Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 16, 2024, 10:38:20 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Gallagher/Squire/Harrison Jnr.

Started by mayer, May 03, 2004, 10:38:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mayer

from NME dot com

QuoteOASIS frontman LIAM GALLAGHER is forming his own supergroup featuring former STONE ROSES guitarist JOHN SQUIRE and late BEATLE GEORGE HARRISON's son DHANI.

The band are planning to start recording tracks later this year and expect to record an album for Christmas.

According to The Sun newspaper, the trio are now looking for other musicians to join the group.

Gallagher will be lead vocalist, while Squire and Harrison will play guitars.

weird stuff.

from The Sun though, so who knows eh?

mayer

speaking elsewhere on the forum about shoddy journalism, this infuriated me.

Quote from: "undercover media"The Stone Roses were only around for a couple of years but recorded the landmark album 'Fool's Gold'. After that, Squire went on to form The Seahorses who again only produced one album, the critically acclaimed 'Do It Yourself' in 1997.

a couple of years (1987-1995)? landmark album Fool's Gold? DIY "critically acclaimed"?  bah.

chand

Haha, he also says the Seahorses again produced only one album, implying that The Stone Roses only made one as well. You wouldn't think it would be possible to be wrong so many times in two short sentences.

'Do It Yourself' was reasonably commercially popular, but not particularly critically acclaimed, as far as I remember.

mayer

Quote from: "mayer"
from The Sun though, so who knows eh?

indeed.

Liam Gallagher 'Supergroup' Reports Denied

Quote from: "a spokesperson for Liam""The welcome heat of Sunday's weather in London must have got to the editorial staff at The Sun newspaper, so much so that they dreamed up a bizarre story about Liam Gallagher forming a supergroup with John Squire."

"Liam is already in a supergroup called Oasis, and far from taking a break in London, as The Sun story would have us believe, he is busy and recording and mixing the next Oasis album, due for release later this year."

Jemble Fred

They obviously heard that Zak Starkey had just joined Oasis, and put 2 and 9 together to make 347. Still, you wouldn't put it past Noel and Liam to snap up Dhani as well.

Appropos of nothing except the chance to use the word appropos, Sean Lennon is shagging Mick Jagger's daughter. So there.

James McCartney is ginger.

The end.

TraceyQ

That God that was a lie. I think I'd rather stick skewers in my ears and twist them around than listen to that bunch of fucking idiots claiming to be the saviours of rock and roll.