Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 10:32:28 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Hancock's Half Hour

Started by Geej, February 05, 2004, 04:58:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Geej

I was doing a bit of a web search on Hancock's Half Hour, as I had taken a disc out of the library - top notch stuff.

Then, thought I, there must be sites with this stuff on.  

And I can't find squat.  Don't say Soulseek or a file swapper type thingy, as they don't work on our network at work.....

I'm just amazed that there are so many episodes, I always thought that there were, perhaps at best 30, but there seem to be hundreds.

Anybody else like the comic timing of Mr Tony H?

Bilko

There's no-where on the internet you can get free on line epsiodes due to some of them being commerically available. And Forget Soulseek no-one shares any Hancock on there, I have seen a few episodes shared an Kazaa though.

This is the best place to get a description of each episode here.
http://www.tonyhancock.org.uk/career.html

If you want episodes which I think you do, BBC7 on Tuesday at 12.30pm and 7.30pm broadcast an episode of HHH Hancock's Half Hour each week.

Of course you'll ideally have a digital radio, if not then you can use Freeview or Sky and record/listen to them on there, and like me then hook up a scart lead out of your video into two phones that are connected to your hi-fi and recorded them onto tape/Minidisc that way.

If you aint you Sky or Freeview then you can listen to the episodes at the times above on the net here http://www.bbc.co.uk/bbc7/   and click on the Listen Now icon

Only thing about that page is it is fucking slow

Silver SurferGhost

I remember listening to my dad's Hancock LPs as a nipper, on ironically enough, Sunday Afternoons At Home in the 70s.
That was my introduction.
I think he was easily at his best with the ensemble cast, but the compulsive shedding of all his friends and colleagues
and his self-destructive nature is now of course well-documented.
The Radio Ham aside, I never much cared for the 'solo' episodes myself, although I'm not sure how much my knowledge
of the man himself influenced that opinion.

The Sunday Afternoon episode is still my favourite.

elderford

Great stuff, it's such a shame he got put out with Sid James. The radio routines between their characters are a joy.

Is the Sunday Afternoon episode the one where Hancock is bored?

I like the one where they are redecorating and Sid is writing really bad limerics on the recently exposed walls and signing the names of the great poets to them, so Hancock opens up the house as a literary museum.

Working as I do in an art library, I owe a great debt to Hancock for his line from the film The Rebel:

It's a self-portrait.
Who of?

Oh Irene Handl(?) Metal Mickey, Saturday Afternoons