing pipes and painting flowers silver.

Mr Brightside

As a child, I used to get Brian Conley and Bradley Walsh mixed up. Too clever to get confused about this kind of thing now that I'm an adult.

Steven

Quote from: Mr Brightside on June 29, 2017, 09:54:36 PM
As a child, I used to get Brian Conley and Bradley Walsh mixed up. Too clever to get confused about this kind of thing now that I'm an adult.

Ah, the condition known as Amstell's disease.

Ambient Sheep

Quote from: doppelkorn on June 29, 2017, 07:26:41 PM
Yeah exactly though! Every time I see you post I wonder, "why was he in London that time?"

Hah!  I've never been to Estonia in my life, and in fact haven't been out of the country since 1998 (Berlin on business), unless you count the north of Ireland in 2012 (Belfast on pleasure).

Quote from: doppelkorn on June 29, 2017, 07:26:41 PMCan you fill in this table?

Yes, yes I can.

Oh I see, you'd actually like me to do it?

AttributeAmbient SheepHappy Tree
Lives in?Just outside N. LondonEstonia
Is embedded software engineer?Yes (by profession)?
Married to French person?NoVery probably not, but used to live in France before Estonia
Regularly posts information from that aviation forum?YesNo
Has met CaB user doppelkorn?Yesdon't think so
BuildFatThin
HairLong, dark brown/greyingLong, mid-brown
AccentEnglishScottish

Will that do?

I think I deserve some sort of frickin' medal for managing that on a phone.

Ambient Sheep

Quote from: weekender on June 29, 2017, 07:33:37 PMAsk Sheepy if you want further information about the actual data that goes in the tables, his stalker version's much larger than yours, having been populated since 1999.

But only in my head (and only since 2001), which gradual senility is slowly eroding.  Whereas you're the person who actually has one. :-)

Ambient Sheep

Quote from: Norton Canes on June 29, 2017, 09:37:27 PM
Jack Frost and Jack Scott. Which is even more remarkable given that one was an actual BBC weatherman, and the other is a mythical creature believed by children to be responsible for freezing pipes and painting flowers silver.

I used to do that too.

spamwangler

NurseNugent

I always used to think that Grotbags  was played by Claire Rayner when I was a kid.

I always thought David Tomlinson and Bernard Fox were the same person and then there's Rhys Ifans and David Thewlis who I still get mixed up.

Jittlebags

Tracy Ann Oberman and Alex Kingston, obviously.

Dex Sawash

Quote from: doppelkorn on June 29, 2017, 07:26:41 PM
Yeah exactly though! Every time I see you post I wonder, "why was he in London that time?"

Can you fill in this table?

AttributeAmbient SheepHappy Tree
tree in avataryesyes

Proof of same-ness

I have to have a think about it regularly. Had same way back with el nombre and british hobo when they both had little cartoon man avatars

doppelkorn

COME ON BOFFIN'S!

Where are the BBCode tools we need to add borders and background shading to our tables?!eleven!

Paul Calf

[tag]Paul Allen isn't dead, I had dinner with him twice in London last week[/tag]

Glebe

Quote from: Gradual Decline on June 24, 2009, 11:26:05 PM

Quote from: hpmons on June 24, 2009, 12:18:41 AMThe most mind-boggling one is from when I first saw the first Lord of the Rings movie - I couldnt tell the difference between Aragorn and Boromir (Viggo Mortensen and Sean Bean).

I know I'm a bit late here, but get out. Just get out.

Also [tag]Bill Pullman leaves thread trying to explain to everyone that he's not the late Bill Paxton.[/tag]

Jittlebags

John Simm                                        Simon Pegg

poodlefaker

I was the same with those two; they sort of arrived at the same time didn't they? Similarly John Hannah and James Nesbitt.

Sebastian Cobb

As I mentioned in the Neil deGrasse Tyson, I always think he said that "The law, in its majestic equality, forbids the rich as well as the poor to sleep under bridges, to beg in the streets, and to steal bread." rather than Anatole France.

Cuellar

TheWoodenSpoon

John Simm looks more like Thom Yorke than he does Simon Pegg. Sort of.

Sebastian Cobb

Quote from: Cuellar on June 30, 2017, 03:01:15 PM
Norm MacDonald and Muhammad Ali
See I thought Norm MacDonald was the barman in Cheers. Which it seems is wrong on face-value and the fact that Norm Peterson was a completely different person in Cheers anyway./

New Jack

That tennis player, Venus Williams, and that other one, Serena

Sebastian Cobb

Quote from: New Jack on June 30, 2017, 03:49:47 PM
That tennis player, Venus Williams, and that other one, Serena

It's quite easy to tell at the minute 'cos one of them is up the lemon.

New Jack

Is that slang for "found liable in a vehicle-related death"?

Phil_A

Rachel Blanchard and Rachel Keller. I watched a good half of Legion thinking the latter was the former, and confusingly they've both appeared in Noah Hawley's other series, Fargo.

popcorn

Anton Dec.

On the other hand, I thought Jace and Donavan were two people.

New Jack

Jesus and God, but careful who you ask to clarify it

Jockice

Malcolm and Malcolm. Both in the same speech therapy group I go to. About the same age. Look exactly the same. But I have seen them both in the same room at the same time.

touchingcloth

John Hannah and James Nesbitt. I've long since lost track of which one's which and whose film is whose.

George White

non capisco

Quote from: TheWoodenSpoon on June 30, 2017, 03:09:34 PM
John Simm looks more like Thom Yorke than he does Simon Pegg. Sort of.

John Simm looks a bit like Limmy I reckon. Simmy.

Dex Sawash