Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 5,559,186
  • Total Topics: 106,349
  • Online Today: 785
  • Online Ever: 3,311
  • (July 08, 2021, 03:14:41 AM)
Users Online
Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 06:21:22 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Wimblemong 2009, Round 2: alan nagsworth vs. Lookalike Mark Chapman

Started by alan nagsworth, July 07, 2009, 04:02:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

eluc55

Fantastic match! It's a toss up between Nagsy's second, which is a brilliant history altering concept, or LMC's second, which has the single funniest use of the words "coco butter".

LMC ... just.

gmoney

Cerys

Lookalike Mark Chapman - it was close after nagsy's second, but that last shot snaffled it.

boxofslice

Difficult one due to some outstanding work from both but LMC just snags it.

Angst in my Pants

Absolutely stunning match, thanks for the laughs gents.

Really, really, tear-your-heart-out close, but it has to be Lookie-Likey Mark Chapman.  Sorry nags.

Famous Mortimer

Quote from: The Boston Crab on July 14, 2009, 05:58:22 AM
Also, I must ask...LMC, did you photograph a KitKat Chunky to find the precise angle you needed for the monkey's body/head?

I'm afraid so. I've now got a folder of about 40 images of a Chunky at various stages of disrobing. Then my model melted in my hand, which I thought was very unprofessional.

always sober

Well played Nagsworth, kit kat plane is excellent, but the Da Vinci sketches is the shot of the tournament so far, for me, so it has to be LMC.

LMC's first shot is possibly my favourite Wimblemong shot ever, but I think Nagsworth deserves at least one vote for coming up with such a fantastic rally. Nagsworth. Brilliant match, both of you.

Uncle TechTip

Baxter

Hmm, Nagsworth gets mine because I'm a slut for alternate timelines.
Wait a fucking second! I'm playing the winner of this one next aren't I?
Fucksticks.

Kishi the Bad Lampshade

After looking at these several times I feel ashamed to call myself a monger.

Small Man Big Horse

Astonishing stuff from both of you, this really could have been a final. I've been trying to decide since last night who to vote for, and still aren't sure.

Hmmm...Er...Lookalike Mark Champman...but only by 0.000001%.

joeyzaza

Old Thrashbarg

Three great shots and one that is possibly the best I've seen. Lookalike Mark Chapman for his outstanding first.

Johnny Yesno

Shoulders?-Stomach!

^ they're all calling you LMC, LMC

oh i wonder i wonder

LMC

Jesus, how did that happen? Aw, thank you for the votes guys, lovely game Nags.

I'm glad I didn't go with my original idea for the second shot - chocolate suicide bombers, in a chocolate afterlife, surrounded by 72 chocolate virgins. This would have been done as a Thornton's advert, with the tagline "Chocolate Heaven since 9/11." Tasty but tasteless.

Does this mean I'm playing Baxter now?

Cerys

Quote from: Lookalike Mark Chapman on July 16, 2009, 11:13:02 AMI'm glad I didn't go with my original idea for the second shot - chocolate suicide bombers, in a chocolate afterlife, surrounded by 72 chocolate virgins. This would have been done as a Thornton's advert, with the tagline "Chocolate Heaven since 9/11." Tasty but tasteless.

That would have been awesome.

I wasn't sure how to make it clear, visually, in the limited space. 72 chocolate virgins would have taken up a lot of pixels, and I don't know how I could have depicted an Islamic suicide bomber made of chocolate without it veering into the realms of the offensive.

alan nagsworth

Yeah, I thoroughly enjoyed this round. Thanks LMC and also to those who voted for me. Keep the scene alive! Thanks all for the kind comments aswell, I'm sure LMC will agree that it's a big compliment to say this round was 'final potential'.

Anyway, I'm off now to Tibet, to buff up on hardcore tutorial action. Learning the proper way for once, and within the boundaries of tight, unrelenting discipline for my previous failures.

AU REVOIR!

rudi

As I'm just catching up, may I add to the praise this round drew?

Bloody amazing, I doff my tifter to th'pair of yous.