Author Topic: Scharpling & Wurster / The Best Show On WFMU  (Read 54195 times)

dr_christian_troy

• Golden Member
  • Sapientia Sapienti Dona Data
    • PODNOSE - The UK's Leading Independent Entertainment Podcast Network
Re: Scharpling & Wurster / The Best Show On WFMU
« Reply #660 on: July 05, 2019, 02:49:56 PM »
I also remember Angus, he had a good knowledge of comedy and I assumed he was a CABer. Don't recall hearing any of DCT's calls although it was great when Tom appeared on Podpit a few years ago.

Thank you! I'd love to do more of those interviews. All ten shows (guests are Kliph Nesteroff, Dave Anthony, Scott Aukerman, Janie Haddad Tompkins, Matt Gourley, Erin McGathy, Tom Scharpling, Jimmy Pardo, Cecil Baldwin and Todd Glass) can be heard here.

« Reply #661 on: July 29, 2019, 02:27:06 PM »

Mary Houlihan is shockingly unfunny.

« Reply #662 on: July 31, 2019, 09:30:16 PM »
Anyone listen to meet my friends the friends from friends?

« Reply #663 on: September 06, 2019, 01:14:51 AM »
Anyone listen to meet my friends the friends from friends?

I tried to get into it but it didn't do much for me. I probably need to give it another go and binge on a whole bunch in one sitting.

Pat and Dudio did their own podcast on The Best Show patreon about Quantum Leap, but it wasn't great.

One of the best of the Patreon stuff (other than an AMA type podcast with Scharpling & Wurster) was a show called Strange Requests where callers would request songs, clips, old bits of audio etc. and Pat and Mike play them over the top of each other - A bit like an hour long live sound collage.

Tairy_Green

• Norfolk's maddest man.
« Reply #664 on: September 07, 2019, 11:45:15 PM »
Pat and Dudio did their own podcast on The Best Show patreon about Quantum Leap, but it wasn't great.

This is a part of the Meet My Friends The Friends narrative - without the context, it must be pretty weird!