Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 03:22:11 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Wimblemong 2009, Round 1: Lookalike Mark Chapman vs jutl

Started by Lookalike Mark Chapman, June 27, 2009, 06:58:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ziggy starbucks

voting over

lookalike mark chapman wins

hear that sound? Its the sound of a mighty oak falling

Aw, fuck. Sorry everyone. Sorry jutl. And fuck - does this mean I have to come up with another bloody serve?

Still, now that's over I can stop being so fucking aloof and explain my first shot. Sorry if you're not represented, I just did a quick sweep of the board and the ones that lent themselves to Paint-bound pixelated pictogrammatic depiction. 13 schoolyards was an option but there wasn't enough space, 23 Daves fell by the wayside fairly quickly, and Tokyo Sexwhale was right out. But it would have been nice to get a few more in - it would have been nice to have the scene as densely populated as a Where's Wally or something - but, drawing every pixel in Paint, it was taking longer that the average Western male human life expectancy. I've realised now I could at least have added 'Ziggy Starbucks' - a green and white coffee cup with an orange lightning bolt on it perhaps? Ah well. As it is, there's about 28 verbwhores on show. Spoilered in case you still want to guess them -

Spoiler alert
(Hopefully) self-explanatory ones:

-MuteBanana
-DolphinFace
-Blue Jam
-Jonathan King
(a crowned Jonathan Ross, see)
-box of slice
-Braintree
-Small Man Big Horse
-CaledonianGonzo
-hoverdonkey
-explodingvinyl
-Little Hoover
-sick as a pike
-Santa's Boyfriend
(with a label indicating that he is wearing Catalogue Trousers) - this is possibly my favourite one, because it looks like they're heading to the church to get married
-Goldentony (i.e. a solid gold bust of Tony Blackburn)
-chocky909
-The Boston Crab
(strictly an American flag, but I wasn't sure how to make him look Bostonian to be honest)
-DangerMan (a German Desperate Dan, groan)
and -Shoulders?-Stomach! (which possibly looks more like a stomach with tits).

Perhaps less obvious ones:

The group of grey-faced chaps in different outfits are indeed a trotsky assortment.
The little fish is a Fry.
Bit tenuous this one, but the saint kneeling is to represent Neil (because I had to include him really) and is based on an image of Thomas Becket.
The soup is of course Baxter's.
CaledonianGonzo is also holding a yard of gin ...or a Ginyard (groan).
The scene is set against grassland, also known as a 'lea' (Lee)
The church indicates a Glebe ('the cultivable land owned by a parish church or ecclesiastical benefice')
And I think there's an argument for purlieu (the deforested environs).
Finally of course, it all takes place under a Dark Sky.
There is no big pipe in the background.
[close]

joeyzaza

I have to admit that I had no idea what LMC's serve was about until someone pointed it out in the thread.

wherearethespoons

And where was I on that serve?  It's not good enough.  I'm going to vote against you every time LMC.

ziggy starbucks

I'd be interested to know how Jutl did his amazing final shot. The perspective* on the lego figures is perfect. Did you just find the perfect image or did you do some clever angle altering work to make the figures fit into the line of sight - from the ground looking up to the plinth

* is that the right word, dunno

Viero_Berlotti

The angle of the light hitting the lego figures is perfect also. It looks as if it's been shot under controlled studio lighting.

Emma Raducanu

I'd sort of love there to be the opportunity for best losers to go through for a matchup, because there's been a couple of terrific mongers (TRL) go out straight away (due to the brilliance of those who beat them) but it would cock up numbers and make a mockery of the competition. So I wouldn't dare suggest such a thing.

jutl

Quote from: ziggy starbucks on July 02, 2009, 12:27:20 PM
I'd be interested to know how Jutl ...

Five minutes of bespoke photography followed by twenty minutes of tweaking.

Ah, I assumed you'd photographed the legoshaggers but drawn the green brick. Very funny shot, anyway, which mine weren't.

Quote from: wherearethespoons on July 02, 2009, 12:12:21 PM
And where was I on that serve?  It's not good enough.  I'm going to vote against you every time LMC.

Look at the original image. Can you see any spoons? No. Where are the spoons? Exactly.

Cerys

I'm feeling a bit embarrassed at having correctly spotted the big horse and guessed its significance, and then spent ages wondering who the cowboy represented, and why he had apparently lassoed something in the sky.

Johnny Yesno

Quote from: Cerys on July 02, 2009, 03:34:44 PM
I'm feeling a bit embarrassed at having correctly spotted the big horse and guessed its significance, and then spent ages wondering who the cowboy represented, and why he had apparently lassoed something in the sky.

If you hadn't posted I'd still be wondering.

Great match chaps! It's a bit wrong either of you are out at this stage. Sorry I missed the voting on this one but tbh I really wouldn't have known who to vote for.

ziggy starbucks

Quote from: jutl on July 02, 2009, 03:17:49 PM

Five minutes of bespoke photography followed by twenty minutes of tweaking.

brilliant work Jutl

and you 'green-screened' the shot as well by the looks of it