Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 27, 2024, 01:18:13 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Loretta Lynn - Van Lear Rose- White Stripes fans take note.

Started by TraceyQ, May 03, 2004, 09:33:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TraceyQ

Van Lear Rose, the Jack White produced album by country legend Loretta Lynn has been released today and it's bloody lovely. Available at all the usual *ahem* outlets. I'm off to pull on my line dancin' boots and tip my stetson at a cowboy.

TraceyQ

fanny splendid

TraceyQ

Pfffffft, easier said than done!

Give me ten minutes to learn a new skill and I might.

TraceyQ

Nope, dont have a clue. I've converted it to a .torrent file and it's sitting all nice on my desktop. How do I make it share?

edit: I can see how to upload it but it claims the tracker i am using is "dead" Wah!

fanny splendid

Try another tracker?

edit: what client are you using? Azureus has a built in tracker, and I think that is what Timmay used to torrent the Streets album in this thread.

QuoteWhat is the Embedded Tracker ?

Azureus has a built in tracker to allow users to share torrents directly, rather than uploading them to an "external" tracker. This is called "hosting" and can be performed by selecting this option from the context menu on the "My Torrents" view.

Configure the details of the embedded tracker via the "Tracker" tab on the "Configuration" view. There is an "External tracker IP address" field that must refer to the external IP address of your machine. Note that if you are behind a firewall this may differ from your machine?s local address. To help in this task there is a "Check Address" button here. If your machine?s external address isn?t fixed (e.g. your ISP regularly changes it) then this will interfere with your hosted torrents, as the "announce url" will need to keep changing. If this is the case then it is advisable to use a DNS redirection service, such as DynDNS.org, to assign yourself a fixed DNS name ? refer to the site for details.

In order to host a torrent it must have the correct "announce url" defined in the torrent. It must refer to the url of the embedded tracker. Use the File Menu/ "create a torrent" facility to construct a torrent, selecting the "Use Azureus embedded tracker" option to ensure the correct announce url is used. Then open the torrent and select "host". You will probably want to seed the new torrent, at least initially, so start the torrent and navigate to the file/directory used to create the torrent when selecting the download location.

You will see on the tracker configuration dialog that there is a port associated with the tracker, default value 6969. If you have a router/firewall you will need to open this port up for incoming TCP connections, as you will have done for the peer transport ports (default 6881 to 6889).

The tracker also, if enabled, publishes the hosted torrents and statistics as a web page. This can be accessed by using the tracker?s root url. For example, http://127.0.0.1:6969/. Other users can then download the torrents directly from here ( http://yourexternalIP:6969/ ).