Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 02:08:41 PM

Login with username, password and session length

YouTubes

Started by Neil, August 03, 2009, 01:49:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Artemis

A Christian TV presenter loses a family member after they were killed in an accident. In the days that follow, he has an interview scheduled with Richard Dawkins. Rather than cancel or postpone this, he decides to continue on with the interview, and not only that but broadcast it live, explaining at the very start that he's done absolutely no preparation or even read any of Dawkin's books.

What follows is an hours worth of excruciating television. Even if you're not a fan of Dawkins, you can't help but feel a bit for him here, as he squirms and tries not to humiliate the host. The presenter meanwhile comes out with some proper fundamentalist howlers, not least invoking his recent loss as an example of 'what God must have gone through when he sacrificed Jesus'. I also enjoyed his puzzlement over how we evolved to be able to take a shit.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kk1RnwbFIps&NR=1

hedgehog90

Quote from: Artemis on January 27, 2013, 08:30:11 PM
A Christian TV presenter loses a family member after they were killed in an accident. In the days that follow, he has an interview scheduled with Richard Dawkins. Rather than cancel or postpone this, he decides to continue on with the interview, and not only that but broadcast it live, explaining at the very start that he's done absolutely no preparation or even read any of Dawkin's books.

What follows is an hours worth of excruciating television. Even if you're not a fan of Dawkins, you can't help but feel a bit for him here, as he squirms and tries not to humiliate the host. The presenter meanwhile comes out with some proper fundamentalist howlers, not least invoking his recent loss as an example of 'what God must have gone through when he sacrificed Jesus'. I also enjoyed his puzzlement over how we evolved to be able to take a shit.

I saw part of this the day after it aired when channel hopping between the religious channels (looking for the insane shit)
I didn't know he lost a loved one days prior to the interview, which makes it almost excuseable.
The interviewer and 2 others were talking about the interview, and he was being told that he'd done the best he could do.
They also discussed comments left on Dawkins website regarding the interview.
It was all quite sad really. The guy looked pretty embarrassed.

Jamie Oliver is fat

Johnny Townmouse

I can't believe that is from 2008. At last, something I can use to passive aggressively cull my facebook friends.

kidsick5000

This upload highlights a big problem I have with this current wave of "evangelistic" atheism.
It's ironic it seems to be lost on those that post all the pro-aetheism updates, that they are just as annoying, just as off-putting as the pro-religious posts.
I don't object to the upload, it was broadcast, why not put it on youtube.
But going by the smug, attacking title it was done with spiteful intent, to basically gloat at the expense of host. I'd like to think that anyone with a shred of decency would have held back somewhat.

dr_christian_troy

I don't understand this music video, but I can't stop watching it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=d5BdyIGtYcg

Retinend

Quote from: kidsick5000 on January 28, 2013, 08:59:09 PM
This upload highlights a big problem I have with this current wave of "evangelistic" atheism.
It's ironic it seems to be lost on those that post all the pro-aetheism updates, that they are just as annoying, just as off-putting as the pro-religious posts.
I don't object to the upload, it was broadcast, why not put it on youtube.
But going by the smug, attacking title it was done with spiteful intent, to basically gloat at the expense of host. I'd like to think that anyone with a shred of decency would have held back somewhat.

Well said...

QuoteRichard Dawkins in the lions den, lol.

An interview that really indicates what the rational are up against with creationists.

The interviewer asks how we were able to go to the toilet if we evolved, and did we bump into things for millions of years whilst waiting for eyes to evolve!!!

This is a level of stupidity and misunderstanding that is virtually impossible to understand.

Perhaps as Bill Hick's pointed out years ago, maybe Creationists are not as evolved as the rest of us !

I think it's perfectly monstrous that this person watched the video, the sincere exchange at 50 seconds in, no less, and could come out with that jeering tripe. Utterly vile.

Ian Benson

What follows is an hours worth of excruciating television.

I've never watched one of these things before, but that was hilarious in places. I loved it when the creationist finally finished his absurd anecdote with "so am I deluded?" and a half-asleep Dawks goes "Probably yes."

Johnny Textface

Quote from: dr_christian_troy on January 29, 2013, 02:01:40 AM
I don't understand this music video, but I can't stop watching it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=d5BdyIGtYcg

That's one of the most disturbing things I have ever seen.

Beagle 2

That is fantastic! Hilarious and a brilliant track.