Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 20, 2024, 12:07:53 AM

Login with username, password and session length

YouTubes

Started by Neil, August 03, 2009, 01:49:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Famous Mortimer

Quote from: Lee on September 03, 2009, 02:44:29 PM
He doesn't even have a copy himself at the moment - I had to send him a WAV rip by email a few months back. You may be interested to know however that Gorse are currently working on a second album with Captain Sensible and Kanye West.
I am excited by that news. It's been so long I forgot why I first asked him for a copy - I presume I must have heard a track on WFMU or something. Can you send me a rip of it please? I promise to give some money to them if you do.

Nik Drou

Ray Comfort apologises for the whole banana thing...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XHaSZtf5I1k

1.30-2.00 is pure gold..

rudi

Quote from: El Unicornio, mang on August 18, 2009, 12:33:09 PM
Ha!

http://www.viddler.com/explore/failblog/videos/231/65.765/

I can grasp that someone may perhaps not understand how automatic doors work, but at what point do you think the best thing to do is... well, what he does?

Koant

I can't remember where I read that, but there was a suggestion that the guy was probably looking for lawsuit, hence his waiting for nobody to be around and coming back in looking concussed.

Santa's Boyfriend

Quote from: Koant on August 24, 2009, 08:38:26 AM
Hellen Keller speaks:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gv1uLfF35Uw
(not a joke)

Interestingly Helen Keller's later life has been airbrushed out of popular history - because she became a communist.  Her reasoning was that easily avoidable blindness (amongst other things) was being caused across the country by bad working practices because employers didn't want to take basic precautions.  Suddenly the same people who had written of her bravery and inspirational qualities started writing that since she was blind and deaf she couldn't possibly know what she was talking about.

Blue Jam

batwings

Santa's Boyfriend

Hey peeps, I'm looking for an advert to reference for something, but I can't remember what the ad is for.  It's the ad when a man is leaving work at lunchtime to go and see his girlfriend, but when he approaches her he suddenly finds himself back in his office.  This happens 3 or 4 times, and he gets very angry.  The ad is something to do with giving you more time or something.  It was on TV and in the cinema.  Can anyone remember what it's for, as I really want to show it to someone and I can't find it!

Famous Mortimer

Quote from: Santa's Boyfriend on September 07, 2009, 10:42:21 AM
Hey peeps, I'm looking for an advert to reference for something, but I can't remember what the ad is for.  It's the ad when a man is leaving work at lunchtime to go and see his girlfriend, but when he approaches her he suddenly finds himself back in his office.  This happens 3 or 4 times, and he gets very angry.  The ad is something to do with giving you more time or something.  It was on TV and in the cinema.  Can anyone remember what it's for, as I really want to show it to someone and I can't find it!
For some reason, my brain is saying Kenco Rappor, but I'm fairly sure my brain is lying to me. I remember the advert clear as day, too. Damn.

Santa's Boyfriend

It's really bugging me now!!  Was it an ad for a phone or something?  It was to do with "giving you  back those moments" or somesuch crap.

Morrisfan82

I dunno what it was for either, but it sounds similar to that short film about a guy who lives the same hour of his life over and over again.

Santa's Boyfriend

have you got a link to that?

Morrisfan82

I don't know what that was called either, sorry! It was a short film, about ten-fifteen minutes long, early nineties. I saw it on C4 one night, then when Groundhog Day came out a few years later I thought 'hey, that's the same idea'.

The short film was a bit different though, some guy kept hearing this crackling noise and suddenly he'd be an hour in the past, crossing a road, I think. This happened over and over again, and he freaks out and starts doing mad stuff only for it all to get undone every time.

[potential spoiler removed, see edit]

The above is from very sketchy recall, so it might not be super-correct.

I think it was Canadian or American.

Pre-edit that renders the above fairly pointless: this post by NoSleep indicates that it's called 1201 PM.

actwithoutwords

Artemis

Quote from: Blue Jam on September 05, 2009, 10:27:22 PM
Richard Dawkins reads out his hatemail:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AxdxZ47JouU

That is genuinely hilarious. The contrast to calling his haters "pathetic" then the way he says "dumbass" in the next couple of seconds is the funniest thing I've seen in ages.

Famous Mortimer

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iEY3IbtYDgU&feature=player_embedded

Via Robert Popper's blog, this is a compilation of old dating service videos.

Also, re: the advert request, you might want to spend a few hours in the company of old adverts via this:

http://www.youtube.com/user/Halfbricktv2

Santa's Boyfriend

Quote from: Muteki on September 07, 2009, 01:49:51 PM
Pre-edit that renders the above fairly pointless: this post by NoSleep indicates that it's called 1201 PM.

Thanks for that, it was really interesting!  I'd be surprised if that wasn't where the idea of Groundhog Day came from.

Pseudopath

Quote from: Santa's Boyfriend on September 07, 2009, 10:42:21 AM

Wasn't that Vodafone's 'Time Theft' advert? Here it is...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ieMbxPmKYOE

Nik Drou

Quote from: Santa's Boyfriend on September 07, 2009, 06:03:59 PM
Thanks for that, it was really interesting!  I'd be surprised if that wasn't where the idea of Groundhog Day came from.

I'm glad someone mentioned this film, as it gives me an excuse to link to my blog, where you can watch it in full.

http://nikdrou.wordpress.com/2009/04/15/the-universe-has-gone-cockamamie-and-im-sitting-here-eating-carrot-sticks/

Quote from: Richard Lupoff, the writer of 12:01 PM
The story was also adapted -- actually plagiarized -- into a major theatrical film in 1993. Jonathan Heap and I were outraged and tried very hard to go after the rascals who had robbed us, but alas, the Hollywood establishment closed ranks. We were no Art Buchwald. After half a year of lawyers' conferences and emotional stress, we agreed to put the matter behind us and get on with our lives.

Santa's Boyfriend

Famous Mortimer

I sat through 16 volumes of those youtube advert collections trying to find the one, because it set my brain off. Now I can go to bed happy.

Santa's Boyfriend

Wow, you poor verbwhore!  I appreciate the effort though.

Pseudopath

Quote from: Famous Mortimer on September 08, 2009, 12:11:16 AM
I sat through 16 volumes of those youtube advert collections trying to find the one, because it set my brain off. Now I can go to bed happy.

Glad to be of assistance. I don't suppose you found the Max The Lion advert from the early '90s in any of those compilations, did you? I bloody loved that advert.

Famous Mortimer

It seemed to be 1996-1998 on there. But feel free to go indulge yourself too, via the link above (start at vol. 17).

Roy*Mallard

Fuck, i love this guy. It's so beautiful as his voice turns into that of a mouse at the end of the video..........

R-Man's Doctor Who Review: Earthshock

Artemis

That's great! I love that he moans about the spoilers on the DVD description but is fine to read them out to everyone anyway. Poor guy. Why on earth didn't he review that and try again?

Artemis

The old Fern & Phil laughing fits never fail to cheer me up. 'Dunking Beef' is of course the ultimate, but this incident, where they've done so much TV in such a short space that they just can't do any more is great too. I love when PipScho tries to get himself back on track only to find himself mentioning a 'Supergran Hair Clinic' and just can't contain himself at what a ludicrous thing he's talking about.

Phil & Fern (HQ)

biggytitbo

Glebe