Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 10:18:17 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Wimblemong 2009, Round 2: Baxter vs gmoney

Started by Baxter, July 06, 2009, 03:43:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Baxter

alan nagsworth

Er, it's not showing, Baxter ol' pal. I was having server issues at work the other week which stopped images from loading, but it's resolved now and I see no mong!

Unless of course your serve is an invisible .PNG with an inward bevel and a small red
  • in the top left corner? If so, 'WOW!' etc.

Baxter

Really? It seems to work fine here.

Re-Re-Upload:

gmoney

Little Hoover

I love the first shot - what's the art style referencing?

gmoney's return made me laugh hardest though.

^ Looks like Shepard Fairey to me

Is the dark grey chalkstripe because of colour management, then? Knowing Baxter, the fact it looks like it's been printed with a slightly decalibrated inkjet (not to mention that oh so convincing 'Is it not working? How perplexing' business) is all part of some beautifully simple yet evil conceit

Quote from: Delete Delete Delete on July 06, 2009, 11:39:14 AMThe image "http://img195.imageshack.us/img195/756/akid.jpg" cannot be displayed, because it contains errors.

Log off, defrag, check your gas boiler, dial 9 twice and await a PM

Baxter

It was indeed supposed to be reminiscent of Shepard Fairey's 'obeygiant' stuff but I was influenced by the recent 'classy games covers' photoshops on SA, I was going to have the light details of the face on the dark grey field but there was too much space, so I went for the 'Attack in an underpass' vibe.

The stripes didn't appear until merging down probably due as I say to making the vector under one colour profile in inkscape and another one in PS, but it could just be artifacting due to the fact that photoshop doesn't import .svg as vector shapes and instead rasterises them to a bitmap.

Uncle TechTip

I want it on a t-shirt. Then I would post it in 'Best t-shirts of all time' thread.

Seriously that would go down a storm in the north-west, and maybe further afield!

Baxter

If you're serious I'd be happy to clean up the original vector for you, there are plenty of online printing places.

gmoney

Little Hoover

Quick round, over before other games had even started.

Baxter for his 2nd shot.

Uncle TechTip

Baxter, why are such a genius at everything you do? Please tell me you were crap at PE, or I might have to kill myself.

Baxter obv

boxofslice

Cerys

Baxter for his second.  If it wasn't for that shot, gmoney would have clinched it for Papal Aki.

ziggy starbucks

if baxter has sex as quickly as he plays wimblemong, his girlfriend must be a very frustrated young lady

Baxter

I just can't last longer than 20 hours, it's probably some sort of disease.

What would you know anyway you wifeless-wonder!

joeyzaza

Famous Mortimer