Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 12:07:29 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Goonies Never Say Die!

Started by Rubbish Monkey, February 05, 2004, 05:46:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rubbish Monkey

Dont know if this deserves a thread but im bored and had the day off work all day to peruse the internet like i do at work umm anyway....
"Goonies Never Say Die" might be the name of a "Goonies" sequal.

http://www.aintitcool.com/display.cgi?id=16484

QuoteRichard Donner, who directed the 1985 classic "The Goonies," and Steven Spielberg, who executive produced it and co-wrote the script with future "Harry Potter" director Chris Columbus, have purchased a sequel script and are pushing to get it made.

"We're trying desperately," Donner said. "We're just trying to get Warner Bros., who owns it, to say yes." Warner Bros. did not return a request for comment.

http://www.aintitcool.com/display.cgi?id=16539

QuoteThe current working title on the script by Michael (X2/CHARLIE CHAN/WAKE THE DEAD) Dougherty and his sometimes writing partner Dan (X2/IMAGINARY HEROES) Harris isn't GROONIES, but rather... "GOONIES NEVER SAY DIE"!!! Now that's a title! Turns that the "Groonies" thing all came from a misunderstanding from an interview with Richard Donner. You see, in the film the group of new kids in the story get the name of the original group mixed up and call themselves "Groonies" then are set right by the original gang. Apparently it is a one line gag in the movie.
So there we have it... apparently Dougherty and Harris are hammering away at the script which hasn't been delivered yet, but all seem quite enthusiastic based upon their pitch.

I also think I read somewhere that Cory Feldman has a petition going to get it made also.

here they are in their present day glory....

A supposed "script" here or fanboy fiction, you decide.

So, will this be any good? Cash in? wont happen? Would you pay to see it?
I enjoyed the Goonies when it was on again a few weeks back. Its interesting as its the makers trying to make it rather than the studio milking the franchise. Still, I suppose back then it wasn't so franchise orientated was it?

Also its interesting that there is a supposed 4 hr cut of the original.

european son

i love the goonies... i hope the sequel, if it gets made, isn't wank (though i'm afraid if it does, it inevitably will be)

Quote from: "Rubbish Monkey"
Also its interesting that there is a supposed 4 hr cut of the original.

has anyone here got the DVD with the full cast commentary and deleted scenes? is it as lovely as it sounds?

nixon

Quote from: "european son"
has anyone here got the DVD with the full cast commentary and deleted scenes? is it as lovely as it sounds?

no.. it's better

DonkeyRods

I'd love to see a sequel, but unfortunately none of the original actors have the 'Calvin Klein' look required for todays Hollywood films. Americans will not be able to associate, identify or empathise with these actors, so appropriately Beautiful actors will be hired in instead, even if it does mean the acting will be shite.

wheatgod

sean astin! sean astin!
he was in lord of the rings, surely thats enough for the hollywood cronies to fund a sequel
Quote"this guy  was in lord of the rings, for freaks sake!" (said while chomping a cigar)
thats how it would be, i tell you

Rats

Christ, I thought Cory Feldman was dead. That song I did, stand by me 2 could so easily have been the goonies 2, well it couldn't have been really but he was in that too and that's enough of a spooky coinsedence for me.

Pythov

HEY YOU GUYS!

Goonies, cult status round here.  Sequel?........Hmmm, I want one, but it must also be in the same 'crap' vein as the original.  If they TRY to make it funny, it won't be.

Spaced Cadet

Fuck me is nothing sacred, first Wonka, now this. And how the fuck is that guy going to do the Truffle-Shuffle now he's lost the weight.

Peking O

Quote from: "Rubbish Monkey"I also think I read somewhere that Cory Feldman has a petition going to get it made also.

Can't imagine why he'd do that....

Frinky

All we need now is Ghostbusters 3 with a bunch of spunky, New York kids. Then it'll all be fucked.

This. Is. The. Worst. Idea. Ever.

Dr. Gizmonic

Oh, I loved that movie. It taught me all the valuable stereotypes I need to get through life. Asian kid smart, fat kid coward, big retards have hearts of gold.

I hope the sequel features a Muslim kid, I'm still not sure what I think about them.

Smackhead Kangaroo

Just imagine it rehashed badly with the cast of Dawson's Crack and you should be some way to envisioning what it will probably be like.

Rev

I'm clearly in a minority of one here, but I think this could work, just as long as it's based around the original cast rather than dragging them on for cameos and leaving the main story for a new pack of youngsters.  If they approach it like a linear version of Stephen King's 'It', then it could work.  It could!

Rubbish Monkey

To piss on your chips

QuoteThe sequel would reunite the original cast, which included Sean Astin, Corey Feldman, Josh Brolin and others, with a new bunch of suburban kids, Donner said.

oh dear.

The guy who plyed *Chunk is a real life lawer.

in case you were wondering who be who

from right to left (im guessing)
Jonathan Ke Huy Quan, Sean Astin, Martha Plimpton, Corey Feldman, Kerri Green (with the perky tits), Richard Donner, Jeff Cohen (*Chunk), Josh Brolin.

Didn't like the goonies, too noisy. Never liked kids even when I was one.

Why were you all watching this junk whilst stalk and slash movies were in their hey-day?

April Fools Day II - that's what they should be making.

TOCMFIC

Those breasts are quite spectacular!

Let's hope the sequel is rated "R" for nudity.