Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 24, 2024, 07:25:58 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Football 2009/10 Season

Started by Tokyo Sexwhale, July 07, 2009, 11:36:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Those commentators must be thick. How did they think Luisao was being red carded- the ref turned his back to him and pointed the red in Babel's face! The exact opposite of what a commentator is suppose to be there fore, there.

buntyman

Yeah that was woeful commentating, the red was clearly directed at Babel and then that Luisao guy walked away gesturing to the other Liverpool players as to why Babel was sent off.

Mr Colossal

Zamora's just sealed his fate as one of europes 'elite' center forwards...

edit: again. !! 

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Why are we watching this dismal sack of rejects instead of the successful sack of rejects playing Wolfsberg? (Yeah, I know, Fives biggest ever ratings or something. It still sucks.)

Mr Colossal

I turned  onto channel 5 expecting fulham.  Liverpool were already 1-0 up,   I saw europa league football on itv 4  so figured that had to be it, but it was valencia - athletico- and it was only by defiant chance of checking I saw the fulham game was buried on espn.

Shoulders?-Stomach!

I'll give them the benefit of the doubt that they already had the tv rights sewn up ages ago, otherwise there'd be no real reason for why Fulham, the story of Europe this season, are being sidelined.

Mr Colossal

I dont know how they work it out...  Whether its like the way itv always get first dibs on the wednesday champions league game, whether it alternates like if one channel get it one week, the other gets it the second...  whether they just went with liverpool thinking they'd have the better ratings,  or whether they thought they had better chances and wanted to be seen to be behind the eventual 'winner' in their cup run...  Maybe aspiring pundit Colin Murray got his scousey mits involved.

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Liverpool's dismal away performances in Europe continue.

Benfica haven't even been that good. Torres arguably should've put them 2-1 up.

actwithoutwords

This is exhausting just to watch. To say nothing for frustrating.

Mr Colossal

Last minute away goal for wolfsburg.  Shame.   But Fulham will believe!

buntyman

I love how the channel 5 commentators have to give a brief synopsis of the Van Damme film that follows the football after pretty much every game they show.

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Liverpool should go through still, unbelievably. That was just shocking drivel, before and after the red card. They're lucky they're playing against such a naturally defensive outfit. If Benfica opened up a bit they could've had Benitez walking to the dole queue.

chand

Quote from: Shoulders?-Stomach! on April 01, 2010, 09:33:52 PM
I'll give them the benefit of the doubt that they already had the tv rights sewn up ages ago, otherwise there'd be no real reason for why Fulham, the story of Europe this season, are being sidelined.

Ratings are a real reason.

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Quote from: chand on April 01, 2010, 10:05:58 PM
Ratings are a real reason.

I was hoping after having mentioned it, it would be ignored when I mounted that argument.

Sad though, Liverpool as a form of entertainment is like eating a tramps knackers as a form of gourmet eating.

buntyman

Any of the Spurs fans on here applied to go to the FA Cup semi final? I put my application in last week and haven't heard anything yet and kind of want to get my train booked as early as possible as I'll be travelling down from Scotland. I probably won't get one as I think the allocation's based on loyalty points and I only manage to get to a couple of games a season but it would be nice to know quickly either way. If not, I'll be going to the Arsenal game the following Wednesday.

the midnight watch baboon

no but if you get stuck halfway down we can watch it on a pub in York

Mr Colossal

Just seen the liverpool highlights. Babel's sending off (even though I know theres a hand to face = red rule) and Fernando Torres's disallowed goal  (offside player who seemed to be behind the keeper and completely out of the zone of play not interfereing with the line of the shot) seemed a bit harsh.

chand

Quote from: Shoulders?-Stomach! on April 01, 2010, 10:15:19 PM
I was hoping after having mentioned it, it would be ignored when I mounted that argument.

Sad though, Liverpool as a form of entertainment is like eating a tramps knackers as a form of gourmet eating.

Yeah, but it's obviously the reason. Fulham having beaten Juventus in dramatic fashion was incredible, but Liverpool are still a bigger draw in terms of raw numbers of viewers, shit football or not. The size of the fanbase is way bigger for a start, and then you have the fact that people who aren't Liverpool fans generally want to watch them get beaten.

bennett

Quote from: chand on April 01, 2010, 10:36:06 PM
Yeah...and then you have the fact that people who aren't Liverpool fans generally want to watch them get beaten.

is it me or has this become even more the case this season? As a blues fan I'm used to people watching our games just to see us lose but there's been a huge increase in people I know taking great pleasure in watching liverpool fuck up this season. Are they becoming the most hated team in England, ahead of united and Chelsea?

chand

Quote from: bennett on April 02, 2010, 09:16:08 AM
is it me or has this become even more the case this season? As a blues fan I'm used to people watching our games just to see us lose but there's been a huge increase in people I know taking great pleasure in watching liverpool fuck up this season. Are they becoming the most hated team in England, ahead of united and Chelsea?

They've had a kind of car-crash quality this season. When they finished last season strongly and United sold their best player, is was widely expected they'd mount a serious challenge for the title. For them to be mathematically out of the title race by the end of March, as happened last weekend, was a huge surprise.

Rooney out for 2-3 weeks according to Ferguson, could be back for the Manchester derby or more likely the Spurs game. Also, John O'Shea and Owen Hargreaves are training well and one of them could be on the bench tomorrow.

wherearethespoons

Quote from: buntyman on April 01, 2010, 09:54:35 PM
I love how the channel 5 commentators have to give a brief synopsis of the Van Damme film that follows the football after pretty much every game they show.

The other week they managed to use the film name and plot to match the circumstances on the pitch. Well, that was the intention at least.

chand

West Ham have officially complained about Roy Hodgson's weakened team selection against Hull. Looks like the Premier League's decision to fine Wolves for doing similar at Old Trafford is going to start biting them on the arse now.

Shoulders?-Stomach!

As Mediawatch pointed out, West Ham didn't complain when relegation rivals Wolves fielded their 2nd XI at Old Trafford against Man Utd.

This doesn't mean that the Premier League won't make further crud rulings though.

rjd2

rjd2

Quote from: Shoulders?-Stomach! on April 02, 2010, 01:20:23 PM
As Mediawatch pointed out, West Ham didn't complain when relegation rivals Wolves fielded their 2nd XI at Old Trafford against Man Utd.

Or when Man Utd played their reserves against them on the final day of the 2007/2008 season.

Neil

Locking for size - please continue in a new Footy thread.  Thanks.