Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 05:11:11 PM

Login with username, password and session length

any yorkshire whores?

Started by smoker, May 04, 2004, 09:50:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

smoker

the amazing fingathing are playing fibbers in york on the 31st june - don't miss if you have an inch of taste

Bogey

My cradle of life is about twenty minutes from York. I might be back home then.
Why are they good? Who are they like?

smoker

i've never actually heard anyone like them.

it's two guys, peter parker- decks
sneaky - double bass

and the music is, i dunno, a big melting pot of breakbeat, funk, hip hop, scratching, jazz, drum n bass.

they're excellent, i saw them last time they played fibbers and they drew a huge crowd.

http://www.fingathing.com/index.asp

smoker

hang on, the official site says the 31st may, whereas my flyer says june. i will check fibbers site

Bogey

Hmm.... that all sounds a little "modern" for my tastes.
Could be loud and scary...

smoker

sorry, my flyer was wrong, it's the 31st may:

Renowned for mad graphics and even madder samples, Manchester's best kept secret seemingly have no musical kryptonite: no style is safe nor sacred and everything's ripe for the mix. Armed with twenty-two shots of white-hot beat, they're coming to save a dancefloor near you. Be-bopping, hip hopping, bass-plucking, turntabling, dope on plastic, funktastic..... essentially British.

Already having toured with DJ Shadow and appeared with Herbaliser and The Streets at the Reading and Leeds festivals; taking up the double bass and decks respectively Sneaky's stalking licks pluck'n'slide over a venomous cut-up montage courtesy of DJ Peter Parker and his decks of fury. Juicy, brutal and blistering, Fingathing's rhythmic experiments not only work, they rule hands down. 'Watching Fingathing live is like watching Sugar Ray Robinson wrestle Mohammed Ali' - Playlouder.com Earth's finest kickin' out the jams alongside deep space divas and cyber disco daddies!!

fanny splendid

Do bears shit in the woods?

Is the Pope catholic?